All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

James McFadden will be in touch for breach of copyright on that goal. Some strike.

Mr McPake, after the two managers we had last season, has been a very welcome improvement. 

Glad to hear he’s doing well. 

The only real gripe I have about yesterday is that Grayson was once again just a passenger. One good game out of 5, he needs dropped imo, brings absolutely nothing.

Maybe it's me and he has become my target this season and will never be good enough. Probably due to @Ludo*1 referencing Martin 'Fuckin' Woods every time he is spoken about. 😄

Didn't really get the love for Grayson from the Arbroath game. Thought a lot of his passes were of the sideways variety. Couldn't believe after five substitutions he was still on the park. Might just be settling in, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Got to agree re Grayson, not nearly enough impact in yet another game. Can't see, and I'd prefer if, Byrne doesn't return, too negative for me. With the set-up GB is going for we will will still be better with a holding midfielder with McMullen, Mulligan, Cameron and McCowan in front. I've thought Williamson could do this but maybe is a bit lightweight - could grow into the role though? McGowan, Anderson or even French? I've thought some of French's performances in defence have been a bit over-rated and the relative performance of Ashcroft backs this up, that said he's not a bad player and maybe this role could work for us, physical presence, can break forward at a decent pace, maybe not the close control in tight areas that ideally he should have but worth a go?  

With Rudden off injured yesterday, and not looking good for a quick return, anyone have any idea about the strikers expected return dates given we now only have Robinson available. OK'ish as long as he doesn't get injured but don't think him playing 90 mins every game will help him or team if this is going to be weeks on end 

58 minutes ago, DieDee said:

With Rudden off injured yesterday, and not looking good for a quick return, anyone have any idea about the strikers expected return dates given we now only have Robinson available. OK'ish as long as he doesn't get injured but don't think him playing 90 mins every game will help him or team if this is going to be weeks on end 

Jakubiak and Sheridan were out running before the game yesterday, so hopefully they'll be close soon.

Screenshot_2022-09-04-16-05-02-230_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.bff17854f069cdd6757159e8444fc697.jpg

Screenshot_2022-09-04-16-05-19-843_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.f75763cc4f3f7c31599f47a1222d16d4.jpg

1 hour ago, DieDee said:

Got to agree re Grayson, not nearly enough impact in yet another game. Can't see, and I'd prefer if, Byrne doesn't return, too negative for me. With the set-up GB is going for we will will still be better with a holding midfielder with McMullen, Mulligan, Cameron and McCowan in front. I've thought Williamson could do this but maybe is a bit lightweight - could grow into the role though? McGowan, Anderson or even French? I've thought some of French's performances in defence have been a bit over-rated and the relative performance of Ashcroft backs this up, that said he's not a bad player and maybe this role could work for us, physical presence, can break forward at a decent pace, maybe not the close control in tight areas that ideally he should have but worth a go?  

Harsh on French imo. He’s been very good. 

Grayson made a good impression on his debut because he was winning tackles and his 1st thought on the ball was to play forward. Hasn’t done it since though and I think he’s left this ‘wand’ of his down south. Coach Byrne into playing forward would be to my liking. 

Rudden apparently said he’ll be fine after the game. 

Oh and on another issue Owen Coyle’s post match comments are fucking hilarious 😆 

37 minutes ago, Girth said:

I’m presuming Byrne will end up on loan somewhere!?

i think it's very difficult to tell a player he can piss off and then expect the best of them when they play.  Bryne is a decent character and I'd doubt he'll spit the dummy out but i'd expect him to move on, personally i'd hope to us.   It was stated one Scottish club rejected our enquiry for a player and another accepted an offer but the player rejected it, it wouldn't surprise me if bryne is player b and may come to use some point in the month. 

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

i think it's very difficult to tell a player he can piss off and then expect the best of them when they play.  Bryne is a decent character and I'd doubt he'll spit the dummy out but i'd expect him to move on, personally i'd hope to us.   It was stated one Scottish club rejected our enquiry for a player and another accepted an offer but the player rejected it, it wouldn't surprise me if bryne is player b and may come to use some point in the month. 

Not so sure it was worded he could piss off. The manager told him he wouldn’t get much game time therefore was free to find another club. 

4 hours ago, parsforlife said:

At League One level he’d boss it beyond all belief. 

Gary Bowyer on Zak Rudden's knee injury:

"We are just waiting for [the swelling on his knee] to settle down. We will know more as the week goes on. It was the manner in how he went down and how he was - with getting stretchered off there is that cause for concern. We are just waiting on further diagnosis because he lost a bit of feeling in his leg. It was a challenge from behind, it's not an ideal situation for us. Obviously, the game is a day earlier this week but that's what happens and we just have to get on with it."

Bowyer on status of Sheridan and Jakubiak:

"Cillian and Alex are on the road to recovery. Cillian was a very long-term one with his Achilles operation. Coming back from being out a long time you do pick up niggles which has what's happened to him along the way. We haven't been stupid and rushed him. It's a case of building him up with weeks of conditioning before he goes back in. It's the same with Alex, his recovery has taken a bit longer than we hoped for initially."

Bowyer on potentially bringing in a new striker:

"The pool we can select from has become smaller. The majority of people we have asked have tight squads, so there are not many clubs that are looking to loan players out. It is something we are still looking at."

Source: https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecourier.co.uk%2Ffp%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Fdundee-fc%2F3664261%2Fgary-bowyer-zak-rudden-injury-update%2F