All things Dundee FC

On 29/09/2022 at 20:29, Mr. Alli said:

You'll be back. Without a doubt.. you will be back.

I'm not sure what he brings to the role. He's spent nearly 35 years as a copper after playing professionally for about a month. 

I'm not really sure where or what skillset he will have that's transferable into the role.

I'd love to be proven wrong but as I say - worried.

On 29/09/2022 at 20:33, This Charming Man said:

Likewise Dele, this ex Dundee reserve player has served longer having a successful career with Tayside Police/Police Scotland than the likes of for example Gary Harkin's has spent in professional football.

Another astonishing John Nelms' appointment. At least Gordon Strachan hasn't been given permission for Mark McGhee's return, albeit whilst obviously allowing Mutt's to reside down south.

We don't appear to have a financial pot to piss in player wise, however looking forward to the new stadium two seasons from now.

peaky-blinders-alfie-solomons.gif.8443c41a1d1f0c1dbbeba12f68273b60.gif

Regards as always.

Gary’s been involved in the club’s youth set up for a number of years. As for the playing side of things he would’ve played senior football all his days if he didn’t choose to go into policing. He pretty much got chased out of Airdrie because he said in the match program the person he’d most like to meet was the Pope!

If you talk to Gary he clearly knows his stuff about football and he’s very likeable guy that I doubt very few  will have a bad word to say about him. Gary will easily get people on side with his personality and is the type you want representing our club.  

Would imagine his role is very small tbh, doubt he’ll have anything to do with agents and with being recently retired from the police doubt he will be on much money. Not much to fear in this appointment imho guys. 

Watching a game of football and figuring out who’s good and who’s not isn’t exactly difficult. 

On 30/09/2022 at 21:53, This Charming Man said:

15691588098_2aa44de606_o.thumb.jpg.dcf46b5143f7f8e942a0e74540052cf2.jpg

That’s a great drawing.  Did they knock down a good portion of the Provie Road end when they put the roof on and put the benches in - don’t remember it being that high? Or where it sweeps round to join the Derry, can’t remember there being much terracing there at all? 

9 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Can anyone tell me this? After we moved in to the Dundee College place do we still use the Caird Park facility?

The youth sides certainly do, have regularly walked past and seen Scott Robertson training the younger lads. The youth league games are also played at the RPC.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Can anyone tell me this? After we moved in to the Dundee College place do we still use the Caird Park facility?

Fairly sure all the youths still train and play there. I think it was office staff and first team squad to Gardyne.

4 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

That’s a great drawing.  Did they knock down a good portion of the Provie Road end when they put the roof on and put the benches in - don’t remember it being that high? Or where it sweeps round to join the Derry, can’t remember there being much terracing there at all? 

The Provie used to go pretty far back to be fair even with the roof on so I don’t think they took too much off compared to the drawing.

Your right about there being less terracing as it sweeps towards the Derry though.  I think the stairs in the drawing are also more north westerly than they actually are.  The are actually more northerly in orientation.

Anyway, well done yesterday on your result - just being neighbourly you understand…..

French outstanding again yesterday; anyone that can't see his worth needs to open their eyes. His pace gets us out of so many issues aswell. 

Robinsons hold up play was unreal at times aswell. Only issue from yesterday is that we didn't kill the game sooner. Plenty chances created and we start theis important week off with three points. As i said last week if we get the results in this week we'll be sitting pretty - our poorish start is absolutely no concern to me. 

Onto Cove, a new stadium to tick off the list and doing so whilst able to verbally abuse Jim McIntyre. All the same time that high spending Yinited are absolutely garbage.

We move forward. 

Thank you. 

7 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Artistic licence I assume in the drawing from the office of Archibald Keir Leitch (1865-1939). In addition to designing commercial / industrial projects in the UK and abroad he was commissioned in the design and construction of over 20 famous football stadia, from Dens Park to Highbury and Anfield to name but a few. Wiki has a comprehensive and very impressive list.

Pleasing, yet completely expected result at Tannadice yesterday @PauloPerth. The rotten and fermenting fruit is still present in Mulgrew and Watt, fucking priceless as it is amusing, lol.

Regards

3 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

The Provie used to go pretty far back to be fair even with the roof on so I don’t think they took too much off compared to the drawing.

Your right about there being less terracing as it sweeps towards the Derry though.  I think the stairs in the drawing are also more north westerly than they actually are.  The are actually more northerly in orientation.

Anyway, well done yesterday on your result - just being neighbourly you understand…..

9 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Artistic licence I assume in the drawing from the office of Archibald Keir Leitch (1865-1939). In addition to designing commercial / industrial projects in the UK and abroad he was commissioned in the design and construction of over 20 famous football stadia, from Dens Park to Highbury and Anfield to name but a few. Wiki has a comprehensive and very impressive list.

Pleasing, yet completely expected result at Tannadice yesterday @PauloPerth. The rotten and fermenting fruit is still present in Mulgrew and Watt, fucking priceless as it is amusing, lol.

Regards

Cheers both. I had a look at an old match on you tube and it did go further back than I remembered. In the last few years it became the away end as I remember after it previously being the TC Keay (?) End, was much better having the roof!

Aye I’ve felt utd are bound to turn the corner with the quality of players on their books, but there’s a fair few fillers in amongst the stars as well, and the balance is all wrong, more a group of individuals than a team kind of thing.  And as we both know from last season, once the rot sets in it’s really hard to get out of..

32 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Aye I’ve felt utd are bound to turn the corner with the quality of players on their books, but there’s a fair few fillers in amongst the stars as well, and the balance is all wrong, more a group of individuals than a team kind of thing.  And as we both know from last season, once the rot sets in it’s really hard to get out of..

They're fucked, without a serious clear out of egos in that dressing. Emptying Ross (whilst funny after the crowing about landing him) pretty much on the basis of Watt and a couple others has-beens on probably sizeable wages deciding they didn't want him is dire judgement. 

They should be able to comfortably finish mid table with that squad, in theory, but another hilarious 2016 style season could be on the cards. Someone other than us will have to pull the trigger this time though 🙁