All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

So Bowyer gets a free hit until everyone of them is gone?

Well, naturally, he needs to be able to build his own squad.

It's madness to think that the defence that was the 3rd worst in the Championship 2 seasons ago and a team that was humiliated for pretty much the whole season last year would suddenly become a side that scooshes the Championship the next. And that's without Charlie Adam to pull the strings in midfield.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Would rather have him than the present incumbent. 100%

Then you've lost the plot, quite frankly.

I accept McPake formed a poor team but I still don’t think Bowyer is getting the most out of these players.  I don’t rate Williamson and I don’t rate Grayson but they seem to have been more or less regulars in the first team.

My biggest worry about Bowyer is this constant chopping and changing players.  Yes, there will be injuries but just work out your best starting line up and keep it the same as much as possible.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Well, naturally, he needs to be able to build his own squad.

It's madness to think that the defence that was the 3rd worst in the Championship 2 seasons ago and a team that was humiliated for pretty much the whole season last year would suddenly become a side that scooshes the Championship the next. And that's without Charlie Adam to pull the strings in midfield.

Then you've lost the plot, quite frankly.

'Build his own squad' the standard of this league is absolute crap, is it too much to ask that he coaches this lot to be defensively secure, and to shitfest single goal wins? I don't think so.

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

'Build his own squad' the standard of this league is absolute crap, is it too much to ask that he coaches this lot to be defensively secure, and to shitfest single goal wins? I don't think so.

Maybe so and I don't disagree, but the standard of the squad is fucking howfin.

Criminal that it's pretty much the same defence that conceded the 3rd most in the Championship two seasons ago.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Maybe so and I don't disagree, but the standard of the squad is fucking howfin.

Criminal that it's pretty much the same defence that conceded the 3rd most in the Championship two seasons ago.

Don't think the defence is that bad for this level, Morten have got Efe Ambrose and their sitting second.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

We will not win this league with;

Ashcroft 

Grayson 

Sheridan 

Rudden 

Williamson 

Marshall at LB

Lawlor 

McGhee in CM.

All players who get a regular game.

Totally agree, Bowyer keeps persisting though.

Worrying.

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Don't think the defence is that bad for this level, Morten have got Efe Ambrose and their sitting second.

I'd have Lewis Strapp ahead of Marshall and Liam Grimshaw ahead of Cammy Kerr.

I'd probably take that Jack Baird as well instead of Sweeney or Ashcroft.

Our CH pairing should be McGhee and French though (if French isn't replacing Cammy at RB). That's one that the manager does have wrong.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd have Lewis Strapp ahead of Marshall and Liam Grimshaw ahead of Cammy Kerr.

I'd probably take that Jack Baird as well instead of Sweeney or Ashcroft.

Our CH pairing should be McGhee and French though (if French isn't replacing Cammy at RB). That's one that the manager does have wrong.

Correct, why can't he see it?

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Charlie Adam as manager.

Fucking hell. 

With all due respect @Ludo*1, I'd sooner have Charlie Adam, ably assisted by the equally youthful thrust and knowledge of the likes of Kevin Thomson than some lower English League no-mark non achiever, lovely chap though Mr Bowyer appears to be.

As for your suggestion of Paul Hartley, holy shit young man.

Weekend regards.  

6 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

With all due respect @Ludo*1, I'd sooner have Charlie Adam, ably assisted by the equally youthful thrust and knowledge of the likes of Kevin Thomson than some lower English League no-mark non achiever, lovely chap though Mr Bowyer appears to be.

As for your suggestion of Paul Hartley, holy shit young man.

Weekend regards.  

That's a fucking awful shout. Neither should be anywhere near Dens in that type of role. 

Thomson is even worse FFS.

8 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Gary Bowyer and Paul Hartley are the answer, gracious me young man. 

Thank you, however no thanks.

Regards

peaky-blinders-alfie-solomons.gif.d9b93228c35e5b208975f79cb369fc6e.gif

Why you'd want a couple of fucking non entities instead of the most successful lower league manager going around these days or a manager that has had a decent enough pedigree in England with a promotion under his belt just defies logic tbh.

Mental, quite frankly.

Is it because Adam could kick a ball well that you think he'd be a good manager?

I laughed more at the “Jim Duffy being a DOF” shout tbh.

Charlie Adam would be an utterly dreadful appointment. The man can barely string a proper sentence together. Would be highly amusing for the rest of the league though so I highly endorse this move.

2 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Leave the new clown until the seasons end, consolidation in the lower league will be success as long as there's no threat of relegation that is.

Most of the McPake player contracts will expire come then, which is a positive obviously.

Then it's down to Tim Keyes to empty John Nelms, Gordon Strachan and the current manager.

Appoint Jim Duffy, Tony Pulis or Ian Holloway to oversee the upstairs Nelms/Strachan so called contribution to allow our new manager Charlie Adam to thrive.

Merely my realistic unpopular opinion.

See what you're saying Ross, however Gary Bowyer has been and is, let's be honest an English lower league management version of James McPake.

Leave as is, we are fucked my man. Now attained 19 points from 39, less than a 50% return ffs.

WE ARE DUNDEE FC unless we're all forgetting.

Regards    

Can’t believe any dees fan thinks consolidation in that sheiity league is a success. Bin your manager and get Tam Courts in and you’ll scoosh that league.

you’re welcome, thank you.

Why you'd want a couple of fucking non entities instead of the most successful lower league manager going around these days or a manager that has had a decent enough pedigree in England with a promotion under his belt just defies logic tbh.
Mental, quite frankly.
Is it because Adam could kick a ball well that you think he'd be a good manager?
Decent pedigree?

Seriously?

His win %s as a permanent manager are:

Blackburn - 34.7%
Blackpool - 36.5%
Bradford - 29.2%
Salford - 40.4%

And those are all matches not just league games.

At Salford he had cash to splash and they didn't even reach the playoffs.

I genuinely don't see anything inspirational in the appointment so far. Apart from being able to roll over seaside league teams in the League Cup, decent performances in the league have been too few and far between.

Fans could accept if he was losing but making progress but I'm struggling to see where - the chopping and changing of the team, the playing of players like Sweeney, Rudden and Sheridan, and Christ knows what he sees in Grayson, tells me he has either underestimated the game in Scotland or really isn't that good a manager.