All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Per the usual weekly update, McGhee and Williamson are both back in training and available for Saturday, with the only squad player out currently being Luke Strachan (illness).

As for signings, says the usual selling the lines of 'we're still looking, but quality is the key'. As for anything happening being close, Bowyer says no.

Good that McGhee is back, gives a lot more options at the back, not that bothered about signing anyone else, we've got enough to trample all over this league. IMO.

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Good that McGhee is back, gives a lot more options at the back, not that bothered about signing anyone else, we've got enough to trample all over this league. IMO.

Thank you.

Would agree with this , don’t see the point in wasting money on squad players  on 2 year contract that probably wouldn’t be good enough if we up first time , if it’s needed get more in in January , watched the Arbroath game again today , and I thought we were much better than I thought while at match on Friday , Grayson was immense and strolled through the game , Mulligan is gonna be unplayable in some games when he runs full pelt through the middle of teams , 

12 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Would agree with this , don’t see the point in wasting money on squad players  on 2 year contract that probably wouldn’t be good enough if we up first time , if it’s needed get more in in January , watched the Arbroath game again today , and I thought we were much better than I thought while at match on Friday , Grayson was immense and strolled through the game , Mulligan is gonna be unplayable in some games when he runs full pelt through the middle of teams , 

Opposition will need to put two on him, to try and stop him rampaging through the middle, fair enough, will free up space elsewhere. Need him on a three year deal. ASAP.

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Flapper back in the top flight, absolutely unbelievable.

Meh, he's a third choice goalie at Livi. If that's his preference, fair play to him.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

30 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Meh, he's a third choice goalie at Livi. If that's his preference, fair play to him.

33 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Flapper back in the top flight, absolutely unbelievable.

I'd be surprised if he ever actually plays for us, just going to sit about and make the bench occasionally if someone gets injured/sent off. I suspect he's behind Schwake in the pecking order as well so pretty much 4th choice once his loan is done (he'll go out to a Championship club next though)

Record saying we’re after Lewis Smith from Hamilton. Any good?
Be standard Accies trying to drum up interest in a young player.

Smith has regressed in most Accies' fans viewpoint after struggling with injury last season - looks a shadow of the player he was when he broke into the 1st team.

Which is a shame as he is actually an Accies fan & has done what the rest of us would like to have done - come through the youth system of the club you support & made it into the 1st team.

He looks low on confidence both on the ball & in general play, especially when failing to track back, as if he's scared of an injury recurrence.

Would be a strange one for Dundee to be pursuing on current form over the last year or so IMO.

2 hours ago, CC 33 said:

Record saying we’re after Lewis Smith from Hamilton. Any good?

Accies1874 will know this better than me but I think Smith has played less than 12 full 90 mins in his career. Bags of potential but rarely delivers. If Dundee are daft enough to offer cash I would bite their hand off.

I think if we’re top or in and around top after the first quarter then we will win the league fairly comfortably. I think we’ll get better as the season goes on but it’s not always gonna be pretty.  That was a brutal match today though. 

I'm not too concerned with today. I can't remember the last team that won this league that looked like an amazing outfit.

Kilmarnock played Morton 5 times last season and drew 3.

If we can win the majority of our home games and draw the majority of our away, we'll win the league with a good few bumps along the way.

Killie lost 9 of their games and drew 7 last season. It's gonna be a tough slog, but not a bad point all things concerned IMO.

18 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Could be worse, we could have just been scudded 3-0 at home by St.Mirren

Could be worse, imagine actually being a DAB, fucking unimaginable in the extreme!

However........................................................................... 

negan-twd.gif.ace68b55053fcd0b0d726bbd2a30d96e.gif

Edited by This Charming Man

Remember when quite a few United posters were on this thread claiming we were gutted and just hiding our disappointment when none of us were that upset at losing Ross to United?  Do you think they’ve already worked out why none of us were that bothered?

Edited by Shadow Play