All things Dundee FC

Well, Well, Well. 

The DABs spend all summer speaking up their European Tour only to make it as far as 40 minutes in the Netherlands. 

Speaking of spending; their strategy of throwing money to reach the conference group stages now looks rather silly, whilst it's also contributed to lost points in their challenge for the top six. Steven Fletcher looks completely finished - wonder how much he is on. 

Anyway, onto us tomorrow. Lets get the three points and move this club foward under Bowyer. 

Thank you. 

9 hours ago, Yenitit said:

The obsession with 83 as well like no other c***s ever won the league before 😂

Exactly.   Fair enough if it was within the last few years but it’s coming up for 40 years ago since they won the league.   It would be like us constantly going on about ‘62 in the noughties.  Embarrassing.   

Look at their Tayside cousins.  You never hear St Johnstone going on about it.  In fact they go on about it so little I couldn’t even tell you what year they won the league.

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Good morning my fellow Dees, what a wonderful sunny day.

Thank you.

It's afternoon for me here so I've been up for a few hours now.  I think I got up just after 7 actually.

Have a great day ahead! 

10 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

All joking aside, and it has been a truly hilarious night, but why would you travel abroad wearing a cap referring to your rivals?  I genuinely don’t think I’ve seen this sort of obsession / behaviour by fans of any other club.

C3936E80-4E08-417A-AB26-75A68EF56F36.jpeg

It's actually beyond Rangers/Celtic levels of obsession. You'd think after essentially dominating the derby exchanges for much of the last 50 years that we wouldn't still be living so rent free in their heads that they produce lots of merchandise literally referring to us. Given that a very small section of their fans would be old enough to remember Dundee being the dominant side in the city, one can only assume that the Doon Derby hurt them a lot more than they care to admit. 

Beautiful. 

For tonight's game, Byrne and Jakubiak will be touch-and-go, both knocks last week not being as bad as initially feared. Williamson will be out this week but should be back next week, and both Sheridan and McGhee are in light training.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/3583930/dundee-team-news-gary-bowyer-positive-alex-jakubiak-shaun-byrne/

For tonight's game, Byrne and Jakubiak will be touch-and-go, both knocks last week not being as bad as initially feared. Williamson will be out this week but should be back next week, and both Sheridan and McGhee are in light training.
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/3583930/dundee-team-news-gary-bowyer-positive-alex-jakubiak-shaun-byrne/

Young Fin might get his chance?

Really looking forward to the match. 2 of my mates who live down south are home and are coming and an Arab chum is coming too. Don’t let me down Dundee!!

57 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Young Fin might get his chance?

Really looking forward to the match. 2 of my mates who live down south are home and are coming and an Arab chum is coming too. Don’t let me down Dundee!!

Fs. What they like? One terrible result and desperate to convert to being a Dee. Sums that lot up.

5 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

It's actually beyond Rangers/Celtic levels of obsession. You'd think after essentially dominating the derby exchanges for much of the last 50 years that we wouldn't still be living so rent free in their heads that they produce lots of merchandise literally referring to us. Given that a very small section of their fans would be old enough to remember Dundee being the dominant side in the city, one can only assume that the Doon Derby hurt them a lot more than they care to admit. 

Beautiful. 

The Doon Derby definitely hurt them a lot more than they care to admit. However the obsession is also driven by aulder DABs who grew up being second fiddle and as you say despite almost 50 years of being more successful than us they can't get us out of there heads. The inferiority complex from their schooldays remain. Seen comments from guys who I know are in their 60s, who witnessed their best in the 80s, resorting to slagging off the Dee last night instead of concentrating on their own embarrassing efforts in the Netherlands.

Imagine being nearly pension age and finishing every sentence with FTD

Edited by ScottyDee1893