All things Dundee FC

17 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Cheers man. Commuted to a week on the naughty step. Felt a perma-ban was a bit harsh anyway tbh. Hopefully Asim gets back as well, I can't believe he got binned. In fairness to whichever mod binned me I had regularly been a bit of an arse in that sub-forum. 

Got the same for retaliating against abuse from old man Danger, anyhow, good that you're back.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Yenitit said:

McPake can f**k off. We’re still dealing with his shitshow like the contract extension to permanently crock Jakubiak 😡

If it frees up some money for a loan that Bowyer wants then much better than having a player around who has been told he can go.

Jakubiak is shite. Has been given every chance at this stage.

3 players lined up and not got one over the line....painful.

Edited by Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I’m curious as you are a 2 team city do you have a large percentage of Dundonians that turf up at both teams depending on who is well and the opposition they are playing? Or is it just as tribal as anywhere else?

Tribal. f**k Yenited and everycunt that sail’s with her. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Yenitit

6 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I’m curious as you are a 2 team city do you have a large percentage of Dundonians that turf up at both teams depending on who is well and the opposition they are playing? Or is it just as tribal as anywhere else?

Used to be like that in the olden days, not so much now though.

This was a big thing in the 50s/60s when Dundee were the big team but folk pitched up to support the other local team. By the 70s United were very much the equal of Dundee and went onto big success and folk, in general, picked one team to follow.

35 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I used to go with a few mates to watch United’s European ties at Tannadice in the early ‘80s when they were playing big name European teams.   Kind of weird feeling because me and another Dundee supporting mate wanted United to get beat obviously but were keen to see another round of European football.  

In my defence there were hardly any live games on the TV and the only European games you’d have on the TV were the finals.

3 hours ago, locheedee said:

It did for me the other day too but seemed ok again when I tried it today 🤷🏻‍♂️

Think they are probably getting grief from the companies they are doing out of money tbh...

Aye, error code 451 was coming up which I believe relates to being taken down for legal reasons, so the gent running the site probably got serviced briefly or something but has it back up now. God bless him, a key cog for a more free Internet.

8 hours ago, Fifespud said:

The 12 foot ladder has stopped working for me?

It should hopefully be working by now.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

25 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I think Jakubiak and Sheridan (maybe) could still be really handy squad players. What are the chances the players we might have signed yesterday turned out to be worse than them anyway?

The lad Jakubiak was signed as Kane Hemmings straight replacement in what now seems like a lifetime ago by the clown 'manager' James McPake.

Sheridan, unlucky with his injury October 2021 in fairness, however both are now sponging from our club and are merely lower league free transfer material.

Get rid please, waste of a salary x2.

Thank you.

16 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

The lad Jakubiak was signed as Kane Hemmings straight replacement in what now seems like a lifetime ago by the clown 'manager' James McPake.

Sheridan, unlucky with his injury October 2021 in fairness, however both are now sponging from our club and are merely lower league free transfer material.

Get rid please, waste of a salary x2.

Thank you.

Agree. Send them both to the glue factory. 

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

In the old days aye. My old man was one of that generation who grew up following Dundee in the 50s and 60s. They'd go to Dundee's home games (or nearby away fixture) but regularly went along to Tannadice, in much the same way nowadays a Dundee fan might take in an East Craigie game or something. 

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Griffiths' stint playing in the junior leagues in Australia is going well.

Maybe @DeeMan was giving him some helpful advice.

He did score to put them 3-2 in front just after HT, they won 4-2 against Dianella White Eagles in their last league game of the season. Mandurah City are now in 2nd place but might be back in 3rd after today’s games. Looks like only the top side (Olympic Kingsway) is promoted but they will be in the WA State League finals series (top 4). This league, WA State League,  is level 3 behind A-League (1) and NPL (2). Junior here is age groups up to U18.