All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Cammy has played really well for a whole year, and he wasn’t that bad before that, just the fans boo boy. He’s like (Paul) McGinn and Holt before him, hounded out the club yet we can’t get anyone better.
French has had 2 decent touches so far, the break out against Arbroath, other than that he looks very limited to me. Just hoofs it.
Sweeney has a chance, could be coached into a decent CH, French, I have my doubts about, and at left back, fook me, he’s extremely one footed (his right). I haven’t seen much evidence of his fabled pace either, a couple of times on Saturday he got caught for pace one on one. More chance of Sweeney playing left back, which is actually not a bad shout. McCowan gets heaps of praise, never gets called out and whilst McMullen may not be premier standard, he is usually involved in the game more than McCowan, who goes into hiding.
If we got promoted the only player I’d defo want to keep would be Mulligan.

Agree with nothing there.

Watch the game back if you need to from Saturday; French pace allowed interceptions and him to win the ball countless times. He rarely punted it but when he did it was because the ball had went over his head and he was running backwards - he still managed to keep it in play which is more than Sweeney and Kerr did.

How you can single long balls put of French's game and not mention it with Cammy who has literally hoofed it up the line for a decade is beyond my comprehension.

Sweeney hasn't looked at his best this season and the left back call is scary.

As for McCowan he actually delivers more than McMullen IMO. You're right in that McMullen will be easier to notice in games because he gets himself in great positions but he invariably fucks it up.

We can agree on the point that Mulligan is the only one who is a guaranteed starter in a side who could compete well for top six in the prem though (that was pretty much my point). We're at the early stages of the transition from the McPake disaster. We have to allow time but also realise we need to get out this league this season.

Thank you.

Agree with nothing there.
Watch the game back if you need to from Saturday; French pace allowed interceptions and him to win the ball countless times. He rarely punted it but when he did it was because the ball had went over his head and he was running backwards - he still managed to keep it in play which is more than Sweeney and Kerr did.
How you can single long balls put of French's game and not mention it with Cammy who has literally hoofed it up the line for a decade is beyond my comprehension.
Sweeney hasn't looked at his best this season and the left back call is scary.
As for McCowan he actually delivers more than McMullen IMO. You're right in that McMullen will be easier to notice in games because he gets himself in great positions but he invariably fucks it up.
We can agree on the point that Mulligan is the only one who is a guaranteed starter in a side who could compete well for top six in the prem though (that was pretty much my point). We're at the early stages of the transition from the McPake disaster. We have to allow time but also realise we need to get out this league this season.
Thank you.

I was joking about Sweeney at LB but surely you’re not calling for French at LB??
I have watched the game back. French was extremely limited, he should be hoofing it out rather than chipping it to an attacker when he’s miles out of position.
We’ll need to agree to disagree but before this season’s out the fans will be calling for his head. Jordan McGhee is MILES better.

14 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I was joking about Sweeney at LB but surely you’re not calling for French at LB??
I have watched the game back. French was extremely limited, he should be hoofing it out rather than chipping it to an attacker when he’s miles out of position.
We’ll need to agree to disagree but before this season’s out the fans will be calling for his head. Jordan McGhee is MILES better.

No I've never said French LB. Bowyer did say he could play RB or Wingback though but right now I'm loving him at CB and he's been my MOTM the last two games.

We obviously see the game different, time will tell. Right now I'd be bringing in Ashcroft for Sweeney who I think has been poor since the seasons start and his aimless headers are pissing me off.

Ideally we bring in a new left back before the window closes, we all know Marshall isn't good enough defensively.

Thank you.

No I've never said French LB. Bowyer did say he could play RB or Wingback though but right now I'm loving him at CB and he's been my MOTM the last two games.
We obviously see the game different, time will tell. Right now I'd be bringing in Ashcroft for Sweeney who I think has been poor since the seasons start and his aimless headers are pissing me off.
Ideally we bring in a new left back before the window closes, we all know Marshall isn't good enough defensively.
Thank you.

Well we agree on a new left back!!

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Think this is spot on. Ashcroft should come in for Sweeney and I'd start McGhee at RB and move Cammy to left back. 

