All things Dundee FC

The lad Jakubiak was signed as Kane Hemmings straight replacement in what now seems like a lifetime ago by the clown 'manager' James McPake.
Sheridan, unlucky with his injury October 2021 in fairness, however both are now sponging from our club and are merely lower league free transfer material.
Get rid please, waste of a salary x2.
Thank you.

I agree but seeing as we can’t get rid of them I’m trying to cheer myself up!

11 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I used to go with a few mates to watch United’s European ties at Tannadice in the early ‘80s when they were playing big name European teams.   Kind of weird feeling because me and another Dundee supporting mate wanted United to get beat obviously but were keen to see another round of European football.  

In my defence there were hardly any live games on the TV and the only European games you’d have on the TV were the finals.

I'll admit I went to one of their Euro games - the Man U one.  Not to see Dundee Utd though.

43 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

What an incredible finish from Robinson today 😮👏👏👏

Will he hit a better one in his entire career?

I doubt it. IMO.

eta The pinnacle of striking a football.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

Today was the first time I’ve noticed we have the 1962 league winning flag displayed in the Bobby Cox stand. Seems a mental place to put it in a depressing concrete enclosure surrounded by ducting.

Lovely piece of footballing history though.

thank you 

9 minutes ago, K.T said:

Today was the first time I’ve noticed we have the 1962 league winning flag displayed in the Bobby Cox stand. Seems a mental place to put it in a depressing concrete enclosure surrounded by ducting.

Lovely piece of footballing history though.

thank you 

Only temporary though, will take pride of place at Nou Campy.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Only temporary though, will take pride of place at Nou Campy.

Thank you.

I’m sure it will. tbh I’m glad the club have put it in an accessible location where the average fan can see it and not hidden away in hospitality lounges. Not every club has achieved these things, so should rightly be displayed for us.

Well against Owen Coyles terrible judgement we were very, very good today and the result never looked in doubt. 

- Credit to Harry Sharp. I'm a 'doubter' of his but his distribution has been improving week by week and he made some very important saves today.

- Robinson is making that striker spot his. Effective hold up play, a first touch to fucking die for and a howitzer to top it all off. Pler. 

- Williamson I said before I'm not sure what type of midfielder he is but he was very good today. Passing was good and pretty physical. He was guilty of holding on to the ball a little longer than he should have in the first half but much better in the second.

- French is proving his that he is just as good at right back as he is at centre back for me.

- Ashcroft coming back is so important to our defence. Aerially he is a fucking colossus and Mcghee actually paired up with him pretty well today.

- I keep saying it and maybe it is just because we are lacking options but Mulligan is wasted out wide right. Later on in the game he was playing more through the middle of the pitch and was causing problems. 

I'm hoping Rudden isn't out for long and we aren't made to regret not getting more signings in the door.

Edited by Pens_Dark

12 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I agree but seeing as we can’t get rid of them I’m trying to cheer myself up!

Nowt a better feeling than The Dee's performance cheering you up however Spud, imho.

Remember back in the day with my best mate when we had won and heading home, when parting company one of us would say, "Sporting Post tonight?", to which the other would always reply, "Fucking right", lol.

Eeeh, here's to our younger vibrant days. 

sara.thumb.jpg.8a706ad20f614fc9759905a4d8575424.jpg

2 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Nowt a better feeling than The Dee's performance cheering you up however Spud, imho.

Remember back in the day with my best mate when we had won and heading home, when parting company one of us would say, "Sporting Post tonight?", to which the other would always reply, "Fucking right", lol.

Eeeh, here's to our younger vibrant days. 

sara.thumb.jpg.8a706ad20f614fc9759905a4d8575424.jpg

Jesus Loves You. 

French and Robinson our best players today with French consistenly being our top perfomer now. 

Good to see at the very start of Bowyers term. If we manage to go up ( i belive we will) with another two transfer windows under our belt i'm fully confident we'll be in a much better position than the shambles under McPake. 

Onto Cove; a must win with Ayr playing Partick. 

Thank you.