All things Dundee FC

Last post from me on it (apologies for the third post in a row) but I view Cammy as a bottom end of the Championship RB that is elevated on occasion due to sheer determination and passion for the club.

I view and viewed Smith as a mid-tier top flight player (in any of the 3 positions he played) but especially so at CDM. I'd have him in a Dundee team before you combined the talents of Byrne AND Kerr personally.

Either way, if we get promoted, the whole back line bar French and possibly McGhee (at CH only) should be getting punted as none are at the required standard and I think that's more important than any comparisons to former players.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That blows my mind tbh.

I disagree with pretty much all of that other than Smith not getting ahead of Zurab.

Fair enough though. Will leave it there.

Ludo so I can kind of get a grasp on your football thoughts is your username a pisstake on Ludovic Roy or is it because he was your favourite player or something along those lines?

Barry would’ve been well done the list of picks of players in that Bonnetti side. 

I take it you think Barry was quick, good in the air and good on the ball then…

Edited by Yenitit

Just now, Yenitit said:

Ludo so I can kind of get a grasp on your football thoughts is your username a pisstake on Ludovic Roy or is it because he was your favourite player or something along those lines?

Barry would’ve been well done the list of picks of players in that Bonnetti side. 

It was because Craig Samson was first choice goalkeeper at the time rather than my opinion of Roy.

I never said otherwise.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Because you are the sole Smith supporter in this debate and are therefore wrong?

Bit snide from you Johnny. Quite unlike you and a bit poor IMO. 

Am I the sole supporter of Smith in this debate or the only one to engage in it?

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bit snide from you Johnny. Quite unlike you and a bit poor IMO. 

Am I the sole supporter of Smith in this debate or the only one to engage in it?

Lighten up mate, I wrote it in a lighthearted way.

The only one to admit it at least.

Just now, johnnydun said:

Lighten up mate, I wrote it in a lighthearted way.

The only one to admit it at least.

Well, it certainly didn't come across that way to me.

I think most would be too stunned at the suggestion to engage. Thankfully I had a little free time to address it! ;)

13 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It was because Craig Samson was first choice goalkeeper at the time rather than my opinion of Roy.

I never said otherwise.

I never said you did. I was more puzzled that you maybe rated him as a keeper. 👍

You did say whether you thought Barry had those attributes I mentioned or not. 

Edited by Yenitit

9 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I never said you did. I was more puzzled that you maybe rated him as a keeper. 👍

You did say whether you thought Barry had those attributes I mentioned or not. 

I was referring to second part of your post. Certainly would have Roy ahead of the 3 options we have now but had a clanger in him as well.

What attributes did you mention? Didn't see that mentioned in the post I quoted. Nor in your post that you just quoted there. Apologies - not intentionally ignoring stuff.

Edited by Ludo*1

27 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

The fact that we are discussing whether Barry Smith or Cammy Kerr is the better player only goes to show how long mediocrity has been acceptable at Dens.

This. Thought the same for a long time. We accept mediocrity far to easily. 

Edited by Yenitit

The Cammy /Barry debate is classic football fan fun. It’s always controversial comparing lads between different eras as no one is right and no one is wrong. 
I liked Barry and I like Cammy. I’d say to join in the fun, Cammy just shades it as he scores an occasional goal. Saturday’s celebration was sensational from Cammy. 😄

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Either way, if we get promoted, the whole back line bar French and possibly McGhee (at CH only) should be getting punted as none are at the required standard and I think that's more important than any comparisons to former players.

Have to disagree. McGhee has been there and failed the test. I like French but he's getting away with things playing in our league. His defending on the first goal on Saturday was very poor.

A new back 4 required for next season.

Just now, ScottyDee1893 said:

Have to disagree. McGhee has been there and failed the test. I like French but he's getting away with things playing in our league. His defending on the first goal on Saturday was very poor.

A new back 4 required for next season.

Wouldn't disagree. Must admit I do have a wee bit of a weakness when it comes to McGhee. Probably my favourite player but couldn't argue against him being culled.

Agree about French. To continue a pile on of Kerr though, I think French has the potential to be a really good RB for us though.

1 hour ago, Chateau Lafite said:

The Cammy /Barry debate is classic football fan fun. It’s always controversial comparing lads between different eras as no one is right and no one is wrong. 
I liked Barry and I like Cammy. I’d say to join in the fun, Cammy just shades it as he scores an occasional goal. Saturday’s celebration was sensational from Cammy. 😄

Agreed. All light hearted.