All things Dundee FC

4 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Ludo, I think it’s harsh the group of people that pick SPFL team of the week are trolling you!

Thought he played well on Saturday. Doesn't mean I think he's good enough to be in a top flight team.

Said before, I'm relatively happy with Cammy in the side whilst we are in the Championship due to there being bigger concerns ie, CH. There's worse than him in the squad but he shouldn't be getting a new deal if we get promoted.

ETA: I'd still take Grimshaw from Morton, McMillan from Partick, Musonda from Ayr (More natural at CH but played RB a lot for Raith) and probably Houston from Ayr too and Jason Naismith before he seemed to get crocked ahead of him though hence my lower half comment previously.

Edited by Ludo*1

Great to read Cummings saying he's fallen back in love with football since moving to Austrailia. Also brilliant to see him that involved that he openly admits he started crying when he got the call up to the World Cup squad.

Good to see he missed the call because he was too busy sleeping in the afternoon. :lol:

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Thought he played well on Saturday. Doesn't mean I think he's good enough to be in a top flight team.

Said before, I'm relatively happy with Cammy in the side whilst we are in the Championship due to there being bigger concerns ie, CH. There's worse than him in the squad but he shouldn't be getting a new deal if we get promoted.

ETA: I'd still take Grimshaw from Morton, McMillan from Partick, Musonda from Ayr (More natural at CH but played RB a lot for Raith) and probably Houston from Ayr too and Jason Naismith before he seemed to get crocked ahead of him though hence my lower half comment previously.

Tbh there aren’t many in this league that are sticking out to me in terms of defenders. Maybe Milne of Partick and Raith have an 18 year old on loan that’s a big unit for his age and done quite well against us, he’s worth keeping an eye on. I did like the boy we got from Tottenham on loan last season tho. 

If we got promoted how many of our squad are good enough for a step up? Keepers, nah. Marshall, nah, you’d keep a French although his ability up a level is untested. Centre Halves, nah. Midfield - obviously you’d keep Mulligan and Anderson, the rest, nah. Wide players, nah but you’d keep Cameron. Strikers, Robinson, the rest, nah.
Big re-building job required.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

If we got promoted how many of our squad are good enough for a step up? Keepers, nah. Marshall, nah, you’d keep a French although his ability up a level is untested. Centre Halves, nah. Midfield - obviously you’d keep Mulligan and Anderson, the rest, nah. Wide players, nah but you’d keep Cameron. Strikers, Robinson, the rest, nah.

I'd certainly keep a few more than you have there but agree overall.

Major cull is required similar to when Hartley won the league. 

On 25/05/2022 at 23:49, RossBFaeDundee said:

Dundee F.C.:

Goalkeepers:

1. Adam Legzdins (35) - June 2023

21. Ian Lawlor (28) - June 2023

30. Harrison Sharp (21) - June 2023

Defenders:

2. Cammy Kerr (27) - June 2023

3. Jordan Marshall (26) - June 2023

4. Tyler French (23) - June 2024

5. Ryan Sweeney (25) - June 2023

6. Jordan McGhee (26) - June 2023

14. Lee Ashcroft (29) - June 2023

27. Luke Strachan (21) - June 2023

Midfielders:

8. Shaun Byrne (29) - June 2024

10. Paul McGowan (35) - June 2023

15. Josh Mulligan (19) - June 2023

19. Finlay Robertson (19) - June 2023

22. Ben Williamson (21) - June 2023 (loan)

24. Max Anderson (21) - June 2023

25. Lyall Cameron (20) - June 2023

38. Joe Grayson (23) - June 2023 (loan)

Forwards:

7. Alex Jakubiak (26) - June 2023

11. Niall McGinn (35) (Winger) - June 2023

16. Zach Robinson (20) - June 2023 (loan)

17. Luke McCowan (24) (Winger) - June 2023

18. Paul McMullan (26) (Winger) - June 2023

20. Zak Rudden (22) - June 2025

23. Cillian Sheridan (33) - June 2023

31. Derick Osei (24) (Winger) - June 2023

Out on loan:

28. Sam Fisher (21) - June 2023 - on loan at Dunfermline Athletic.

Ages accurate as of 9/11/2022.

Currently the only players contracted for next season are Byrne, French and Rudden, with Byrne likely to have agreed some sort of pay-off if he does not convince Bowyer to bring him back into the fold this season.

I've always thought next season is the one which Bowyer should be judged on as he'll practically have a clean slate to work with in whatever division we're in, but tactically at least this season will have given us a strong idea of what to expect next year.

As for extensions Bowyer might look for, he'd be stupid not to get youth players like Mulligan and Anderson extended, and I can see him wanting to re-sign players like McGhee and McMullan who've been go-to players for him in a team he clearly isn't best pleased with. Personally would be appalled if Gowser didn't get his testimonial year, and there are a few more players like McCowan who I like and personally wouldn't mind returning.

Also, Cammy is definitely getting another extension, so just accept that.

Good chance the yanks don’t want us to go up this season for these reasons. 

