All things Dundee FC

24 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Ianetta's? Always knew it as Ken's, who would sell fags to literally anybody of any age. One of the last places I can think of with shelves of sweetie jars like that.

I was too wee to know it by name, but aye, the place with aw the jars of sweets. My Godfather always had a bag of horehounds on him he'd bought from there. Vague memories of my Godmother calling it Ianetta's

The Cobbler shop just up the road used to fascinate me when I was a nipper because it had one of those mannequins with a moving arm in the window that looked like a wee auld man hammering nails into boots :lol:

Edited by Boo Khaki

I feel harsh moaning about the manager this early with a squad that largely isn't his, so I won't.

This team is a bunch of losers though, mentality of a league-winning team is nowhere to be found. Losing three out of our first seven, and two of them at home, is abysmal.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I feel hard done by moaning about the manager this early with a squad that largely isn't his, so I won't.

This team is a bunch of losers though, mentality of a league-winning team is nowhere to be found. Losing three out of our first seven, and two of them at home, is abysmal.

This is down to Nelms allowing McPake to spend the budget on 2 year contracts for a shower of spineless frauds.

Just in, where do you start? Team looked good last time out, an attacking threat and solid at the back, so why on earth would you totally change it? Absolute fuckwittery from Bowyer. Never witnessed such incompetence from match officials either, to have a player blatantly punch the ball off the goal line and none of them see it? C'mon to f**k, south enclosure linesman countless offsides that were a mile on, flagging for throw ins when the ball is still in, the guy either can't see anything or he's got a fucking agenda.

Rant over.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, The Master said:

Thank f**k Sweeney is suspended for the next two league games. An absolutely liability who should never have got his place back today. 

Genuinely baffling decision by Bowyer, considering how well McGhee and Ashcroft played against Queen's Park. I can at least see why he brought Marshall straight back in as we've been missing a left footer on the left wing for the last few games, but he was slow going forward today and pretty terrible overall.

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Just in, where do you start? Team looked good last time out, an attacking threat and solid at the back, so why on earth would you totally change it? Absolute fuckwittery from Bowyer. Never witnessed such incompetence from match officials either, to have a player blatantly punch the ball off the goal line and none of them see it? C'mon to f**k, south enclosure linesman countless offsides that were a mile on, flagging for throw ins when the ball is still in, the guy either can't see anything or he's got a fucking agenda.

Rant over.

Thank you.

A029ABDF-A921-44E5-93C3-DF9245ABE4C3.png.ffde4e8fe2a4659bedbf861472f423fe.png

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

Thank f**k Sweeney is suspended for the next two league games. An absolutely liability who should never have got his place back today. 

I absolutely agree.  The sending off at Ayr was a gift to Bowyer to change the line up and keep it that way.  Bowyer better not blow another chance that Sweeney has handed him.  

For me I’d have Ashcroft and McGhee as the central pairing.  Either side of them would be Kerr and French.  Finally, Legzdins would be the keeper.

33 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

For seven’s sake that’s just not true.  

Give him his due, 9 (nine) times out of ten he's correct.

27 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I absolutely agree.  The sending off at Ayr was a gift to Bowyer to change the line up and keep it that way.  Bowyer better not blow another chance that Sweeney has handed him.  

For me I’d have Ashcroft and McGhee as the central pairing.  Either side of them would be Kerr and French.  Finally, Legzdins would be the keeper.

Spot on, will lose respect for him if he doesn't implement that.

Thank you.