All things Dundee FC

We actually made ground to the leagues top position last week.
Thank you. 
Playing 2 games to their one - the teams above all have a game in hand now.

Whilst we are still on touch we really can't afford to have many more bad days at the office.

Next game is vital, not just for the 3 pts, but to draw level with one of the teams above us. We lose and we'd be 6 pts behind them plus they'd have a game in hand - not insurmountable - but clearly not a position we'd want to be in.

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Playing 2 games to their one - the teams above all have a game in hand now.

Whilst we are still on touch we really can't afford to have many more bad days at the office.

Next game is vital, not just for the 3 pts, but to draw level with one of the teams above us. We lose and we'd be 6 pts behind them plus they'd have a game in hand - not insurmountable - but clearly not a position we'd want to be in.

I didn't need that explained to me. The facts are we're three off the top and there's matches to come before the likes of Partick play their game in hand. 

It's a long season and we've had a poor start. Personally I don't think we'll remain this poor throughout. In saying we've been poor, if we play like we did against Inverness at home we'll comfortably beat most sides at home like we did against Queens Park. If that Inverness team can be thought of as title challengers then there's no need to be too down yet.

You're absolutely right that we can't let these results (particularly at home) go on too long though. Let's see how we look on Sat, I expect improvement as Bowyers tenure moves forward and a more consistent starting eleven. We should all be experienced enough in this league to know a run will come at some point - let's hope it starts on Saturday. We're not as horrendous at this level as everyone's making out but of course we need to be better which will take time due to the amount of duds McPake left us with.

Thank you.

I didn't need that explained to me. The facts are we're three off the top and there's matches to come before the likes of Partick play their game in hand. 
It's a long season and we've had a poor start. Personally I don't think we'll remain this poor throughout. In saying we've been poor, if we play like we did against Inverness at home we'll comfortably beat most sides at home like we did against Queens Park. If that Inverness team can be thought of as title challengers then there's no need to be too down yet.
You're absolutely right that we can't let these results (particularly at home) go on too long though. Let's see how we look on Sat, I expect improvement as Bowyers tenure moves forward and a more consistent starting eleven. We should all be experienced enough in this league to know a run will come at some point - let's hope it starts on Saturday. We're not as horrendous at this level as everyone's making out but of course we need to be better which will take time due to the amount of duds McPake left us with.
Thank you.
It's that consistent starting XI for me that's the real issue right now.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

I'm with you to be honest - I just can't see us being as poor throughout the season as we have been in some games so far. Hopefully Saturday is the catalyst for a proper good run of form.

On 13/10/2022 at 14:41, Pens_Dark said:

I'm with you to be honest - I just can't see us being as poor throughout the season as we have been in some games so far. Hopefully Saturday is the catalyst for a proper good run of form.

Yep. Now’s the time to shine Gal. 

Thank you. 

Maybe it's a daft suggestion but as McGinn clearly doesn't have the legs to play out wide anymore would it be worth a try playing him in centre mid for say the last 20-30 minutes of games? He certainly has a football brain and could maybe do a Charlie type role? I'm not sure myself but just throwing it out there

Edited by ScottyDee1893

10 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Maybe it's a daft suggestion but as McGinn clearly doesn't have the legs to play out wide anymore would it be worth a try playing him in centre mid for say the last 20-30 minutes of games? He certainly has a football brain and could maybe do a Charlie type role? I'm not sure myself but just throwing it out there

Think that's about the only position he could play in @Dundee-FC92 mentioned this earlier, could be worth a punt.

Collecting a wage regardless if he is played or not. GB should use the resources he has.

In a results based business you can't make it personal. The only reason I can think they've frozen him out is attrition in the hope that he leaves seeking game time.

Maybe GB had a deal hanging on him with the funds he'd free up leaving and is simply salty about it.

14 hours ago, Crawford said:

In a results based business you can't make it personal.

You both absolutely can and should IMO.

If McGinn's not bothering his arse in training and doesn't show a desire to be selected and have a positive impact, then what good can come from chucking him in the team? Also doesn't set a great example to the (for us, now) many young players we have in the first team - that you can coast along but still get picked if you have technical ability or were good in the past.

Of course, this is all speculation really, I've not seen anything personally that suggests too much of the above. Probably your last sentence is closer to the truth, and he's just annoyed that he's still stuck with him and not the one or two signings he'd rather have had.

Huge difference when Mulligan and Robinson came on , and mulligan played through the middle where he should be and was a constant thorn to Ayr , George Cran said on tweeter Mulligan missed two really good chances , well to me yes one miskick but the other that went in the side net was a chance but not a good one , and at least Robinson and mulligan were getting into positions to get chances , Rudden to me should only be playing if we have a barrow load of injuries, his second touch is always a tackle he couldn’t trap a bag of cement 

Huge difference when Mulligan and Robinson came on , and mulligan played through the middle where he should be and was a constant thorn to Ayr , George Cran said on tweeter Mulligan missed two really good chances , well to me yes one miskick but the other that went in the side net was a chance but not a good one , and at least Robinson and mulligan were getting into positions to get chances , Rudden to me should only be playing if we have a barrow load of injuries, his second touch is always a tackle he couldn’t trap a bag of cement 

Couldn’t agree more with that. I cut Sheridan a little bit of slack because he’s getting on and has just come back from a very serious injury. He still needs to be sent to wherever McGinn is.

Rudden - how that arsehole Jazzer could make us pay actual money for him. He’s a total
donkey.

Great win today and much needed. The most positive thing for me is we were the better side and fully deserved the win. The same as against Inverness at home but you don't always get what you deserve. The real problem is when performances like Cove come around.

Today I'm pretty sure most had raised eyebrows at the line up but Grayson was excellent today and McGhee showed alot of heart in the middle. Well done to both of them. Wouldn't of made many peoples starting eleven.

The defence was better with Kerr the standout but I'm afraid it was Sweeneys fault for the goal again. There was no need for the nerves in the last ten.

McMullen had one of them games which were more frequent when he first arrived. At that level of performance he's a Premiership player (not even including the goal in that). Well deserved MOTM.

Well done to Bowyer on the subs aswell, Robinson was great second half and Mulligan through the middle looked like what we were seeing pre season. Don't play him out wide again! Time for Sheridan and Rudden to drop out.

Morton at home next in the league, play like that and we'll win. Let's hope this is the real start to our season. For how we've started being three points, albeit one game ahead, is massive.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

The terrible passing, the terrible long range attempt, the lack of challenge for the ball, the lack of jumping for headers, just really really poor.

A truly shocking display, got to be the end of him. Rudden not much better either.