He was man of the match at Ibrox the same evening Kerr had a howler (the whole match not just the goal) so that was a good start to French's top flight credentials.😘

Thank you Spuddy.

13 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Why? Practically none of them are set to come back next season anyway.

Last time we went up via playoffs they complained it was a season too early. I don’t know if players can trigger extensions if we go up this time. I just got the impression they punted Adam etc because they want to try build a squad of youth alongside players who can play in the top flight, but add to the squad gradually over a couple of seasons. If we go up this season we’d need to make about 15 signing in the summer who can play top flight and for whatever reason it doesn’t seem like we can attract too many of those players these days (basing that on all the knock backs McPake got last January/ bowyer got this summer.)

2 minutes ago, K.T said:

Last time we went up via playoffs they complained it was a season too early. I don’t know if players can trigger extensions if we go up this time. I just got the impression they punted Adam etc because they want to try build a squad of youth alongside players who can play in the top flight, but add to the squad gradually over a couple of seasons. If we go up this season we’d need to make about 15 signing in the summer who can play top flight and for whatever reason it doesn’t seem like we can attract too many of those players these days (basing that on all the knock backs McPake got last January/ bowyer got this summer.)

Realistically we need about 5/6 first team players to save us from relegation.

Three in January geared with top flight in mind and three/four in the summer whilst flushing out some of the shite.

You'd ideally have another 2/3 coming in the January of the Premier league season aswell.  

Players right now who I believe are good enough to play in a SQUAD who can avoid relegation bearing in mind you can have a few donkeys such as McGhee and Ashcroft around and still win games:

French

Mulligan/Anderson but not as first choice right now

McCowan/McMullen not as first choice

Robinson

Funnily enough two of Bowyers signings in there after just one window. Let's hope he continues to refurbish the mess the well backed McPake left behind. 

Thank you.

Currently the only players contracted for next season are Byrne, French and Rudden, with Byrne likely to have agreed some sort of pay-off if he does not convince Bowyer to bring him back into the fold this season.
I've always thought next season is the one which Bowyer should be judged on as he'll practically have a clean slate to work with in whatever division we're in, but tactically at least this season will have given us a strong idea of what to expect next year.
As for extensions Bowyer might look for, he'd be stupid not to get youth players like Mulligan and Anderson extended, and I can see him wanting to re-sign players like McGhee and McMullan who've been go-to players for him in a team he clearly isn't best pleased with. Personally would be appalled if Gowser didn't get his testimonial year, and there are a few more players like McCowan who I like and personally wouldn't mind returning.
Also, Cammy is definitely getting another extension, so just accept that.

I would keep Cammy anyway for the following reasons -
1) he has pace, vital in the league above
2) he’s never injured
3) never gives less than 100%
4) he can cover at least 2 positions
5) I think he’s good enough
6) you need some continuity
7) he’s a model pro
8)it will blow the heads of those who give him dogs abuse - jump on any mistake and continue to cast them up.

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I would keep Cammy anyway for the following reasons -
1) he has pace, vital in the league above
2) he’s never injured
3) never gives less than 100%
4) he can cover at least 2 positions
5) I think he’s good enough
6) you need some continuity
7) he’s a model pro
8)it will blow the heads of those who give him dogs abuse - jump on any mistake and continue to cast them up.

None of those points stick out as a good indicator for a player and generally sounds like a Sunday league profile.

Would you genuinely not rather see us bring in a quality right back to move this club forward instead of sticking with the same old? Okay maybe as a squad player he can be given another year as a past resort but he won't want that. A fresh start is maybe good for him aswell.

Thank you.

46 minutes ago, K.T said:

January will be interesting and should give us a better indication for sure. Hopefully Keyes backs bowyer

Can't see anything more than a minimum budget spent on players tbh. He will be looking to finance the stadium as a priority, they have basically said it makes no odds what division we play in just now.

None of those points stick out as a good indicator for a player and generally sounds like a Sunday league profile.
Would you genuinely not rather see us bring in a quality right back to move this club forward instead of sticking with the same old? Okay maybe as a squad player he can be given another year as a past resort but he won't want that. A fresh start is maybe good for him aswell.
Thank you.

I’d like to see us bring in a quality anything. Looking at the cup final v Rangers highlights, we had so many good players. Barring potentially the younger players (and I include French and Robinson), and maybe McCowan we have none now.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Whilst we're on the topic of mediocrity the Utd faithful should be looking forward to the rout of Kilmarnock at home tonight.

All that money thrown into the squad should see a comfortable win for them in the basement battle. 

Fair play to them.

Thank you.

Got them on the coupon.

That's them fucked.

Thank you.

Sid James Laugh on Make a GIF

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Think Bowyer's favoured player profile is big and athletic first. Actual ability second (but still decent enough).

Think given time, he'll turn us into a big, nasty, physical team that aren't always easy on the eye.

And I'm all for that. We've always been a wee team that gets bullied or conned by teams that push the rules to the limit. 

Bring it on.

Edited by Ludo*1