All things Dundee FC

Enjoyed a very entertaining game and lots to be pleased about.

1. Some great attacking play - especially on the break.

2. Kept hold of the ball well at times and looked comfy on it, even stylish.

3. Rudden looked a menace - important part in the first goal and got another.

4. Two great debuts including a debut goal.

5. Mulligan clearly a step above.

6. Great tenacity and belief to keep going at them.

However we have a big problem at the back. We can't defend crosses, the fullbacks don't stop them and the centre backs and keeper are struggling to deal with them. Anything in that corridor between keeper and centre backs is causing havoc.

Gowser is also still our most creative player which obviously can't be the case forever.

I am pleased to see this squad improving and I think it will keep doing so as Bowyer's methods are implemented. It will probably be enough to be right up there in this league, it's not good enough for the league above though, we still need a body or two.

2 hours ago, Louis Litt said:

Most I've enjoyed a game at Dens in years, even at 2-2 I wouldn't have left raging. 

Enough's been said about the players but fair fucks to the young team for the atmosphere they're generating, makes such a difference to the whole place and it spreads beyond the derry. 

Spot on, it's starting with the young team but spreading across the stand. Seen a few older boys loving it. The last five minutes the stand was back to it's best and that's been a long time coming. 

Bowyer is clearly improving the side and i think he'll bring in a left back before the window closes. Build a team and the fans will follow. 

Roll on the Morten. A win there would be sweet against the match fixing bassa's as the Derry juggernaught pummels it's way back to the top flight. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Dundee-FC92

I would also agree that Grayson looks like the player we’ve been missing in midfield. Strong as f**k and great passing.  The only slight criticism I could give was his corners were too deep but that was more a tactical thing. Defence is a concern but hopefully Grayson sitting in front will help and a goalie who can command his box and communicate with those in front will too. It’s a really positive time at Dens. Bowyer has brought something to the club we’ve not had in a long time so fair play to the board for hiring him. I think Spud said last night was the best night at Dens since the doon derby and I’d agree. Good to see the atmosphere return to the stands. Not getting carried away however, we will need a couple more signings and if we do go up I think we’d need almost a new starting XI. But we can cross that bridge if it comes! Mon the Dees!

I’m still not convinced by Sharp, and I think he’s creating an overall hesitancy in defence. It’s not unsolvable, though. Just get him on the training ground dealing with various balls into the box. 

8 minutes ago, The Master said:

I’m still not convinced by Sharp, and I think he’s creating an overall hesitancy in defence. It’s not unsolvable, though. Just get him on the training ground dealing with various balls into the box. 

Agree, he is just starting out really. We won't keep getting away with it though, we didn't twice last night. Nice to make a game of it given that lot are alright etc.

Just watched it again, what a tremendous shift Rudden put in, up and down the park led the line superb great defending as well, looked knackered at the end, and no wonder, my MOTM. Whole team were very good, what a difference from the McPake/McGhee doom and gloom.

Thank you.

Just watched it again, what a tremendous shift Rudden put in, up and down the park led the line superb great defending as well, looked knackered at the end, and no wonder, my MOTM. Whole team were very good, what a difference from the McPake/McGhee doom and gloom.
Thank you.

Again agree with all that. There’s a great feeling about the place. Great crowd, especially considering the Patrick result.
I’m probably in a minority of one but Charlie who?

It was a really enjoyable game last night. What a difference watching a young energetic side that press high up the park and are a threat going forward.

Really like French, great on the ball and helps immensely with building from the back. The run for the 1st goal was class and hope he continues to be encouraged to do it more. 

Marshall’s got to improve defensively or needs replaced. Rather have a full back that can defend 1st and foremost and let others in the team break the opposition down. 

46 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’m probably in a minority of one but Charlie who?

The fitness levels are like night and day compared to when McPake was in charge, players blowing out their arses after 50min, like how Bowyer is filling the team with big powerful signings as well, nobodies pushing these guys about, or bullying them.

The fitness levels are like night and day compared to when McPake was in charge, players blowing out their arses after 50min, like how Bowyer is filling the team with big powerful signings as well, nobodies pushing these guys about, or bullying them.

Agreed. The team last night is literally head and shoulders above some of our recent teams of midgets. Big laddies.

Talking of Partick.  I will reiterate what I and many of us said on here after our first game of the season:  We will finish above Partick Thistle.  

No need to bookmark this.  There were a few Partick Thistle posters on here that promised they were going to do that when I first said it.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Talking of Partick.  I will reiterate what I and many of us said on here after our first game of the season:  We will finish above Partick Thistle.  

No need to bookmark this.  There were a few Partick Thistle posters on here that promised they were going to do that when I first said it.

I've popped in to their thread, not a lot happening.

A Billy Dodds led team is going to be a bigger challenger than Partick Thistle by the looks of things FFS.

If we don't piss this league with Dodds being our main challenge then we should shut the doors.

Edited by Ludo*1

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I've popped in to their thread, not a lot happening.

Talking of which I’m getting a bit worried about a few of my United supporting mates.  Last Thursday they were txting me after their home tie against AZ.  This week - absolutely nothing.  Not even a wee joke to acknowledge how bad they were.  Not even the usual txt about how bad Man Utd are.  Very poor form.  Not much worse than fans who only txt when they’re winning.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

A Billy Dodds led team is going to be a bigger challenger than Partick Thistle by the looks of things FFS.

If we don't piss this league with Dodds being our main challenge then we should shut the doors.

Agree, looks like Billy will be the main threat, will make it all the sweeter at the end.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I didn’t think Partick Thistle looked that great against us.  I thought Arbroath played an awful lot better than they did.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Talking of which I’m getting a bit worried about a few of my United supporting mates.  Last Thursday they were txting me after their home tie against AZ.  This week - absolutely nothing.  Not even a wee joke to acknowledge how bad they were.  Not even the usual txt about how bad Man Utd are.  Very poor form.  Not much worse than fans who only txt when they’re winning.

You’ll be ‘happy AZ f**k” with that scenario tho! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