All things Dundee FC

On 29/09/2022 at 13:51, RossBFaeDundee said:

Pretty certain that guy's a troll, he's the one who single-handedly got reporters claiming we were bringing in Gavin Strachan as manager.

I would like to see us do something, but I'd be rather surprised. Only incomings I can imagine would be Osei if the club is suitably impressed, and even then that wouldn't be rushed by tomorrow's loan deadline.

Looks like you were spot on Ross.. no movement at all.

No need for more signings to win this league, at the moment, IMO. 

Assess things in January, and the correct additions can be made then.

Bowyer likely identified some good signings, if they don't want to come, what can you do?

35 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Youth player Luke Graham, who had the attention of the Old Firm, Sheffield Utd and Arsenal in the summer, has just joined Albion Rovers on loan. Hope he smashes it and comes back better.

A blend of youth and experience, that's the way to go for us, looking good just now, a good 3 or 4 coming through/progressing.

Impressed on the surface regarding this week's announcement and presentation regarding the 'proposed' bold new stadium plans. All still white noise at this time unfortunately, only time will tell. 

Dens Park Stadium, a historic and extremely hard act to follow, imho.

Cue Dark Blue heartbeat image, lol.

15691588098_2aa44de606_o.thumb.jpg.dcf46b5143f7f8e942a0e74540052cf2.jpg

Bowyer finally changes the CB & GK trio and it produces back-to-back clean sheets.

Iffy level of opposition, granted, but I'm crossing my fingers that he's seen the same things most of us have and realises Sweeney is a liability and Legs a bit more assured than Sharp is right now. I'm not going to kid on that I don't think we'll still leak goals against better teams, but even if we cut out half the howlers we'll still be far better able to claw our way up the table. 

I think Mulligan needs a wee break. It's inevitable you'll get dips in form with young players, and I think he needs to sit on the bench for a wee bit to get his spark back. Playing him out on the right hasn't helped, but I think playing him for 90 mins in every single fixture isn't the way to go about bringing him back to where he should be.

3 points for the Dee.  United beaten at home by St Johnstone.  I’m going to see Morrisey in concert tomorrow night.  Not a bad weekend at all.
8D86D584-017D-4042-B2F9-5AF3F51B2597.jpeg.91de17527a06a10f1634d11ec97fb2d3.jpeg

Yip, other than a missile strike on Tannadump it’s doesn’t get much better.

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You just know that Sweeney will be back in as soon as his suspension is over.

Yeah, in an ideal world Sweeney is on the bench with Marshall to cover for injuries, think Bowyers sussed it now though.

Date with copper was fine; went to Porters and was a bit disappointed with the food but she seemed keen. She didn’t know who the new boy was that we’ve appointed so he can f**k off as far as I’m concerned.

Date with copper was fine; went to Porters and was a bit disappointed with the food but she seemed keen. She didn’t know who the new boy was that we’ve appointed so he can f**k off as far as I’m concerned.

Did she get the truncheon out?