All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not too concerned with today. I can't remember the last team that won this league that looked like an amazing outfit.

I take your point but that wasn't a meh performance today it was fucking stinking. We play like that for most away games and we're not going to be drawing. 

I'll admit to cheerleading for Ross, but in hindsight I think it's obvious there was a bit of that phenomenon of 'the guy not playing always being better than the guy who is' thing going on. He was the obvious name to think about being that he was probably the most prominent jobless Scottish manager who would likely have been available to Championship/Premiership clubs, but I'll also admit that he has always given me slight Neil McCann vibes. Comes across as bright, looks more professional that the guys who cut aboot in manky trackies, but in reality it's all on the surface and there isn't a lot of genuine knowledge or understanding underneath.

GIF by Cappa Video Productions

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Another away game with a clean sheet, decent start, improvement to come. IMO.

47 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Could be worse, we could have just been scudded 3-0 at home by St.Mirren

1 minute ago, Louis Litt said:

I take your point but that wasn't a meh performance today it was fucking stinking. We play like that for most away games and we're not going to be drawing. 

Granted, I only watched the second half, but I thought they had the better chances of a game that had just devolved into scrappy hoofball tbh.

I can't really get too wound up about a point away from home to a team likely to be mid-table. By the sound of it the performance was honking, but longer term if we're winning our home games and picking up a point from the away then that should see us where we want to be come May. 

It sounds like that lack of creativity thing that was being talked about reared its head today. From what I've seen of McMullan so far this season I think he's a wee bit off the boil in that he's not causing the consistent problems he usually does at this level. If McCowan and McGowan are not on it, then we are going to struggle, but I think there's still plenty enough in that team once you include Mulligan that it shouldn't be a serious concern long term. A midfielder with a 'tin opener' would be a great addition, but I don't think it's a pressing enough problem that it's going to make or break our season. I still think LB is a bigger issue.

June 20th, 2 months, or in other words "what feels like ages ago".

On 20/06/2022 at 17:48, invergowrie arab said:

No matter what happens next Dundee and their fans were desperate for him and he fucked them off as soon as he got word we were in the market.

A club legend 

You have us there, I'll give you that.

On 20/06/2022 at 17:49, Mark Connolly said:

They weren't exciting enough for him

Things are very "exciting" at Tannadice right now for sure!

On 21/06/2022 at 00:02, LIVIFOREVER said:

For a brief second when i saw the thread title i thought it read Jack Ross Relegation Thread 22/23.  Thought wooft that's a new level of pessimism from Utd fans expecting the worst from their managers.

Your premonition should have been paid more attention.

On 21/06/2022 at 10:13, The Derry said:

Agent Ross about to get some prime time payback for Jimmy Mac.  Up yis.

@The Derry never misses! 😂

On 21/06/2022 at 12:02, Dundee Hibernian said:

The 'Agent Ross' chat as a comeback to the 'Agent McIntyre' jibes from some United fans a while back are wishful thinking (I hope).

I'm hoping he's more of an 'Agent McLean'.

1001798231_JackScoff.png.a3794fdad36136de1e97e1bd06a80bd4.png.10996921e63df21cfd02eb4ecfb4b33f.png

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

June 20th, 2 months, or in other words "what feels like ages ago".

You have us there, I'll give you that.

Things are very "exciting" at Tannadice right now for sure!

Your premonition should have been paid more attention.

@The Derry never misses! 😂

1001798231_JackScoff.png.a3794fdad36136de1e97e1bd06a80bd4.png.10996921e63df21cfd02eb4ecfb4b33f.png

This is hurtful, but I know you're just relieved you appear to have dodged a bullet.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

This is hurtful, but I know you're just relieved you appear to have dodged a bullet.

Obviously, but it has to be up there with the funniest 'bullets dodged' I'm aware of in the sports world. Still think he'll piece something together eventually, but right now... hooo boy.

41 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I'll admit to cheerleading for Ross, but in hindsight ....................

Yeah, hands up and also admit I believed Jack Ross was easily the best option available to us in our recent managerial search. That is fact, he was at the time.

However, how much entertainment is he providing making a right old 'James Hunt' of things at Tannadice?

The large 'ex cop' across the road manufactured Thomas/Tam/Tom's departure to facilitate Jack Ross's appointment at any cost in the hope he would give them 2 years of solid consistency and then appoint his son as head coach.

The fact our neighbours fans are too thick to read the room and his plans for their club is not our concern.

Regards and couldn't give a f**k if they go pop, tbh.

This part of the season is always the most competitive and soon injuries, suspensions and fatigue will slowly start to bite into all squads. In that regard, I think today’s subs bench was the strongest that it has been for a long time. Not everyone is 100% fit and we are not covered in all departments to the same level, but it will make a massive difference as the season unfolds.

On 16/08/2022 at 21:02, Ludo*1 said:

Early days but think it's fair to say that so far Paul McGowan is playing the best he has in years.

Crucial to our team right now.

😂........Gowser of the flymo-heid.

Oh.....I nearky forgot.

Thank you.