All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Did we not go to court over it? Gio represented us I'm sure.

Recall reading in the press they were to pay a development fee for Zura due to his young age when arriving at Dens.

£75k I think, they paid half and when we later entered admin the cheeky bigoted arse wipes attempted to claim the £37.5k back!

In '84 they bid £200k each for Cammy Fraser and Iain Ferguson respectively, Dundee naturally refused and it went to a transfer tribunal decision. The decision, yeah £200k on the dot for Ferguson and £165k for Fraser, lol.

Thankfully they are merely a memory now, realistic tribute act however.

Regards  

14 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

If it’s decent money I’d take it , one good game two or three meh games keep repeating 

I’m sure he’ll kick on but Gal better have someone lined up to replace him. 

Did the blue bigots not claim that we hadn't made a new contract offer to Zurab which meant they were not obliged to pay anything for him, or something like that? Typically despicable behaviour from them.

As for McCowan, wouldn't be upset to see him go for ££. Has a decent game every so often, but so inconsistent. Definitely need a left back, striker and creative midfielder.

A defender who knows not to let long punts up the park bounce so that a striker can take possession would be nice too...

2 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I just get the feeling that we're going to be massively disappointed later on tonight...

I feel like Bowyers main targets are from down South that he is having trouble convincing to come North of the border.

Even if he does convince them, I imagine they will be from a level that will also massively disappoint.

TDF suggesting we're in for Craig MacGillivray on loan from Charlton.

Honestly don't see the point in signing a 4th keeper.

Even if we can get Lawlor off the books, I still don't see the point unless we are planning on loaning Sharp out which doesn't seem likely.

Guy has decent pedigree though was in a few Scotland squads. Was PotY for Portsmouth 2 seasons ago and Charlton's first choice last season  but fell down the pecking order now. Still ahead of that Ashley Maynard-Brewer that was at County last season though.

Seriously find it hard to believe he is looking for another keeper as a priority over the other areas I and many others have highlighted.

Although, it does beg the question of why McPake didn't do the same within 3 weeks of Flapjack's first game for us????

1 minute ago, Spikethedee said:

Seriously find it hard to believe he is looking for another keeper as a priority over the other areas I and many others have highlighted.

Although, it does beg the question of why McPake didn't do the same within 3 weeks of Flapjack's first game for us????

Bowyer maybe knows that Lawlor is nowhere near good enough, Legzdins injury is continuing to hamper him and you can't rely on a young keeper over the longevity of a full season; which I totally agree with if that was to be the case.

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

TDF suggesting we're in for Craig MacGillivray on loan from Charlton.

Honestly don't see the point in signing a 4th keeper.

Even if we can get Lawlor off the books, I still don't see the point unless we are planning on loaning Sharp out which doesn't seem likely.

Guy has decent pedigree though was in a few Scotland squads. Was PotY for Portsmouth 2 seasons ago and Charlton's first choice last season  but fell down the pecking order now. Still ahead of that Ashley Maynard-Brewer that was at County last season though.

I reckon the English did a Sky Sports and didn't know which Dundee side they were being told wanted MacGillivray, so just put both down. It's United who've got a keeper issue with Birighitti apparently suffering a bad injury (as well as both keepers just being shite), so I think it's just them unless Legzdins is basically packing it in.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/charlton-athletic-player-being-eyed-by-scottish-duo/

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I reckon the English did a Sky Sports and didn't know which Dundee side they were being told wanted MacGillivray, so just put both down. It's United who've got a keeper issue with Birighitti apparently suffering a bad injury (as well as both keepers just being shite), so I think it's just them unless Legzdins is basically packing it in.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/charlton-athletic-player-being-eyed-by-scottish-duo/

United and Dundee's journalists for the Courier (Temple & Cran) have both put on Twitter that neither club are interested.

While I'd still play a fit Legzdins I do think Sharp has been playing much better. Defence are now happy to pass back to him and he does come out for through balls. Kicking, while slightly better, and coming for crosses still needs worked upon. With Ashcroft fit the added experience at the back is making me feel a lot more comfortable about the defence as a whole.

Queue losing 3 to QP