All things Dundee FC

7 hours ago, Vernon gilmore said:

My daughter is a postie and works till at least 1pm every Saturday, she just bought her first season ticket for 18 years this season  ,if they change the times?  then loads of season ticket holders won’t manage to home games , and at the very least full refunds should be offered 

Aren’t the postie’s away to start working to 4pm on a Saturday 5 out of every 6 weekends?

3 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

If you were one of our strikers and saw Bowyer signing this new guy you would know Bowyer really doesn’t rate you:

A8D5F9F5-1125-4752-BD51-77869D243ED8.jpeg

Am I reading that correctly? He's scored one first team goal in his eight year career.  

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

We used to only sign guys not good enough for Hibs. Now it’s AFC Wimbledon. He’s got to be given a chance but you have to question Bowyer’s contacts in the game.

Why? 

46 minutes ago, Walter said:

Am I reading that correctly? He's scored one first team goal in his eight year career.  

That’s the reason I cut and paste it from Wikipedia.  I thought I must surely be reading it wrong.

Anyway, does anyone know why Derick was a free agent and hadn’t already been snapped up by another club before now?

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’m not as loyal as you Ludo but ffs the alarm bells are ringing and the lights are all flashing.

You are however taking the piss if you insist that Bowyer is the reason for the majority of those metaphorical alarm bells.

You are however taking the piss if you insist that Bowyer is the reason for the majority of those metaphorical alarm bells.

We don’t really know though? It suits the current agenda. Bowyer = good guy, Nelms = w**k.
TBQHWY I’m sick of 4 decades of mostly utter shite.
However I do think there are at least 8 clubs with lower budgets than us in our league and we’re currently 5th out of 10.

That’s the reason I cut and paste it from Wikipedia.  I thought I must surely be reading it wrong.
Anyway, does anyone know why Derick was a free agent and hadn’t already been snapped up by another club before now?

That’s a tricky one.

8 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

We don’t really know though? It suits the current agenda. Bowyer = good guy, Nelms = w**k.
TBQHWY I’m sick of 4 decades of mostly utter shite.
However I do think there are at least 8 clubs with lower budgets than us in our league and we’re currently 5th out of 10.

Aye, but it's not Bowyer's fault that McPake tied a lot of that budget up in players who either can't hack it at the top of the Championship, never mind the Premiership, and players who can't even stay on the pitch for more than a couple of minutes without disappearing for months with a mystery injury.

Personally I'm a bit encouraged that Bowyer already has Byrne sussed, and evidently sees no point in letting players like McGinn sit topping up their pensions and offering nothing to the side, but it's not his fault they can't be moved on and that money used elsewhere. Also not Bowyer's fault that being a yoyo club with a recent history of financial instability evidently leads to potential signings looking at Dundee and going 'nope'.

30 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Because all the players we are signing are coming from, or have been released from, total no mark clubs.

I’m not as loyal as you Ludo but ffs the alarm bells are ringing and the lights are all flashing.

Who would you be expecting us to be linked with when the transfer window is closed?

Of course a lower league English manager's contacts are gonna be lower league English players. 

C'mon man fs.