I'd like to see how the defence plays with Legzdins in goal. I've not been wowed by French but there is the keeper factor on top of settling in while the whole team is taking on board the way GB wants us to play. Way too early to judge him properly. An away draw with Morton has led to too much negativity and criticism. Marshall is good enough for this level, I know he has been making mistakes recently but over the season I expect him to get back into the groove. Wasn't it not long ago people were wanting £150k for him. Keep Cammy at right back, been doing a fine job there, I really don't like the shuffling players around, leads to none of them being in their natural position. Post the Ayr game it will be interesting how GB approaches the Falkirk game. Can't be taken lightly but a chance for some others to start? I suspect GB will want to rotate the squad and see if others can take on his philosophy in competitive action.  

Yeah, I'd only be dropping Marshall if we had a left footed LB in the squad. 

It's a signing priority, but I wouldn't be shuffling the back line to play players on their weak foot.

I'd like to see how the defence plays with Legzdins in goal. I've not been wowed by French but there is the keeper factor on top of settling in while the whole team is taking on board the way GB wants us to play. Way too early to judge him properly. An away draw with Morton has led to too much negativity and criticism. Marshall is good enough for this level, I know he has been making mistakes recently but over the season I expect him to get back into the groove. Wasn't it not long ago people were wanting £150k for him. Keep Cammy at right back, been doing a fine job there, I really don't like the shuffling players around, leads to none of them being in their natural position. Post the Ayr game it will be interesting how GB approaches the Falkirk game. Can't be taken lightly but a chance for some others to start? I suspect GB will want to rotate the squad and see if others can take on his philosophy in competitive action.  

Have to say I agree with all that. Marshall doesn’t seem as effective going forward as he was in his first couple of seasons, which was an attribute that offset his defensive frailties. I wonder if his hamstring injuries have taken a wee bit of pace away from him.

21 hours ago, Fifespud said:

For me French’s use of the ball is very good. If he’s keeping the ball in play and clipping it into the striker that’s very good and then up to the striker being up to scratch. The game has changed from the kick it out the park and back into shape days. 

20 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Try to hold your excitement in lads, but the draw for the Challenge Cup 3rd round in which we enter is on Monday 29th August at 13:00 on the SPFL YouTube channel.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-trust-trophy-r3

Elgin away please.  It's about the only chance I'll get to see Dundee play in person this season due to work commitments.

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Would give us a chance of breaking our 100% losing record against them, I suppose.

To be fair to Dundee, in that 1-2 loss to Elgin at Dens, it was about the only occasion Rabin Omar managed a shot on target in his time playing for Elgin; yet he scored an absolute belter of a goal.

Would like to draw Annan - never played them before and some mates of mine from down south have formed an attachment to them, so would be nice to play them. If not, then a game against one of the foreign interlopers would be good...

Edited by Spikethedee

40 minutes ago, mev said:

To be fair to Dundee, in that 1-2 loss to Elgin at Dens, it was about the only occasion Rabin Omar managed a shot on target in his time playing for Elgin; yet he scored an absolute belter of a goal.

I remember telling Morten fans he looked a good signing only because of that game lol. It also featured the most egregious hospital pass I've ever seen from Sean Mackie (if McMullan doesn't rip him to shreds on Tuesday I'll be disappointed), as well as Harry Sharp's first game for us in impromptu fashion. What a weird game that was.

I see that you are not selling tickets to away fans online for the QP game at Dens and we have to buy them in person, thus the admin gets punted onto our club and the fans are inconvenienced. I was hoping that this was a one-off to piss off Thistle fans.

The smallest of clubs manage this; utterly tinpot outfit. Open a cash gate if you can't do the online thing properly.

And £24 FFS.

9 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I see that you are not selling tickets to away fans online for the QP game at Dens and we have to buy them in person, thus the admin gets punted onto our club and the fans are inconvenienced. I was hoping that this was a one-off to piss off Thistle fans.

The smallest of clubs manage this; utterly tinpot outfit. Open a cash gate if you can't do the online thing properly.

And £24 FFS.

I mean, without being disrespectful, your 25 fans are utterly irrelevant and we don't really care.

It'd also be better getting in touch with the club so you can be ignored or told officially that we don't care than crying about it on a multi-club forum.