All things Dundee FC

Played every other side once now so you get an idea of how the teams stack up.

4 wins, 1 draw, 4 losses.

Outside the play off spots.

That is shite.

Bowyer needs to work out who his best 11 is and sort a set up that gets the most out of them. Quickly.

I am concerned that we continue with Williamson.  He’s clearly a technically very gifted player but he does not contribute enough and we don’t have time to let him learn the game at the expense of the team.  

I’m sticking with Bowyer for now.  Regardless we are stuck with him.  If Nelms is not willing or able to financially back Bowyers he is definitely not going to find the money to bin him and any back room staff.

Two cracking finishes by Scully but an absolutely pathetic performance from us.

To be expected really, Bowyer spotted what we all spotted and said this team needed 3-4 starters signed. He said this repeatedly in public and how many did our recruitment team/Nelms bring in? Fucking none. Said it then but worth repeating now, Bowyer looked absolutely drained of energy in the pre match interview the next day. Think he knew then he'd be on a hiding to nothing.

2 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Still, Rudden - sum boi eh?

There's plenty to have a dig about tonight. But our back up striker that we bammed you up the other day about?

f**k sake. 

Why are people going for Williamson?

Anderson was beyond awful again today. Really, really weak.

The likes of Kerr, McGowan and McGhee absolutely rancid again. Where have we seen this before?

Really bad one tonight but it's a reminder we need so much change with this squad. 

Thank you. 

Two cracking finishes by Scully but an absolutely pathetic performance from us.
To be expected really, Bowyer spotted what we all spotted and said this team needed 3-4 starters signed. He said this repeatedly in public and how many did our recruitment team/Nelms bring in? Fucking none. Said it then but worth repeating now, Bowyer looked absolutely drained of energy in the pre match interview the next day. Think he knew then he'd be on a hiding to nothing.

We should still have enough to see off Cove Rangers. They have mostly their league 1 squad, lost a record goal scorer and a talented manager.
Sooner or later, and for me it now, Bowyer has to own this.

Yet another John Nelms' appointment masterclass, ably assisted by the resident garden gnome.

Recall a feller I worked beside years ago referring to our American colleagues as sceptic tanks and thinking because he was a Londoner this was cockney slang for yanks. 

Nope, it was because they were completely full of shit he stated, lol. New stadium, really, holy f**k!!!!

Many on here were concerned on his appointment GB had only presided over mediocrity previously and were unfairly imho lambasted for highlighting the fact. Me personally, I'd hoped for the best whilst expecting the worst, however I've not been overly surprised by the resulting lack of progress. Grayson and Williamson, FFS!

Let's be honest, a collective of minds on our P&B could achieve more than Mr Bowyer. Quite a few on here also correctly and rightly say he's not been backed financially, however would you trust him considering his background, I certainly wouldn't.

Ongoing footballing shambles with no apparent respite on the horizon.

As normal, merely my Dark Blue opinion.

Edited by This Charming Man

On 27/09/2022 at 21:31, baba douche said:

What's that - 4 goals in about 25 matches for you?

We sure ain't missing him.

On 28/09/2022 at 10:14, baba douche said:

Glad all the Dundee fans know how much you paid. We're stuck with a confidentiality clause, so don't know.

How much did you pay - rumour is £15k.

On 28/09/2022 at 11:23, baba douche said:

I asked what you paid, not what he's worth

On 28/09/2022 at 18:49, baba douche said:

If its administration you want to talk about, talk to Dundee 👍

On 28/09/2022 at 20:59, baba douche said:

He was barely with us! Good luck to him, he's getting paid a lot more than we would give him.

We move on, so should you

On 29/09/2022 at 18:25, baba douche said:

Who mentioned our relegation?

Only one of us living rent free, thank you 😊 

On 29/09/2022 at 19:19, baba douche said:

I'll finish now, your feebleness is boring now. 

Thank you and goodbye 👋 

Ice Cream No GIF

On 29/09/2022 at 19:29, Mr. Alli said:

You'll be back. Without a doubt.. you will be back.

Celebrating Premier League GIF by Liverpool FC

29 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Still, Rudden - sum boi eh?

:lol:

Rocket.

The likes of Kerr, McGowan and McGhee absolutely rancid again. Where have we seen this before?
Really bad one tonight but it's a reminder we need so much change with this squad. 
Thank you. 

As a general rule, and I haven’t singled Williamson out at all, I don’t believe in taking youngsters from the OF. It’s never worked.
As for our team, we surely are better than getting pumped by Cove?

33 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

We should still have enough to see off Cove Rangers. They have mostly their league 1 squad, lost a record goal scorer and a talented manager.
Sooner or later, and for me it now, Bowyer has to own this.

We should on paper, but this is a squad that over the past 3 seasons has consistently produced shocking results like this.

Think it's irrational behaviour to be putting this on Bowyer. He may be a terrible manager or a decent one, but this is still the squad and back line that had the 3rd poorest goals conceded record the last time we were in the Championship. In fact, 3 of the 4 starters that season started tonight.

Bowyer practically begged the board to support him. Even made statement subs like putting Ashcroft up front. Repeatedly said we needed 3 or 4 in as starters before the window closed. Even stated we had 3 lined up ready to come in on deadline day. How many did Nelms/our recruitment team manage to get over the line? Zero. Leaving Bowyer with the same squad that got humiliated multiple times by scary scorelines and in addition to this, without a game winner in Charlie Adam.

Bowyer is going to fail this season IMO. But we've given him chopsticks instead of paddles to get us out of this wave of misery.

57 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you. 

To me a loan player should be someone that improves your team.   I’m not a fan of bringing in a player to give them experience unless they are making a significant contribution to the team.

Unlike Robinson, Williamson does not improve the team IMHO.