All things Dundee FC

Boards affy quiet after a win that gets our season back on track pronto.
I live abroad and no DeeTv for some reason today but sounds like we weren't that great again today?

We were fine, not fantastic but certainly not terrible either. The game still had an early season feel at times with the passing and movement a bit laboured and we definitely let them get chances too easily which Partick punished us for.

In the end it’s a 1-0 win away at a team likely to push for a playoff spot so hard to complain.

Saw pictures on Twitter of Paul McGowan warming up during yesterday’s game. I didn’t think it was possible, but he has somehow made his hair look far worse than it has been in recent seasons. Someone is needing to have a word with him about that.

7 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Saw pictures on Twitter of Paul McGowan warming up during yesterday’s game. I didn’t think it was possible, but he has somehow made his hair look far worse than it has been in recent seasons. Someone is needing to have a word with him about that.

Good luck getting somebody to volunteer for that gig.

Thank you.

16 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

The bad hair days are soon to be a thing of the past, so cherish it. Either the transplanted hair grows in soon, or he starts shaving it for good.

19 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Apparently no negativity is allowed on our thread, only positive thoughts need apply.

Tell you what though, Jack Ross must have scared the absolute shit out of John Nelms' and Gordon Strachan when interviewed regarding his vision and financial demands.

Again, merely my realistic opinion. 

Not going to lie, nothing would give me greater joy than watching that guy and his mega salary fall flat on his face. Looks like it's all going to plan as well. Ho ho.

Thank you.

21 hours ago, rhumbaclub said:

Boards affy quiet after a win that gets our season back on track pronto.

I live abroad and no DeeTv for some reason today but sounds like we weren't that great again today?

Final ball let us down yesterday. Encouraging though the amount of times we opened up Raith. Rudden’s got to score when he hits the post and Mulligan should’ve squared 1 to Gowser for a tap in. 

The surface and our keeper’s inability to play out from the back were the things that cost us most problems. The shot in the 1st half that Sharp tips over the bar was due to Byrne slipping on the AstroTurf, the same as Sharp’s f**k up in the 2nd half. 

The keeper’s kicking is going to need to be addressed. Cost us last week but got away with it yesterday. 1 resulted in a booking and injury for Byrne trying to bail him out. It’s got to improve and quickly. 

Forgot to mention the bricker of a penalty for the push on Mulligan in the 2nd half. 

Edited by Yenitit

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Popped into the Partick Thistle thread. Good to see that they're having a boardroom crisis considering they'd be one of the few genuine contenders this season.

I've always thought they've had some cheek besmirching the good name of John Nelms when they've got Jacqui fucking Low to deal with behind the scenes 😅

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Popped into the Partick Thistle thread. Good to see that they're having a boardroom crisis considering they'd be one of the few genuine contenders this season.

#titleraceover

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecourier.co.uk%2Ffp%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Fdundee-fc%2F3573070%2Fdundee-gary-bowyer-not-time-panic-shaun-byrne-alex-jakubiak-tim-keyes%2F

- Bowyer says it's not 'panic mode' regarding signings right now, which tells me there's probably gonna be a panic mode soon.

- Apparently a couple of meetings were held with potential signings last week, but still assessing players.

- Byrne and Jakubiak injuries still unclear in terms of timescales, but Bowyer hoping both subs were precautionary enough.

- He briefly met with Keyes on Saturday and Monday, and had obviously inquired about transfer budget.

Leigh Griffiths signs for Mandurah City in Australia's 3rd tier who are managed by ex-Dee, John Baird.
What a fall from grace. 

Hadn’t realised how many Scottish clubs Baird played for, can anyone beat his 14?!

Clyde
St Mirren
Stenhousemuir
Montrose
Brechin
Airdrie
Raith
Dundee
Partick
QotS
Falkirk
ICT
Morton
Forfar

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Leigh Griffiths signs for Mandurah City in Australia's 3rd tier who are managed by ex-Dee, John Baird.

What a fall from grace. 

Considering Baird was able to score a goal every two games over 3 seasons at the club, surely Griffiths should be able to light up that league.

That being said, he's only got 2 league games left and any potential playoff games after that to do so for the club. I assume he's joining there to try and gain some momentum before hopefully getting an offer from an A-League side as their league starts in a couple months.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Maybe a bit of both. I still think anyone swanning out of Leith Academy to score for their country and in Europe has done pretty well. 

Eta: just checked his record in Europe and he hasn’t really scored against anyone of note. 
Should also really still be playing at the top level at his age. 

Edited by RawB93