All things Dundee FC

Fair play on the second half performance, didn’t look like there was any we we could get back into that game at half time. However, am still worried that GazBo will go back to McGhee and Grayson in central midfield again next week and leave us in a similar pickle as for the first half today. 

Seriously, of all the realistic options for central midfield we have - McGhee, Grayson, Williamson , Anderson, Robertson, Byrne, Mulligan, Gowser and Cameron - the three that GazBo seems to favour are the three I would pick last - McGhee, Grayson and Williamson. 

Man of the match performance? I suspect you clearly weren't at the game nor any of the folk who think this. He wasn't even in the top 3 of our performers, but great that he was in the position to score the deflected shot. Scenes at the goal.
Big win, delighted tonight. Mulligan and Osei were needing hooked and Bowyer acted quickly. Well done to Bowyer today. 
Robinson and Anderson were outstanding in the second half. Particularly Anderson who looked like the llayer we seen at times last season. He has to be given a start next week.
The away support havent had a game like that in a long time. Buzzing. Roll on the Raith for another big test; win and we can start to move forward as we edge closer to Jan.
Thank you.

Lol.
Cammy was brilliant today. He saved the game with a brilliant tackle at the start of the second half when we were 2 nil down and scored the winner. But other than that he didn’t put a foot wrong, even the ‘wrong’ foot.
French however, who has impressed nearly sold the jumpers.
Robinson is our best forward, absolutely no doubt, and Anderson was great when he came on.
Mulligan is a really decent prospect but is needing taken out for a couple of games.
I actually thing that Grayson is half decent too, thought he played well today and amazingly the change of shape suited McGhee too.
Desperate changes at half time getting a result doesn’t save Bowyer from criticism, he selected the starting 11 after all, but if he can learn and build on this then great I say.

11 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Lol.
Cammy was brilliant today. He saved the game with a brilliant tackle at the start of the second half when we were 2 nil down and scored the winner. But other than that he didn’t put a foot wrong, even the ‘wrong’ foot.
French however, who has impressed nearly sold the jumpers.
Robinson is our best forward, absolutely no doubt, and Anderson was great when he came on.
Mulligan is a really decent prospect but is needing taken out for a couple of games.
I actually thing that Grayson is half decent too, thought he played well today and amazingly the change of shape suited McGhee too.
Desperate changes at half time getting a result doesn’t save Bowyer from criticism, he selected the starting 11 after all, but if he can learn and build on this then great I say.

Cammy was very poor in the first half (admittedly so was the whole team). He took his goal well but I can’t see how anyone would say he was man of the match. Anderson or Robinson for me. Both were excellent when they came on and changed the game.

I don’t see what Grayson brings to the team. A midfielder who sits deep but doesn’t break up play, plays the ball backwards and rarely shows for the ball. He does nothing for me, but maybe I’m missing something. He seems like a poorer version of the likes of Byrne.

The scenes post Cammy goal/full time felt like today was start of something. Coming back from 2 down to win shows a bit of character and hopefully we can build on it. Could see at the end that it meant a lot to Bowyer, hopefully he learns from today. 

Edited by Netan Sansara

Cammy was very poor in the first half (admittedly so was the whole team). He took his goal well but I can’t see how anyone would say he was man of the match. Anderson or Robinson for me. Both were excellent when they came on and changed the game.
I don’t see what Grayson brings to the team. A midfielder who sits deep but doesn’t break up play, plays the ball backwards and rarely shows for the ball. He does nothing for me, but maybe I’m missing something. He seems like a poorer version of the likes of Byrne.
The scenes post Cammy goal/full time felt like today was start of something. Coming back from 2 down to win shows a bit of character and hopefully we can build on it. Could see at the end that it meant a lot to Bowyer, hopefully he learns from today. 

Watching a different game to me. Did you not notice French getting totally skinned?

34 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Watching a different game to me. Did you not notice French getting totally skinned?

For goal one French was poor, but whats that got to do with Kerrs display? French was no worse than Kerr over the 90 minutes. Especially in an attacking sense that second half. French got us up the pitch time and time again.

Kerr improved second half but he couldnt of been much worse; continually gave it away in the first half and lost out on alot of 50/50s. It's simply not true to say he never put a foot wrong. Watch a re-run if you need to I'm not making this stuff up for the sake of it. Scoring the winner doesn't create a good performance - that's the sort of thinking I'd imagine from the likes of McPake.

As I said the other day Kerrs had a lot of poor games so was due his good one. I'd say he reached an average level and here we go with the clamour again. Don't get it. He had a decent second half as opposed to Anderson and Robinson who made game changing impacts. McMullen was good throughout aswell.

