All things Dundee FC

6 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Sorry to come in on a negative but Mulligan is a greedy wee bassa' and it's going to cost us at one point this season. 

Three occcasions yesterday he could've slipped a player in on goal with a bit of composure as well as the header he stole clean off Robinsons nut. The biggest one i remember this season is Raith away when he could've easily slipped it to McGowan to seal the game but then we went onto nearly lose the three points becasue of it.

SImply not good enough; Mulligan needs to learn it's not all about himself. Contributing assists and with the driving runs he makes he can be a great attribute in the starting eleven. There's much more to a player than goal numbers  - Mulligan can do with being pulled aside and told this. 

Hamilton up next as we look for seven unbeaten and as i've said all along January is closing in. We're in a good position and have stumbled on a formation that works.

That's the DABs rooted to the bottom for over a month as well with their colossal budget. Happy days. 

Thank you. 

Mulligan clearly has talent but as soon as he gets the ball he get's severe tunnel vision and only thinks about getting a shot off, completely oblivious to what's happening around him. If he can iron this out of his game it will be a huge improvement in his performances.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

On a more positive note, I think Williamson proved he's a good player yesterday rather than another OF dud loan signing. We just need to see it on a consistent basis.

@Yenitit pointed out he was playing alongside Byrne yesterday.  I personally rate Byrne as a more useful player, especially in this league, than Grayson.  Could him playing with the more experienced (at the very least in Scottish football terms) Byrne have been a significant factor?

I am genuinely interested in people’s thoughts on this one as I wasn’t at Dens yesterday for the first time this season - I’m still recovering from surgery I had a fortnight ago and recovery is not going as quickly as I’d hoped / imagined it would.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

@Yenitit pointed out he was playing alongside Byrne yesterday.  I personally rate Byrne as a more useful player, especially in this league, than Grayson.  Could him playing with the more experienced (at the very least in Scottish football terms) Byrne have been a significant factor?

I am genuinely interested in people’s thoughts on this one as I wasn’t at Dens yesterday for the first time this season - I’m still recovering from surgery I had a fortnight ago and recovery is not going as quickly as I’d hoped / imagined it would.

I'd need to see Byrne given an extended run in the team to judge that fairly. I personally, don't think Byrne did anything that Grayson hadn't been doing earlier in the match but have seen some say that Byrne was talking Williamson through the match.

I think either way, the key to our success is McGhee being at CH and that instantly makes our CM pairings more workable and our defence more solid.

Happy to see Byrne back involved and I hope him and Grayson have a battle for the shirt because that will only be good for us in the long run!

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd need to see Byrne given an extended run in the team to judge that fairly. I personally, don't think Byrne did anything that Grayson hadn't been doing earlier in the match but have seen some say that Byrne was talking Williamson through the match.

I think either way, the key to our success is McGhee being at CH and that instantly makes our CM pairings more workable and our defence more solid.

Happy to see Byrne back involved and I hope him and Grayson have a battle for the shirt because that will only be good for us in the long run!

Totally agree with McGhee comment in particular.   Actually, I pretty much agree with all of it other than from what I’ve seen in the past I do think Byrne is more suited to this campaign (league) than Grayson.  Just my opinion of course.  I’m not saying I’m right.

15 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

100% was the case. Byrne protected the 3 centrehalfs putting himself about in the tackle allowing Williamson and Mulligan express themselves. 

Easton of Raith was running the game until Byrne replaced Grayson then he was hardly saw again. This was the same Easton who’s played at 11 different clubs including the likes of Berwick, Elgin, Clyde, Dumbarton, Forfar, Airdrie and Kelty amongst others. Says it all really. 

I think Grayson's been picking his game up of late, but I will say that the game really did first switch when Byrne came on and help link an otherwise shaky defence-midfield connection in an unfamiliar formation. Williamson did compliment Byrne well, and gave us a better outlet through to Robinson with his more adventurous playstyle.

