All things Dundee FC

17 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Since we are talking about former Dee posters it'd be remiss to not mention @Dee Dee who is sadly no longer with us. Greatly missed on here.

Miss the mad bastirt every day. I was thinking about him the other week and the parallels between the tail end of his time and how I'd been living were quite scary.

Hopefully he's still fingerin' whilst keeping aggressive eye contact on the other side. 💙

Very vague on the transfer front from Bowyer in the press conference. He emphasised that there's still a long, long way to go in the transfer window, and if the right player becomes available that fits with the team vision then he'll bring it to the attention of the board.

As for team news, Gowser is definitely back available for Saturday, Williamson is still yet to be decided on, and Robertson picked up a niggle in the bounce game vs Motherwell and is being assessed.

10 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Going to have a little look at the Jack Ross 'experiment' this evening. Hopefully it's a right hoot.

Thank you.

I saw Iain Ferguson the other week on Byres Road. Started with the Dee and was a Euro hero for the DABs.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, jagfox said:

I saw Iain Ferguson the other week on Byres Road. Started with the Dee and was a Euro hero for the DABs.

Thank you.

Yeah, remember him, great player, as usual we made a mess of things and he went to the DAB's. You got your Alkmaar scarf on tonight mate?😎

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Yeah, remember him, great player, as usual we made a mess of things and he went to the DAB's. You got your Alkmaar scarf on tonight mate?😎

Thank you.

I'll be watching as an interested neutral...

Dank je!

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Neither am I. I think.....

Count the fingers and check for any small incision scars on the heel of your hand and/ or webbing.

Thank you.

59 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Do you realise he never wanted to go to the Dabs , Souness made him train with the youths and clean the bogs till he signed for them , he wanted to come back to dens on loan instead 

Yeah, that's nearly how I recall it in 1986. He rejected the Dab's apparently on three occasions whilst at the same time we were attempting to change his loan deal into a permanent transfer which was his first preference. Then he was recalled to Govan and thereafter shunned by Souness.

The story I recall was of Walter Smith, who by this time was Souness's no.2 at old Rangers, was allegedly in direct contact with Jim McLean informing him of the value etc of the Dens Park bids.

Think they finally secured him for £145k, whilst we were still willing to better that..................stomach churning then, as they continue to be now.

Great player Iain Ferguson though, imho.  Pictured below with friends, circa 1980/81.

663739110_R(1).thumb.jpg.580f2fdf3badf91c1937bc1f0666c3fb.jpg   

Edited by This Charming Man