All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I think we need to market Mulligan better as a club, like Aberdeen did with Ramsay. We need to get the press to big him up.

'Rangers in 50,000 bid to land Dundee "starlet"' type pish in the Record usually does the trick... in terms of unsettling the player so much that they f**k off in the next window for peanuts.

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

'Rangers in 50,000 bid to land Dundee "starlet"' type pish in the Record usually does the trick... in terms of unsettling the player so much that they f**k off in the next window for peanuts.

I would prefer if they made up something like 'Leeds United plan £1.25m swoop for Dens kid'. Just enough to be believable, but never going to happen.

Just noticed Hartley's been punted by Hartlepool.

Weird career the guy is having. Seems to do just fine at taking small clubs up several levels, but falls down once he steps up to a bigger job. I still think his time at Dens was a success on the whole, but I was stunned by his admission that he'd 'run out of ideas'. Appears to be an ongoing theme.

7 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Just noticed Hartley's been punted by Hartlepool.

Weird career the guy is having. Seems to do just fine at taking small clubs up several levels, but falls down once he steps up to a bigger job. I still think his time at Dens was a success on the whole, but I was stunned by his admission that he'd 'run out of ideas'. Appears to be an ongoing theme.

I see they’ve temporarily gone for ‘Mr League Two’ Keith Curle. 

Probably a safe pair of hands. 

Just read they’ve approached Agent Ross!

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Other than Scouse, is there a more nails-down-a-blackboard accent in the UK?

I'm likely in the minority but I think Scouse is one of the best accents in the UK. Anything that well developed and instantly recognisable gets pass marks from me.

Having said that, weegie is my least favourite by a considerable distance.

I get that it's all subjective, but you are genuinely the first non-scouser I've ever heard say they like that accent. 

Scouse, Manc, nasal Weegie, and London 'street' accents all give me the boak, but I know a lovely Geordie lass who is a nurse and I could listen to her chat away all day :wub:

Don't mind Hartley, brought some happy times, and then reached his level, far better than McPake. IMO.

He’s the best manager we’ve had since Jocky.

Don’t mind the scouse accent but the scousers are a right bunch of militant b*****ds. I once had to manage a female scouser, feckin impossible.

10 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I get that it's all subjective, but you are genuinely the first non-scouser I've ever heard say they like that accent. 

Scouse, Manc, nasal Weegie, and London 'street' accents all give me the boak, but I know a lovely Geordie lass who is a nurse and I could listen to her chat away all day :wub:

You forgot the Brummie accent - possibly the worst of all. Manc is interesting as North Manchester and South Manchester are different.  I had a good mate who was a Geordie - no problem with the accent but after a few pints became a bit difficult to understand.  Unlike the Irish girl I knew, even without pints it was impossible to understand her.  

43 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

You guys haven’t kicked about Scunthorpe long enough.

Mate, I've kicked about the various shiteholes around North Manchester and Lancashire in my time so you're Scunthorpe is positively Knightsbridge-like.  Actually, I've never been to Scunthorpe but have been to Louth which wasn't THAT bad.  Bad, but not THAT bad.

13 minutes ago, Girth said:

I was going to go tonight but then had to pay my student fees. Broke as a mofo  

Looks like a night in watching the game on WLLLWLWLLL TV. 

Anyone travelling to Shropshire today? 

Thank you. 

There's a few photos over twitter looks like a few buses going down. 

Thank you. 

8 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Looks like a good wee crowd heading down for such a distance on a Friday. Our fans deserve so much more than what we get. 

Hope they all enjoy the day then let's kick on in this league of utter diddies and get this league won.

DTID.

20220923_123009.thumb.jpg.a342a7c0213cb2110449f57d6c48e51f.jpg20220923_123012.thumb.jpg.3b877e01864e96a8c423e534e6870c42.jpgFB_IMG_1663932632625.thumb.jpg.f080cec77a4ff40eb8943b703608f11c.jpg

Thank you.

Great shots and we’ll ensure a good crowd down there. 

TNS have barely any home support and we’ll definitely out sing them.