A negative today would be Grayson. Apart from the last 10 where he began to take a little bit of control and showed some composure he was very poor. McGhee and Grayson isn't the answer goung forward think we all know that anyway. They choose the simple balls everytime, appears they have absolutely no belief in themselves to help take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Thank you.

48 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I did. I thought French was poor defensively, did okay going forward at times. Not sure how that changes anything I said. 

Edited by Netan Sansara

We had a spell at the start of the 2nd half where we were looking threatening every time we went forward and thought if we score early enough the comeback and win was on. Bowyer needs to get his act together pronto with his midfield. 

Kerr was very good for the last half hour after he launched an aimless 60 yard punt pretty much right into the Partick keeper’s hands. At that point no one watching would’ve thought he was good enough never mind man of the match. 

The good thing is the game’s all about opinions. 

Edited by Yenitit

3 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

For goal one French was poor, but whats that got to do with Kerrs display? French was no worse than Kerr over the 90 minutes. Especially in an attacking sense that second half. French got us up the pitch time and time again.

Kerr improved second half but he couldnt of been much worse; continually gave it away in the first half and lost out on alot of 50/50s. It's simply not true to say he never put a foot wrong. Watch a re-run if you need to I'm not making this stuff up for the sake of it. Scoring the winner doesn't create a good performance - that's the sort of thinking I'd imagine from the likes of McPake.

As I said the other day Kerrs had a lot of poor games so was due his good one. I'd say he reached an average level and here we go with the clamour again. Don't get it. He had a decent second half as opposed to Anderson and Robinson who made game changing impacts. McMullen was good throughout aswell.

A negative today would be Grayson. Apart from the last 10 where he began to take a little bit of control and showed some composure he was very poor. McGhee and Grayson isn't the answer goung forward think we all know that anyway. They choose the simple balls everytime, appears they have absolutely no belief in themselves to help take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Thank you.

Hard to disagree with any of that. 

The thing I’d add was McGhee was so much better playing in his natural position in the 2nd half and was arguably better with the ball when he was getting on the ball higher up the park with the rest off the game in front of him, if that makes sense. 

Thank you.

French was at fault for both goals. Totally out of position for goal 2 when the Thistle left back is left unmarked to stroke the ball home, French had completely switched off to the fact his man was breaking unmarked into the box. These 2 goals were very similar to the goals we lost against QP - but Cammy got hammered, nobody bar me is pointing out that the great white haired hope was at fault.
I have watched the game back, or bits of it, I see nothing wrong with his performance. Very solid defensively and it’s great he’s prepared to cover left back.
Folk saying Anderson and Robinson changed the game, which is true, but you can’t change it much more than actually scoring the winner.
There’s an agenda against Cammy and he doesn’t deserve it.
Talking about watching the game back - look at the game saving interception on 52 minutes. 50/50’s missed/lost - Cammy - you’re having a laugh.

Very harsh to blame the 1st goal on French. He showed the guy onto his weaker foot, Ashcroft should’ve been across blocking the space exactly like the Queens Park 2nd goal but more importantly it’s a shot the keeper really has to be saving. Can’t comment on the 2nd goal as I was checking the scores whilst at the game when the built up happened. 

Very harsh to blame the 1st goal on French. He showed the guy onto his weaker foot, Ashcroft should’ve been across blocking the space exactly like the Queens Park 2nd goal but more importantly it’s a shot the keeper really has to be saving. Can’t comment on the 2nd goal as I was checking the scores whilst at the game when the built up happened. 

It’s harsh maybe but he clumsily committed himself too quickly. He’s a young lad, I’m not damming him but he gets away with stuff that Cammy gets condemned for. He’s more at fault than Cammy is for the one against QP when McMullen switches off.
Probably enough of this shit for 1 week, and we’ve had a great win today, but I know for sure and certain that Cammy and Gowser are not the whole cause of our continuing mediocrity.

2 hours ago, The Derry said:

Don't know about anyone else but my Pie and Bovril forum experience has improved by a million trillion percent ever since G Man stopped posting.  

I was never GMans biggest fan but a bit shit to call him out like that. Had some wild opinions and I disagreed with him hugely at times but still a Dee at heart.

Plenty of other posters I'd have seen binned before I'd even contemplate a fellow Dee and I include the ignored one in that!

11 hours ago, johnnydun said:

We have to go with 2 up front from now on.

As much as I agree. What do we then do with McCowan and McMullan?

10 hours ago, The Derry said:

Don't know about anyone else but my Pie and Bovril forum experience has improved by a million trillion percent ever since G Man stopped posting.  

Stop being rude you must. 
Behind the manager.

New stadium. So we’re told. 
Eh dinna ken.