All things Dundee FC

Despite the utter shamelessness of basically admitting to scouring Wikipedia about us all game, I have to say I think the commentary has been absolutely brilliant for once.

Not scared to put the absolute boot in when required and nicely balanced.

Decent enough from Dundee, a good professional  second half. I liked the look of Lyall Cameron, looks a great prospect. 3-0 just about right with Anderson's third being the goal of the night.

TNS confirmed as full time flat track bullies in a largely pish part time league. The league has dropped off a little since Andy Morrison left Connah's Quay Nomads & their challenge to TNS fell away.

Caernarfon should give Clyde more of a game tomorrow.

Decent enough from Dundee, a good professional  second half. I liked the look of Lyall Cameron, looks a great prospect. 3-0 just about right with Anderson's third being the goal of the night.
TNS confirmed as full time flat track bullies in a largely pish part time league. The league has dropped off a little since Andy Morrison left Connah's Quay Nomads & their challenge to TNS fell away.
Caernarfon should give Clyde more of a game tomorrow.
Anderson had a much better second half.

Slapped the subtitles on for the post match commentary. They were tearing into their league set up saying what a quality side we were and that TNS have only conceded 1 goal this season but we decisively put 3 past them and it highlights just how technically superior Scottish football is.

Felt very much like the way part time Scottish football fans talk about us in comparison to the English leagues so was nice to be on the more positive end of it.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Slapped the subtitles on for the post match commentary. They were tearing into their league set up saying what a quality side we were and that TNS have only conceded 1 goal this season but we decisively put 3 past them and it highlights just how technically superior Scottish football is.

Felt very much like the way part time Scottish football fans talk about us in comparison to the English leagues so was nice to be on the more positive end of it.

Yeah, there was a daft couple of minutes where they were talking in wonderment that some team could come to their gaff, look perfectly comfortable, and stick a couple of goals past them. I was thinking 'you are no Bayern Munich mate'.

5 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Yeah, there was a daft couple of minutes where they were talking in wonderment that some team could come to their gaff, look perfectly comfortable, and stick a couple of goals past them. I was thinking 'you are no Bayern Munich mate'.

Yeah. Must be intimidating playing in front of zero home fans in the middle of nowhere. 

I honestly think it hadn't really occurred to them that TNS's dominance is more to do with the utterly hopeless level of day-to-day competition they face rather than them actually being a decent outfit. They have been on the receiving end of some total scuddings in UEFA competition so you'd think they'd be well aware, but on the other hand they've also secured some pretty impressive results, but then I think there's also a factor in play that it simply isn't easy for anyone in UEFA competition to go away from home to anywhere and routinely dish out pumpings. 

Probably much easier for their lads to lift themselves against 'glamour' opposition from Lithuania or something than it is Dundee FC. Unfortunate, but it's true.

Considering all the slagging he got in the first half, I thought Anderson really came into the game in the second 45. Was positive and challenged every ball, makes the challenge and interception that led to the 2nd goal and of course scored the 3rd.

I'm still pishing mahsel at Cameron's 'seeya efter' to the no doubt bewildered Welsh lass. :lol:

You can take the boy out of Dundee...

I've inadvertently said it a couple of times myself when putting the phone down on call centre staff and such, and you can tell right away the sense of total puzzlement and 'eh?' on the other end. Wee Dundee colloquialisms are something I've gradually lost the longer I've been away, but as soon as I set foot back in the place it starts up again right away. Any time I've taken an Edinburgh lass to my parents she's just sat there in complete silence trying to figure out what language the three of us are speaking.