On Mulligan, he definitely could've been a bit more selfless at times, but I find it hard to get too annoyed at a player with ambition and a drive to score. He's a young lad and that'll come I'm certain, and when he starts racking up assists he'll be running the show all by himself in no time.

40 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Easton of Raith was running the game until Byrne replaced Grayson then he was hardly saw again. This was the same Easton who’s played at 11 different clubs including the likes of Berwick, Elgin, Clyde, Dumbarton, Forfar, Airdrie and Kelty amongst others. Says it all really. 

Agree with you on Byrne but I don't think dismissing Easton like that is fair, he's a smart playmaker and one of Raith's best creators. The fact he (as was their other tricky players like Connolly) was anonymous for most of the game is a credit to the performance in the midfield.

19 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Just been reading about this now. Total shame as it was a bonnie Art Deco style building and I always take the view that preservation/repurposing is the way to go. Don't like seeing things go to waste.

Actually explored the inside a few years ago and found loads of weird/cool shit that I took home with me. Also had to do an impromptu shite in one of the rooms and used a couple of pages from a Billy Connolly autobiography that was in there. It was either that or a book of carpet samples. I thought the big yin would have found it funny.

image.thumb.jpeg.bd072f04798c431be8118eeabeeb588f.jpeg

Knew I had a photo!

Thought Lawlor looked decent on Saturday but at this point a new goalkeeper and LB surely have to be the priority. Must be some bigger clubs, particularly from England, that have a LB that is going on 23, Kamara type signing, that probably won't be seen as ready for his current club's 1st team that could be enticed to Dens and do more than a good job up here. Use the Cummings bonus to give us the best chance of going up, it'd more than pay for itself if we can.

9 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Thought Lawlor looked decent on Saturday but at this point a new goalkeeper and LB surely have to be the priority. Must be some bigger clubs, particularly from England, that have a LB that is going on 23, Kamara type signing, that probably won't be seen as ready for his current club's 1st team that could be enticed to Dens and do more than a good job up here. Use the Cummings bonus to give us the best chance of going up, it'd more than pay for itself if we can.

We’re in a weird situation with our keeper’s where they are all good at 1 basic attribute of keeping out of distribution, coming for crosses and saving but pish at the other 2. Lawlor best at distribution, Legzdins best at coming for crosses and Sharp the best at saving.

Think people on here were raving about a fullback of Blackburn’s in the preseason game. Can’t remember if it was a left or fight back tho. Might be worth giving  Blackburn a call. 

Edited by Yenitit

4 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Happy to say that I seem to have had my theory on the Cummings World Cup money confirmed, at minimum we should see £80,000 from his time there, mainly thanks to him being here for exactly half of the previous 2-year period.

IMG_20221114_132335.thumb.jpg.592aa1b0481ee0bc9c807c35796e1b0a.jpg

That’s a welcome break for the club. Will probably add just over 3k a week to the wage bill until the end of the season if the club choose to use it that way. 2 or 3 loan deals or maybe 2 new signings. 

33 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I think Lawlor is a bit like Dracula when it comes to crosses.

Raith’s only real chance in the 1st half came because he stayed on his line instead of coming out for the cross. The guy’s header looked like he was about 4 yards out beyond the back post. 

We’re in a weird situation with our keeper’s where they are all good at 1 basic attribute of keeping out of distribution, coming for crosses and saving but pish at the other 2. Lawlor best at distribution, Legzdins best at coming for crosses and Sharp the best at saving.

Think people on here were raving about a fullback of Blackburn’s in the preseason game. Can’t remember if it was a left or fight back tho. Might be worth giving  Blackburn a call. 

Don’t see Ledzgins coming off his line too often either if I’m honest.

14 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Raith’s only real chance in the 1st half came because he stayed on his line instead of coming out for the cross. The guy’s header looked like he was about 4 yards out beyond the back post. 

He's a liability, we need better, get the fear everytime he goes near the ball.