All things Dundee FC

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Early days but think it's fair to say that so far Paul McGowan is playing the best he has in years.

Crucial to our team right now.

I’m not going to lie I think Gowser has been poor for at least a couple of seasons.   Too often looking for a side way pass or turning back on himself.  I was of the firm opinion he was finished.  I’M DELIGHTED TO SAY I WAS COMPLETELY WRONG!  

He has been superb this season.  Turns out he just needed a decent coach that could get him and the team playing in a fast and positive manner.  I don’t think we will get a regular 90 minutes out of him but I’ve already seen enough to have faith that Bowyer will make the right call with regards to when and how to use Gowser.

Whenever McGowan has played in the 10 role he's delivered. 

When played out wide and in central midfield he's failed. No surprise that a proper manager has came in and seen where he is effective. 

Grayson (on evidence of his first match), Mulligan and McGowan is a midfield capable of taking us up with the right blend of composure, youth and experience. My only worry is the keeper and full backs. 

A full back in before the end of the widow and i think we're sorted until Jan. Legzdins is capable of perfoming at this level but the essential moments will come in May when we need to offload a large percentage of McPakes duds to move this club forward.

Roll on the Morten, hopefully get a decent crowd through. Everything seems positive for now. 

Thank you. 

39 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Going by KK's Instagram, it looks like he could be Chapman mk2.

Probably lol, but I am a sucker for jobbers coming abroad to sign. I reckon young brother Jason's a big part of it, he's in Scotland with Kristin and is 18, might be a 'swoop' for the developmental squad.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

With Arbroath sniffing around scott Allan , I can’t help but feel we’ve missed a trick especially with McGowan coming into the twilight of his career(with us anyway) could have been an almost one for like replacement for the next few years

With Arbroath sniffing around scott Allan , I can’t help but feel we’ve missed a trick especially with McGowan coming into the twilight of his career(with us anyway) could have been an almost one for like replacement for the next few years

I like Scott Allan as a player, the sort of guy you pay to see, but we offered him a lifeline before, he didn’t really perform and when the chance came to move to a ‘bigger’ club the door didn’t hit his arse.
He’s yesterday’s man, with injuries and health problems. Good luck at Gayfield Scott.

19 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I like Scott Allan as a player, the sort of guy you pay to see, but we offered him a lifeline before, he didn’t really perform and when the chance came to move to a ‘bigger’ club the door didn’t hit his arse.
He’s yesterday’s man, with injuries and health problems. Good luck at Gayfield Scott.

This.

A great player without a doubt, but the first chance he got, he was offski, remember that Hope it works out for him though.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

I'm glad we didn't go for Scott Allan, we have a midfield of Grayson (Holding), Kerr McGowan, Mulligan, McMullen. Anderson is still young and learning and can come on for McGowan in games latter stages (we could also put McGinn there as well). If we're going for any more bodies then a GK and LB should be the priorities. Personally I'd hold on to budget until Jan and assess then. It's a good time to target 23 year old players at bigger clubs that won't make it at that level.  

Per the usual weekly update, McGhee and Williamson are both back in training and available for Saturday, with the only squad player out currently being Luke Strachan (illness).

As for signings, says the usual stuff, i.e. 'we're still looking, but quality is the key'. As for anything happening being close, Bowyer says no.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee