All things Dundee FC

13 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

I can just see it now. Grayson's contract with Barrow runs out at the end of the season and Bowyer hands him a 2-year deal. 😠

Couldn't wait to get him on today, that'll be him back in the side.

To be fair Byrne was absolutely invisible today. Grayson but more notable Robertson provided more in their little time on the pitch. 

Anderson once again didn't take the chance to make the position his own when starting; on the other hand Williamson is without a doubt a stick on for our starting eleven just now - another great performance and looks more confident by the week.

Think today showed we need French and Robinson though; Mulligan had his good moments but just wasn't comfortable at wingback IMO. 

Big game next week and a trip to Inverness is always a good day. Roll on.

Thank you. 

The debate between Grayson and Byrne is covering the cracks in behind where for the last year plus we've had Sweeney and Ashcroft throwing in goals every game. Add in Kerr and dodgy keepers and you hit our major weakness - albeit Lawlor is performing well for now.

Really hope January is finally the window we can shore up this defence that has been awful for at least three years. If we do then the league will be ours with ease.

McGhee is playing the best out the back three within the current formation and is throwing himself into my mind for potential of a contract as a squad player at the seasons end. The other two would be dumped on their arse ASAP however no matter what happens between now and May, simply not good enough for where we want to be.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The debate between Grayson and Byrne is covering the cracks in behind where for the last year plus we've had Sweeney and Ashcroft throwing in goals every game. Add in Kerr and dodgy keepers and you hit our major weakness - albeit Lawlor is performing well for now.

Really hope January is finally the window we can shore up this defence that has been awful for at least three years. If we do then the league will be ours with ease.

McGhee is playing the best out the back three within the current formation and is throwing himself into my mind for potential of a contract as a squad player at the seasons end. The other two would be dumped on their arse ASAP however no matter what happens between now and May, simply not good enough for where we want to be.

Thank you.

Agree with that, re the defence, it's a minor miracle if we can somehow keep a clean sheet, it's not good enough. McGhee and French are easily the best defenders, build something with those two. On a sidenote watched Forsyth still doing the business for Derby today, class full back who's had a great career.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Agree with that, re the defence, it's a minor miracle if we can somehow keep a clean sheet, it's not good enough. McGhee and French are easily the best defenders, build something with those two. On a sidenote watched Forsyth still doing the business for Derby today, class full back who's had a great career.

Thank you.

Agree with that 110%, Craig Forsyth would be a wonderful signing now approaching the end of his career.

A first class left back who also plays central defence whilst also still a capable left mid, what's not to like?

Still highly regarded at Derby however, out of contract next Summer after 10 years there.

Thank you.

Agree with that 110%, Craig Forsyth would be a wonderful signing now approaching the end of his career.
A first class left back who also plays central defence whilst also still a capable left mid, what's not to like?
Still highly regarded at Derby however, out of contract next Summer after 10 years there.
Thank you.

I’d agree other than he’s a bit brittle. Sort of guy you give a 2 year contract to and he plays 5 games.
Has Kevin MacDonald given up, just out of interest.

24 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’d agree other than he’s a bit brittle. Sort of guy you give a 2 year contract to and he plays 5 games.
Has Kevin MacDonald given up, just out of interest.

As far as I'm aware Spud, Kevin McDonald is not currently signed up as a player. Probably would've signed last season had it not been for the Donald Duck set up at Dens under Calamity James.

Watched a few games between Derby and Mrs TCM's Stoke City before Derby's relegation to League One and Craig Forsyth is no wallflower or shrinking violet if I'm honest.

Regards   

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Very true - but do we really fear them? A free hit and I think we can take them.

They're a really solid team this season but there is no point being defeatist about anyone out-with the ugly sisters. Mon the dee's.

As an aside I'm glad Finn is getting a bit of praise on here - he is a technically gifted midfielder that, as I said earlier, he needs a consistent run in the team before anyone can make proper judgement.

On 26/11/2022 at 18:30, Dundee-FC92 said:

Fair play to the Airdrie who brought decent numbers also. 

To be fair though, it is a club with some sort of history and tradition unlike the total non-entities such as Accies, ICT and the Morten.

Thank you.

Their history involves going bust and buying over Clydebank FC and renaming themselves.