All things Dundee FC

There was also a story about a young fan tweeting him whilst he was at Raith (IIRC) asking him to come play football with them and he duly turned up with his boots that evening. Genuinely one of life's good c***s IMO.

Also didn't realise quite how much he'd gotten about since leaving us!

image.png.001c8c90e60858f2bd9b984d99b3840f.png

Edited by RawB93

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Falkirk away in the Challenge Cup. Boring, already battered them.

Only way that cup would have been remotely interesting was if we drew Linfield away for a wee trip to Belfast. If Falkirk could knock us out so we can focus on the important stuff that would be great.

Big night for Anderson. I've been a massive fan since he's broken through but since pre season i have to say he's looked at an awful standard. Lets hope he can pick it back up tonight. 

A midfield two of him and Williamson is slightly lightweight to say the leest but against a part time team having the likes of Mulligan to come on could be a massive bonus. It could be the subs that win us this game late on with the likes of Rudden, McCowan and Mulligan to change it but lets hope we can put it to bed before then. 

Three points required tonight and nothing less. 

Thank you. 

17 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Big night for Anderson. I've been a massive fan since he's broken through but since pre season i have to say he's looked at an awful standard. Lets hope he can pick it back up tonight. 

A midfield two of him and Williamson is slightly lightweight to say the leest but against a part time team having the likes of Mulligan to come on could be a massive bonus. It could be the subs that win us this game late on with the likes of Rudden, McCowan and Mulligan to change it but lets hope we can put it to bed before then. 

Three points required tonight and nothing less. 

Thank you. 

Agreed regarding Anderson. He’s ok going forward as seen on his goal against the New Saints, but he disappoints by disappearing for large parts of the game. I’m not convinced by Williamson either who flatters with good close control, but is also too often absent in the middle. I’d like to see Byrne moving back in favour as I’m even less convinced about Grayson. 

3 hours ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Scotrail have confirmed no trains on Saturday north of Fife. Don't really fancy sitting on the no 73 for over an hour so guess I might have to sacrifice pre match pints to take the car. 5 (possibly 6) of us going so probably no chance of getting on supporter's bus now.

Get one of the fairly regular X7 or number 39 services I use for my work. 25 minutes, half an hour tops.

4 hours ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Scotrail have confirmed no trains on Saturday north of Fife. Don't really fancy sitting on the no 73 for over an hour so guess I might have to sacrifice pre match pints to take the car. 5 (possibly 6) of us going so probably no chance of getting on supporter's bus 

There's a bus leaving Gunners at 2pm with plenty seats left.

Just now, Day of the Lords said:

Tbf Nelms has clearly failed to back him to nearly the extent he backed the previous four clown car managers. 

That's a really pertinent point in all honesty. Spent a fortune backing the total numpties he hired, then when he appoints a guy who might be bang average but not a total calamity - 'eh sorry, nae cash, you need to punt McPake's absolute haddies nobody will want to free up funds'. <_<

22 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Tbf Nelms has clearly failed to back him to nearly the extent he backed the previous four clown car managers. 

Yeah, the bearded wonder better get the cheque book out big style in January, can Bowyer be trusted with it though? Would like to know who told him sevco boy was a good signing.

We have conceded three goals in 4 league games so far this season.  That is genuinely unacceptable for the entire season yet we have only played 9 league games.

As it stand we have the equal worse defence in the league.  Serious issues needing to be addressed.  

Why do we perist in loaning these Old Firm haddies?

No doubt McPake and Nelms need to shoulder a lot of the blame for this shambles - but Bowyer just isn't inspiring me with some of his formations and tactics.
We lose the next match (away to Arbroath) and I think he could be gone - losing 4 out the first 9 games is not acceptable - 5 in 10 would be ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

We have conceded three goals in 4 league games so far this season.  That is genuinely unacceptable for the entire season yet we have only played 9 league games.

As it stand we have the equal worse defence in the league.  Serious issues needing to be addressed.  

This.

Like it or not it's down to the manager. Backed him, but after watching that half arsed display (not the first one either), no more happy clapping from me.

Thank you.