All things Dundee FC

I'm just gonna say it, I think Sharp looks a bit well, shite. Not the done thing to say about our young players but I think his distribution is honking, he's consistently glued to his line, he has zero communication skills and is just an average shot stopper. These are absolutely all things he can develop in the future, absolutely, but being better than Lawlor isn't a compliment, it's a given and there's been nothing to suggest he's better than say a Ferrie or Gourlay who are both plying their trade in this league too.

Also….

Bowyer seems like a very decent guy, much more likeable than all our recent managers. He conducts himself well with the media too. However I have seen no evidence he’s any better a manager than any of the last 4.
We let Charlie Adam go, sure, good imo, but we’ve had Anderson, Mulligan and Cameron come through since the last time we were in this division. There’s better performances in this squad, we’ve seen them ffs, just inconsistent as f**k.
I also don’t agree with playing a right back at left back, a centre half at left back and a right back at centre half. I realise they can all ‘cover’ these alternate positions but it’s a lot of tinkering. McGhee and Ashcroft in the middle, French at right back please.

I'm just gonna say it, I think Sharp looks a bit well, shite. Not the done thing to say about our young players but I think his distribution is honking, he's consistently glued to his line, he has zero communication skills and is just an average shot stopper. These are absolutely all things he can develop in the future, absolutely, but being better than Lawlor isn't a compliment, it's a given and there's been nothing to suggest he's better than say a Ferrie or Gourlay who are both plying their trade in this league too.

His distribution is shocking but I don’t agree he’s a shite keeper. Distribution, communication and positional nouse can be taught, much harder to teach a goalie to catch the ball.

17 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

His distribution is shocking but I don’t agree he’s a shite keeper. Distribution, communication and positional nouse can be taught, much harder to teach a goalie to catch the ball.

I don't think he does that superbly either tbh!

21 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I also don’t agree with playing a right back at left back, a centre half at left back and a right back at centre half

Not sure French is really a right back, he certainly doesn't look it to me with his positional sense. Otherwise agree. We have Marshall, who is capable rather than great at this level, but he is our only left back so play him there. Kerr has been good, and is better, at RB so play him there. I would say Sweeney was not as good as many thought last season and not as bad as many think this year. He is a more naturally left sided central defender that is usually dominant in the air (a big problem for us last night). I'd go for Ashcroft over French (and before I get the howls of anger at this viewpoint he is the only defender to play in all the games we've let 3 goals in this season) at right CB just because of the experience he brings, though I'd like to see French developed there over the season. 

Get Gowser in the holding midfield role, again, good experience, can direct play positively and provides proper cover for the defence. Cameron and Mulligan/Anderson central in front. Wingers and striker are a given. Our best players in positions they can play naturally. Do this and we'll be alright. Shambles of many players shovelled into positions they're not suited for and we'll get more results like last night.   

Not sure French is really a right back, he certainly doesn't look it to me with his positional sense. Otherwise agree. We have Marshall, who is capable rather than great at this level, but he is our only left back so play him there. Kerr has been good, and is better, at RB so play him there. I would say Sweeney was not as good as many thought last season and not as bad as many think this year. He is a more naturally left sided central defender that is usually dominant in the air (a big problem for us last night). I'd go for Ashcroft over French (and before I get the howls of anger at this viewpoint he is the only defender to play in all the games we've let 3 goals in this season) at right CB just because of the experience he brings, though I'd like to see French developed there over the season. 
Get Gowser in the holding midfield role, again, good experience, can direct play positively and provides proper cover for the defence. Cameron and Mulligan/Anderson central in front. Wingers and striker are a given. Our best players in positions they can play naturally. Do this and we'll be alright. Shambles of many players shovelled into positions they're not suited for and we'll get more results like last night.   

I agree with most that, even the Sweeney shout, although his confidence might be shot.
I’m happy enough with Kerr at LB and French at right back, mostly because I hate Marshall.

Until players like Cillian Sheridan are emptied from the structure the club is going nowhere any time soon. 

Don’t get the hate for the big fella. There was the man bun incident, which was atrocious. I’m going to say it, get him as fit as possible and he’s the best striker on our books. Robinson is miles off the finished article - last night being a case in point.

7 minutes ago, jakedee said:

I know we're in a minority, but as with ticket sales etc it appears the club really don't care about out of town fans.

https://www.facebook.com/100038067895893/posts/pfbid0UqG6tw8YcRhNhNciYW8u4x3azARRow9rY9fHX9EUMBB2AXcbYNZxAYKZugiYMZWgl/

By asking fans opinions they're not caring about out of town fans?

Thank you. 

10 minutes ago, jakedee said:

I know we're in a minority, but as with ticket sales etc it appears the club really don't care about out of town fans.

https://www.facebook.com/100038067895893/posts/pfbid0UqG6tw8YcRhNhNciYW8u4x3azARRow9rY9fHX9EUMBB2AXcbYNZxAYKZugiYMZWgl/

It’s something that’s being considered by a lot of clubs in Scotland and England, to be fair.

You also have the chance to raise your concerns. Time was the club would have just done this and cared not a jot for the fans’ views. 

Edited by The Master

It’s a pretty hot take to say the club don’t care about out of town fans when they’re asking the opinion of all fans. Given the amount of cash clubs will have to pay out for floodlights during the winter it’s well worth exploring this option.

2 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

Nearly £3k a week according to the Courier in January, and looks like a Strachan signing. 

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF by Justin

What the absolute f**k? £3k for a guy who was never more than a speculative punt? 

Somebody is at it. He should have been paying the club 3k a week for taking the chance on him.

1 hour ago, jakedee said:

I can't see how out of town fans couldn't make a 12.45pm ko but could make a 3pm? Where are they coming from? South of Birmingham?

I can't see how out of town fans couldn't make a 12.45pm ko but could make a 3pm? Where are they coming from? South of Birmingham?
Finishing work at 1, then a 60 min drive to Dens, don't need to be too far.

Just now, jakedee said:
2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Finishing work at 1, then a 60 min drive drive to Dens, don't need to be too far.

So it's more to do with working than distance? What about those that play Junior/Amateur football on a Saturday or start work at say 5pm?