All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I posted this on the Dundee forum, but it is something I'm a wee bit worried about. I still, despite today, genuinely feel we've got our first decent manager in a long time at the club, but because we're Dundee FC, we're bound to f**k it up.

I find it really hard to blame him (today and the other defeats thus far) when he's got a squad he didn't sign, identified players to the board that he wanted that we didn't get and now he's been forced to go ahead with a mix of proven failures, some decent talent for this level and a bunch of youth.

Like everyone else that's posted on here and moreso on TDBF, I can see flaws in Bowyer such as putting Sweeney straight back in the team, dropping McGowan and putting McGhee back in midfield when he's excelled at CH are the more contentious ones that have come out of today and they're not the only ones. That being said, I do feel he's better than what's came before and that he's mainly a victim of circumstance and worry he'll pay for that with this squad tied up for another season!

I'm not worried about Bowyer honestly, while the starting XI was a negative factor I put the blame on not putting the game away on the players, Bowyer's tactics had us in control for the majority of the game and individual mistakes led to three very avoidable goals being conceded. I'm far more frustrated with the players than Bowyer.

Unless he has a Jack Ross-esque spell, I have full belief he'll get this season at least and have a chance to build his own team next season regardless of if we get promoted or not. I have no doubt Bowyer has spelled out in no uncertain terms his displeasure at how limited he has been in bringing players in due to McPake's duds still being under contract. Every time we've lost this season we've bounced back with an impressive performance immediately after, so hopefully we see that again and with lessons learned.

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Ok, no apparently about it.

f**k sake.

Didn't realise it was that blatant from the Cox and quickly moved on.

No wonder Bowyer is facing a ban.

Referee was horrific. We say that on the regular, but he really was a complete attention seeker.

29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

f**k sake.

Didn't realise it was that blatant from the Cox and quickly moved on.

No wonder Bowyer is facing a ban.

Referee was horrific. We say that on the regular, but he really was a complete attention seeker.

Had a great view of it, unbelievable, this was me.

Benny Hill GIFs | Tenor

Gonna just say it, but expect pelters, Mulligan hasn't shown anything since possibly the Arbroath game. Been off the boil for weeks. Absolute least of our worries admittedly, but really needing him to take games by the scruff of their neck more than he is.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Gonna just say it, but expect pelters, Mulligan hasn't shown anything since possibly the Arbroath game. Been off the boil for weeks. Absolute least of our worries admittedly, but really needing him to take games by the scruff of their neck more than he is.

I think it's cos he's being played more on the wing because there's this thought that he's better up there, but I much preferred him in centre midfield. All of the moments he's had this season that he's been praised for have came from him taking the ball in the middle, turning to face the opponents' goal and storming right at their defence to take them on.

I'd say Niall McGinn should be in his position opposite McMullan, but with how infuriatingly lazy he was throughout his whole appearance I'm not surprised he's been punted down to reserves. Genuinely mental how badly we're missing Luke McCowan.

Legzdins is a quality keeper. I know he had his issues last season but that was because he was injured.

Statistically - he kept more clean sheets for us last season than Bain did in 2 of his 3 seasons at Dens despite only managing 24 of the 38 games.

In fact, it's utterly mental to me that Legzdins is only 7 clean sheets off the TOTAL Bain kept despite playing 79 fewer games.

Legzdins stats back up.

He's not a keeper that's gonna pull off that wonder save and he is gonna drop the odd clanger because he's tried to be dominant in his box. But he is a quality goalkeeper.

It's criminal he's not playing IMO.

2 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

In the space of 7 league games we have conceded 3 to Thistle, 3 to Ayr, 3 to ICT. However, today showed we are the better team and with a couple of tweaks and stop making mistakes we will win the league. Nope.

Aye, and if yer maw had baw's!

No you’re right Ludo, he has been a shadow of the player we’ve seen previously. Maybe it is because he is being played out of position.
Max Anderson, who was the only light for most of last season is completely out of the picture and a Rangers youngster, a 6th level player from England and a centre half are currently filling their positions.
Bowyer seems like a genuinely decent bloke, comes over really well in the media etc but his managerial record (as I’ve said before) screams mediocrity.
The issues you’ve highlighted, Sweeney etc, are at his door, and he better get things sorted PDQ or things will get nasty for him.

14 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Bottom of the league and yous are still a bigger minter

Thank-you 

Every team in the top four leagues of Scottish football have won a game this season… apart from Dundee United. Fair play to youse taking the role of the city’s banter club this season, it’s 100 been entertaining. Pure cinch.

11 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I think it's cos he's being played more on the wing because there's this thought that he's better up there, but I much preferred him in centre midfield. All of the moments he's had this season that he's been praised for have came from him taking the ball in the middle, turning to face the opponents' goal and storming right at their defence to take them on.

I'd say Niall McGinn should be in his position opposite McMullan, but with how infuriatingly lazy he was throughout his whole appearance I'm not surprised he's been punted down to reserves. Genuinely mental how badly we're missing Luke McCowan.

How long is McCowan out for?