All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Rumours going round on twitter linking us with 31 year old Nathan Delfouneso. Played for Gary Bowyer previously making 81 appearances for him. Interesting one but he is a bit of a lower English league journeyman with very little in the way of a goal return. 

He played 45 minutes for Blackpool at Dens in a friendly in 2019. I remembered him because I had to spell his name correctly for the match report.

2 minutes ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

He played 45 minutes for Blackpool at Dens in a friendly in 2019. I remembered him because I had to spell his name correctly for the match report.

Random facts like this always welcome.

Welcome back to the forum, Syd!

40 minutes ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

Long term reader of the forum/back ground creeper. Love your insight mate. 

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

Long term reader of the forum/back ground creeper. Love your insight mate. 

I am highly opinionated. I am also on the club media team. That kinda restricts my activity on social media. If I were to speak my mind freely I'd have long since got my jotters - at the insistence of the SPFL &/or SFA. Them's the breaks.

On the signings front in the pre-match press conference, Bowyer said that when he went to bed last night he thought we had one sewn up but today has seen "a spanner thrown in the works" which might stop it from being done in time for Saturday.

16 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

On the signings front in the pre-match press conference, Bowyer said that when he went to bed last night he thought we had one sewn up but today has seen "a spanner thrown in the works" which might stop it from being done in time for Saturday.

As long as it’s not a sponge and a rusty spanner I’m still hopeful.

Actually happy that Bowyer seems to know what type of player he wants and is willing to wait.

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Would anyone take #TorSOW back at Dens? 

I know you were an admirer @Mr. Alli

Eh... who???

Ah wait... presumably Osman Sow?

No. I think he was better in his spell here than he gets credit for, but he gave off major 'player on his last legs' vibes and I wouldn't want him back 12+months down the line.

Edited by Boo Khaki

2 hours ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

I am highly opinionated. I am also on the club media team. That kinda restricts my activity on social media. If I were to speak my mind freely I'd have long since got my jotters - at the insistence of the SPFL &/or SFA. Them's the breaks.

Fret not my good man Syd, plenty of willing posters on here to fill in the blanks as required.

As for the Dabs, Agent Ross's ludicrous spending spree will do more lasting damage than even we could dream to achieve on the 2nd of May 2016.

In my humble, proud to be Dark Blue opinion of course.

tumblr_b30d0f9575e919695afaac426cde28e6_d9dd22c6_500.gif.ca23cc788a7ac85217de844afb3897aa.gif    R0ff00620c880c4ce90b1fb4924cd174a.gif.22d9183338b2cae09f1f29cb5c3ad542.gif      

Fret not my good man Syd, plenty of willing posters on here to fill in the blanks as required.
As for the Dabs, Agent Ross's ludicrous spending spree will do more lasting damage than even we could dream to achieve on the 2nd of May 2016.
In my humble, proud to be Dark Blue opinion of course.
tumblr_b30d0f9575e919695afaac426cde28e6_d9dd22c6_500.gif.ca23cc788a7ac85217de844afb3897aa.gif    R0ff00620c880c4ce90b1fb4924cd174a.gif.22d9183338b2cae09f1f29cb5c3ad542.gif      

Love that grave dancing gif. Certainly been a bit of a spree by the DABS but they’ve trousered some cash also tbf.

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Bowyer on extension discussions with our star youth players:

image.png.308454ed303fd6c20c75b4b09dae3132.png

image.png.fb47195ca53c9b76e0c1b4cf030aa83f.png

And a more thorough rundown of the hitch on the new signings front:

image.png.02c34f2fe728af5a8e6f7311fbaebd43.png

image.png.4858845f8e96ef59ed822258f4908361.png

You missed the last bit off...

"And would it be the striker he’s keen to add?

“I couldn’t possibly divulge that information until the ink is dry!” Bowyer added with a wry grin.

“I’m superstitious like that, I’m afraid.”

10 hours ago, locheedee said:

You missed the last bit off...

"And would it be the striker he’s keen to add?

“I couldn’t possibly divulge that information until the ink is dry!” Bowyer added with a wry grin.

“I’m superstitious like that, I’m afraid.”

Loving the GazBo vibes. What a man...

Signing today please!

Lads, don't know about you but I'm really looking forward to see what this season has in store for us. The club feels fresh again now that the stench of the always hungry, always freezing fat mess has left and the board/fans have started to build bridges again. Our young prospects are going to have a big part to play in this season and I can't wait to see them develop.

It may just be pre-season excitement but it feels like a club with direction and purpose.

5-0 Partick Thistle, Gary Bowyer sacked in the morning and John Nelms hubcaps to be stolen soon after.