All things Dundee FC

Never thought I'd see a Smith Vs Kerr debate these days 😂

Tough to compare though as Smith played at a time when full backs bombing forward at the expense of defensive play were the exception rather than the rule. I do remember the stick got in his early days because we were seething at losing Weighorst and because we thought he'd be pretty decent because he came from Celtic. 

17 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Personally I would bin him, and get Deewok back, maybe start a petition or something?

Thank you.

Dundee Football Club on Twitter: "Despite online rumours of his impending  retirement we are delighted to announce Deewok has today signed a new deal  with the club #thedee https://t.co/6UZIUfnfUc" / Twitter

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Sure I seen him staggering about outside the Widsor on Friday night. :(

a sad demise.

Sure I was at a Thistle game where Deewok got arrested for battering a Weegie.

Bring him home

So £8.7k per day, which is the only figure I have to go on numbers-wise. The Independent said that "any club that a player that has been registered with in the two years prior to the World Cup will be eligible for a share of the daily payout", so whether we only get a percentage of that £8.7k per day or the full whack is unclear. FIFA's official release on their Club Benefits programme makes it sound like the full whack.

The World Cup starts on 20th November, the earlier Australia can be eliminated from the tournament is 30th November, so at minimum that's 10 days which equates to £87,000 from Cummings. If somehow they ran the gamut to the final on 18th December, it'd go up to £243,600. The minimum £87k is far more realistic, obviously.

FIFA's official release also states that  "for each one of the days the relevant player remains with his national team during the FIFA World Cup 2022™ and the official preparation period", so with the prep period it could well reach over £100k at minimum.

The Independent also states, per FIFA, that "Clubs will be able to submit claims digitally for the first time"...

uh oh 😬

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

So £8.7k per day, which is the only figure I have to go on numbers-wise. The Independent said that "any club that a player that has been registered with in the two years prior to the World Cup will be eligible for a share of the daily payout", so whether we only get a percentage of that £8.7k per day or the full whack is unclear. FIFA's official release on their Club Benefits programme makes it sound like the full whack.

The World Cup starts on 20th November, the earlier Australia can be eliminated from the tournament is 30th November, so at minimum that's 10 days which equates to £87,000 from Cummings. If somehow they ran the gamut to the final on 18th December, it'd go up to £243,600. The minimum £87k is far more realistic, obviously.

FIFA's official release also states that  "for each one of the days the relevant player remains with his national team during the FIFA World Cup 2022™ and the official preparation period", so with the prep period it could well reach over £100k at minimum.

The Independent also states, per FIFA, that "Clubs will be able to submit claims digitally for the first time"...

uh oh 😬

I read online that’s it’s 10 US Dollars per day from when the official World Cup preparation period starts. Not sure when that starts, might be as early as this coming Monday. Their last group match is December 1st and each club gets paid until the day after the players nation exits the tournament. Could be 9k per day because the arse has fell out of the economy here.

The club surely has the dough to strengthen the playing squad between this and the Ibrox cup ticket money. 

Edited by Yenitit

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

The club surely has the dough to strengthen the playing squad between this and the Ibrox cup ticket money. 

That's what I'm thinking. Better have the targets set up and ready to go Bowyer.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

I read online that’s it’s 10k US Dollars per day from when the official World Cup preparation period starts. Not sure when that starts, might be as early as this coming Monday. Their last group match is December 1st and each club gets paid until the day after the players nation exits the tournament. Could be 9k per day because the arse has fell out of the economy here.

Aye, $10k roughly translates to £8.7k, so hopefully we see some healthy cash for putting Cummings back on the map 😉

As for January, considering the hundreds of thousands extra being picked up it would be a shambles to have a transfer window resembling the summer one considering how badly we need a change-up after that nonsense.

A similar one to the 2021 January window wouldn't go amiss. Too bad we can't bring in Jason Cummings.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Watching Mrs TCM's Stoke City clinch 3 points tonight against former manager Nathan Jones' Luton Town.

However, the highlight of the evening was her reminder for me not to mention Cammy Kerr again on Friday night after having a couple of weekend drams.

Clock ticking, lol.

26-05-2015-Julian-Speroni-Testimonial-dy-24167.jpg.c2313957a8b5ab5f15a0c3c8c736dbb3.jpg

Kerr > Smith.

I genuinely think it's wild how big of a scapegoat he's been made out to be for years.  Is he Cafu?  Absolutely not.  Is he good enough for a Scottish Championship winning team?  Absolutely.  Is right back a position that needs strengthened when we go up?  Without a doubt.  But the boy has played under some of the worst humans that have ever lived in about 61 positions.  There's a lot worse players on our books than Cammy.