All things Dundee FC

A 4-5-1 with the two wingers attacking.
We just didn't use the wings effectively tonight - Ayr's pressing meant we kept lumping it up but also the gap between midfield and Rudden made it harder for them to support him - that again was down to the pressing.

PS I take back the comment regards your cat - just fucking pissed off with that game - and genuinely how poor we were.

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

We just didn't use the wings effectively tonight - Ayr's pressing meant we kept lumping it up but also the gap between midfield and Rudden made it harder for them to support him - that again was down to the pressing.

PS I take back the comment regards your cat - just fucking pissed off with that game - and genuinely how poor we were.

No probs, we're all fucking seething.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

What's the story with McGinn right now?

Has he fallen out with Bowyer?

Or does Bowyer just not rate him?

It looked to me that he has no place in the manager's plans.

No, there is no way an International player from a diddy foreign land is a match for a Sunday league player from England.

Bowyer said that he realised players weren't up for a fight after the Partick Thistle game. 

McGinn was subbed at HT that game and only been a bit part player since.

I reckon he's had the Byrne treatment but his agent hasn't went to the media so remains in the squad.

1 minute ago, ravabelli said:

Who does our scouting? Looking at what other teams in the league seem to find compared to our signings, whoever it is needs binned too 

Apparently we appointed a new guy in June/July.

Before that, we didn't really have a scouting system at all.

19 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

A 4-5-1 with the two wingers attacking.

That’s our formation - how are we feeding the wingers and getting them into dangerous areas?

Seems to me smashing the ball head height at 2 small wingers (or completely out the park if you’re our keeper) has been the most adopted tactic thus far but we even seem to lose that at times and resort to not really doing much at all other than string 3 or 4 backward passes until we are under sufficient pressure to justify pumping it anywhere (or getting robbed like Sweeney did tonight)

Its eye-bleeding stuff and the fact he’s lobbed big Ashie on up top leads me to think he’s making a point we lack a focal point up top - so maybe if we get one we’ll abandon launching it at the wings and just start launching it centrally - which will be just as bad.

We can only piss with the cock we’ve got but whatever he’s trying at the moment doesn’t suit this current squad of players imo.

3 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

That’s our formation - how are we feeding the wingers and getting them into dangerous areas?

Seems to me smashing the ball head height at 2 small wingers (or completely out the park if you’re our keeper) has been the most adopted tactic thus far but we even seem to lose that at times and resort to not really doing much at all other than string 3 or 4 backward passes until we are under sufficient pressure to justify pumping it anywhere (or getting robbed like Sweeney did tonight)

Its eye-bleeding stuff and the fact he’s lobbed big Ashie on up top leads me to think he’s making a point we lack a focal point up top - so maybe if we get one we’ll abandon launching it at the wings and just start launching it centrally - which will be just as bad.

We can only piss with the cock we’ve got but whatever he’s trying at the moment doesn’t suit this current squad of players imo.

Agree with all that, but think the formation he plays, is the best way to play, with the players he's got.

Who does our scouting? Looking at what other teams in the league seem to find compared to our signings, whoever it is needs binned too 

To be fair Robinson looks half decent and French and Grayson aren’t the worst we’ve ever signed either.
WRT style. Against Arbroath, Grayson was playing in front of the back 4 and was always available, it worked. Tonight (and against Morton) him and Gowser were swapping that role but when Gowser came deep Grayson went into hiding.

17 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Hate to repeat myself....

But f**k ye's I'm going to anyway...

Bowyer underestimates Scottish football. These lower league English players are simply not good enough. 

Y'know what @johnnydun, I would be tempted to agree until I witnessed Ayr United's performance incorporating Lee Bullen's selective recruitment from the same gene pool.

Obviously this was from my armchair so I dare not cast any questions over our own recruitment quality, or lack of. As I've previously posted, no negativity allowed on our thread it would appear.

I do not seek to purposely upset anyone of a non realistic opinion on such a bleak evening.

Regards