All things Dundee FC

13 minutes ago, K.T said:

My mate sent me a pic of the retro 96 Firkin Brewery away top but he can’t find the ad for it now. What I’m asking is, where the can I buy it? 

Dundee Retro shirts on Facebook.

Haven't seen any bad reviews so far.

I think HillyDFC is one of the boys who run/sell them. I can't seem to tag him here though.

Edit : I've got an original I could sell you for £100, if you fit into a typical 8 year old boys football shirts.

Edited by Mr. Alli

10 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I think HillyDFC is one of the boys who run/sell them. I can't seem to tag him here though.

Edit : I've got an original I could sell you for £100, if you fit into a typical 8 year old boys football shirts.

We must be about the same age! I still can’t find that on Facebook :lol:

Just for a second I read shorts not shirts. Was a bit of a shock.

Eh? Cummings has two full caps for Scotland, the last of which came less than 5 years ago. How in the name of f**k is he eligible to play for Australia?

You can switch allegiance provided you’ve only played in friendlies which Cummings had done.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

You can switch allegiance provided you’ve only played in friendlies which Cummings had done.

That's a fucking nonsense.

Is there a limit on how often you can switch, or can you, for example, play friendlies for all four UK nations, then turn out for Ireland because your granny's second cousin once spent in night in a Dublin BnB?

43 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Eh? Cummings has two full caps for Scotland, the last of which came less than 5 years ago. How in the name of f**k is he eligible to play for Australia?

As others have answered about friendlies plus he has dual nationality as think his mother is Australian. 

This is from Football Australia’s My Football:

Up to seven players could make their debut for the Socceroos, with Arnold exploring his options.

Keanu Baccus has hit the ground running in Scotland with St Mirren after joining from Western Sydney Wanderers. The 24-year-old has started all seven matches across all competitions, registering one goal and one assist from midfield.

Dynamic full-back Ryan Strain – also of St Mirren – has been called-up for the first time since last year’s September qualifiers against China and Vietnam, where he trained with the squad but did not feature.

Exciting midfielder Cameron Devlin is another of the Australian contingent plying their trade in the Scottish Premiership, and has been a regular with Heart of Midlothian since his arrival in 2021.

After impressing with Central Coast Mariners following a midseason move to Gosford, Jason Cummings has been rewarded with a call-up. Although the 27-year-old has previously represented Scotland on two occasions, they occurred in friendly matches, and means he remains eligible to play for Australia due to holding dual citizenship. The striker has scored 11 goals in 22 matches since joining the Mariners in January.

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

That's a fucking nonsense.

Is there a limit on how often you can switch, or can you, for example, play friendlies for all four UK nations, then turn out for Ireland because your granny's second cousin once spent in night in a Dublin BnB?

In theory, someone who obtains UK citizenship, rather than being born here, is eligible to play for any of the 4 nations, and could do this. However, a gentleman's agreement between the four FA's says that they wouldn't consider anyone who qualifies this way. 

3 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

In theory, someone who obtains UK citizenship, rather than being born here, is eligible to play for any of the 4 nations, and could do this. However, a gentleman's agreement between the four FA's says that they wouldn't consider anyone who qualifies this way. 

This may no longer be the case, but it was at one point...

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Terrific news for Cummings. Great to see him doing well.

Loved the guy, brilliant talent, treated like shite by McPake, when what he needed was an arm around the shoulder and encouragement. Would've banged a lot more goals in for us. IMO.

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Loved the guy, brilliant talent, treated like shite by McPake, when what he needed was an arm around the shoulder and encouragement. Would've banged a lot more goals in for us. IMO.

Absolutely. Yet charlatans like Sheridan are still hopelessly drawing a wage from the club.

A travesty to turn up pished. Not so much to drink drive.

Awful.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Absolutely. Yet charlatans like Sheridan are still hopelessly drawing a wage from the club.

Awful.

Yeah, the mess and the mistakes McPake made, should think himself lucky to get a gig at a big club like Dunfermline, I wouldn't trust him in the Juniors.

Awful.

Sheridan was pished and drink driving or did you mean Cummings and Adam?

I’ll continually stick for Sheridan till he’s fit. Anyone can get injured and a snapped achilles is pretty nasty.

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Sheridan was pished and drink driving or did you mean Cummings and Adam?

I’ll continually stick for Sheridan till he’s fit. Anyone can get injured and a snapped achilles is pretty nasty.

Cummings and club captain Adam.

I've seen nothing from Sheridan when he was 'fit'. He's been out for nearly 9(?) months now. Usual recovery is 4-6 months.