All things Dundee FC

So it's more to do with working than distance? What about those that play Junior/Amateur football on a Saturday or start work at say 5pm?
I don't want to sound like I'm whining (although I am)
I purchased a season ticket because I can make most games Saturday/midweek.
If Saturday games were changed to a time where I could not attend, then miffed I would be.
Yes, people like you list above would be able to attend, who currently cannot.
Will that replace the number who will not?
Football has been changing away from 3pm Saturday kickoffs for years now(due to tv).
I don't expect a change like this to occur midway through the season, after I have paid in advance for games that I now won't be able to attend.

I don't want to sound like I'm whining (although I am)
I purchased a season ticket because I can make most games Saturday/midweek.
If Saturday games were changed to a time where I could not attend, then miffed I would be.
Yes, people like you list above would be able to attend, who currently cannot.
Will that replace the number who will not?
Football has been changing away from 3pm Saturday kickoffs for years now(due to tv).
I don't expect a change like this to occur midway through the season, after I have paid in advance for games that I now won't be able to attend.

They might have to offer folk a pro rata refund. If so, the way things are going, I don’t think I can make any of the remaining matches!

9 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

They might have to offer folk a pro rata refund. If so, the way things are going, I don’t think I can make any of the remaining matches!

Would they? If a game was moved for TV or postponed due to weather and punted to a midweek game they wouldn't be forced to do that. Not trying to be wide, but just can't see how they'd need to do that.

Would they? If a game was moved for TV or postponed due to weather and punted to a midweek game they wouldn't be forced to do that. Not trying to be wide, but just can't see how they'd need to do that.

I was kinda joking Ludo!!

They probably wouldn't, but after the ticket fiasco that made me think twice about renewing my season ticket, any goodwill I have remaining towards the current owners for me, and I would imagine a few others would be gone.
I accepted when we were in the premiership that games would be moved for tv, and that was a choice to balance.
Tv games this season were exclusively Friday evenings, again selfishly for me, not a problem.

Just now, jakedee said:

They probably wouldn't, but after the ticket fiasco that made me think twice about renewing my season ticket, any goodwill I have remaining towards the current owners would for me, and I would imagine a few others would be gone.
I accepted when we were in the premiership that games would be moved for tv, and that was a choice to balance.
Tv games this season were exclusively Friday evenings, again selfishly for me, not a problem.

I think it's just a case of the club needing to think of the money first and foremost here. They state it'd be on a game by game basis - perhaps it could be arranged that ST holders could get the stream for free if they can't make it.

12 hours ago, Fifespud said:

😂 It is certainly beginning to feel like things aren’t going to improve anytime soon this season.

Joking aside why are clubs / leagues only looking at this now? Do the people in charge never pick up a financial paper?  Prices for electricity have been projected to be high this winter for some considerable time.  

Never mind floodlights, I can only imagine how much it must cost to put on the under soil heating to make sure a game goes ahead.

At a guess I would suggest electricity prices will remain high, for a long time.  Summer football anyone?

[emoji23] It is certainly beginning to feel like things aren’t going to improve anytime soon this season.
Joking aside why are clubs / leagues only looking at this now? Do the people in charge never pick up a financial paper?  Prices for electricity have been projected to be high this winter for some considerable time.  
Never mind floodlights, I can only imagine how much it must cost to put on the under soil heating to make sure a game goes ahead.
At a guess I would suggest electricity prices will remain high, for a long time.  Summer football anyone?

Unfortunately I’d imagine under soil heating will be an unavoidable cost. If anything, shifting the kickoff to lunchtime might make it harder to get the pitch cleared after a hard frost.

My daughter is a postie and works till at least 1pm every Saturday, she just bought her first season ticket for 18 years this season  ,if they change the times?  then loads of season ticket holders won’t manage to home games , and at the very least full refunds should be offered 

I wonder how much the clubs running costs will have gone up. It'll no doubt be ridiculous, probably ridiculous before hand.

I'd be happy enough for it to be changed to 12.45 as I work weekdays. It'll be a total pain for punters that work Saturday morning or after the game and just have enough time to get to the match.

There isn't an easy solution here so maybe it's best to go on as intended with the hope that all the other clubs fold before the end of the season because that's the only fucking way we're going up at this rate.

Edited by Pens_Dark

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

😂 It is certainly beginning to feel like things aren’t going to improve anytime soon this season.

I think it was Germany where there’s talk that under soil heating won’t be allowed this winter for teams.

I don’t think undersoil heating is a requirement in the championship is it? There’s probably a fair chance we see quite a few postponed games this year. 

3 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I’ve been saying for years we should move to summer football but the Willie Miller types apparently love sitting in the cold and misery.

I don't think their costs have gone up enough to warrant panic and drastic measures but definitely to have a discussion about the pros and cons. 

This year should at least remain status quo and then, if changes are made to league times, let everyone know before the start of the new season.

I personally would prefer earlier kick offs. I think it would make going to matches more appealing to families and reduce the likelihood of having some drunk arsehole wipe out on top of your kids.