All things Dundee FC

How are we doing this evening gentlemen ? Great result today chaps, any result that puts Accies back in their box is a reason for good cheer 😁.
Was looking at the starting line up from today and seen that Rudden was on the bench. How has he been for you boys ? I know we were really interested in him before he knocked us back for you’s so just curious how he’s turned out ?

8 minutes ago, D-Fens Foster said:

How are we doing this evening gentlemen ? Great result today chaps, any result that puts Accies back in their box is a reason for good cheer 😁.
Was looking at the starting line up from today and seen that Rudden was on the bench. How has he been for you boys ? I know we were really interested in him before he knocked us back for you’s so just curious how he’s turned out ?

Alright, but........

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

First time around in the 1990's I wore the DFC tartan from Lawrence's of Broughty Ferry. They were then located in Brook Street across the road from the TSB, however I'm not sure if they're still trading.

Second and to date, very successful marriage in 2010 to Mrs TCM I used McCall's on the corner of Brook St and Gray St in the Ferry. However, I chose an alternative tartan, superstitious, lol.

All the best @MarbellaDEE for the future.

Regards

Much appreciated and thanks for the kind words! Happy Saturday night to all dark blue shaggers.

thank you. 

24 minutes ago, D-Fens Foster said:

Very raw, but alright for a back up striker. Bit too limited and needs the game played a certain way for him to be truly effective but won us the game today with a great bit of play.

13 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Alright, but........

A truly right old blast from the past @Bigmouth Strikes Again, nice one.

"I've drank too much, and I've said too much, and there's nowhere to go but down".

Tailor made for us gentle apostles.

Regards  

5 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

A truly right old blast from the past @Bigmouth Strikes Again, nice one.

"I've drank too much, and I've said too much, and there's nowhere to go but down".

Tailor made for us gentle apostles.

Regards  

I like the booing and cheering at the end, so put it in the sig.

Thank you.

The second quarter of fixtures has so far seen us pick up 15 points out of 21 available. 

Two remaining fixtures against the Highland morons Caley and the tinpot Cove at home. For me it was always staying in touch with top spot until January within a distance achievable to take over from January onwards with new signings replacingt the perma-losers we have in the squad. 

In that case we're ahead of the curve right at the minute, having the benefit of 3 from 4 matches in January being at Dens. 

Time to give the likes of Anderson, Jakubiak and McCowan a run out next week in the cup before giving it a good go up in the HIghlands. If it goes wrong there we have Cove at home to fall back on to get ourselves in a good position before travelling to Ayr in the final match of the year. 

Things are good for now IMO especially with the Dayglo filth rooted to the foot of the premiership with fat man Ashgar eyeing up who to throw even more cash (that they don't have) at in January to avoid crisis.

Thank you. 

Edited by Dundee-FC92

18 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I like the booing and cheering at the end, so put it in the sig.

Thank you.

If there is a better performance of Disappointed than his first solo gig at Wolverhampton in ‘88 I’ve not seen it.  Crowd going as wild as though McPake has just scored a last minute equaliser to make it 2-2!

On 19/11/2022 at 17:48, Yenitit said:

Disagree completely about Byrne but the rest is hard to disagree with. The problem 1st half I thought was the forwards got separated from the rest of the team with no one coming short from the forwards to link play. Mulligan, Anderson or Gowser would’ve made a huge difference 1st half. 

Sheridan shouldn’t have started today. 

Sheridan looked fine in his short stint last time out so I wasn't disappointed to see him start. Unfortunately he was back to his brutal worst. At half time I was hoping Mulligan would come on to improve the threat through the middle. Is it that we just don't seem to play well with two up front because we just don't have the quality? Been so long I can't remember the last good pairing we've had that worked effectively together.

12 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Sheridan looked fine in his short stint last time out so I wasn't disappointed to see him start. Unfortunately he was back to his brutal worst. At half time I was hoping Mulligan would come on to improve the threat through the middle. Is it that we just don't seem to play well with two up front because we just don't have the quality? Been so long I can't remember the last good pairing we've had that worked effectively together.

With our best two strikers upfront we've scored three in the second half against Partick and one to win the game against Hamilton in the last fortnight. When have we not played well with Robinson and Rudden upfront?

We haven't looked good with two upfront when the likes of Sheridan and Osei play simply because they are a couple of mutants who shouldnt be gracing the turf of Dens Park.

Rudden won us the game on Saturday and done well against Partick whilst Robinson as we all know can play at a higher level. The defence is settled of late - its now time to settle on our front two.

Thank you.

On 21/11/2022 at 11:41, DieDee said:

In my opinion any one can come off the bench when we are winning comfortably and do well. Rudden gets a lot of stick but his hassling of defenders and work rate speaks for itself. 

Rudden can only work in a two. The problem is he very frustrating because his second touch is usually a tackle and he chooses the wrong decision quite a lot of the time. He's an absolute buzz bomb though and has a natural talent for putting the ball in the back of the net. He's only 22 so has a lot of time to develop into a more composed player.

I reckon he and Robinson could develop into an absolute cracking pairing. Needs a lot of time on the training ground to ensure they're not doing the same job at times which is another frustration but they have the attributes to be very effective.

Put it this way, I'm glad we have Rudden and Partick Thistle have Danny Mullen.