All things Dundee FC

Aaron Drinan the latest player to be mentioned on the other forum. Another former Ayr player. Currently with Leyton Orient. Played 40 games and scored 13 goals and they paid a fee for him when they signed him. Also has another year on his deal so unsure of the legitimacy but he's a brute type IIRC.

14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aaron Drinan the latest player to be mentioned on the other forum. Another former Ayr player. Currently with Leyton Orient. Played 40 games and scored 13 goals and they paid a fee for him when they signed him. Also has another year on his deal so unsure of the legitimacy but he's a brute type IIRC.

Thanks Ludo.  It's nice to hear some rumours, even if it turns out to be nothing.  

He was a player that relied on hard work and nothing else. High opinion of himself as well declaring that he was the best striker at the club just after Griffiths joined and Cummings was still top scorer. Turned us down thinking he'd get a top flight gig.

Guaranteed to score against us but really happy we are looking elsewhere tbh. No better than Jakubiak and he's not that highly rated either.

I personally think his work rate was a bit of a myth. Big reason we went down was relying on goals from him rather than sticking with Cummings. Largely marked and physically bullied up against seasoned defenders. 

Some step up that is Danny. 

He will score against us in every game V Thistle now NAP.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

He was a player that relied on hard work and nothing else. High opinion of himself as well declaring that he was the best striker at the club just after Griffiths joined and Cummings was still top scorer. Turned us down thinking he'd get a top flight gig.

Guaranteed to score against us but really happy we are looking elsewhere tbh. No better than Jakubiak and he's not that highly rated either.

Totally agree except now he’s fit I think Jakubiak looks better to be honest. 

Bit more of an update from Bowyer about our striker search. Seems like a'body is after a striker so its proving a bit difficult - seems like he's doing the right thing though and holding out for the right one though rather than signing any old shitehttps://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecourier.co.uk%2Ffp%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Fdundee-fc%2F3517669%2Fdundee-gary-bowyer-provides-striker-search-update%2F

I like him taking time on the one hand, I’m fookin desperate for a signing on the other one. Based on absolutely feck all I think we are going to like Cillian. Sheriden and Jakubiak are like 2 new signings. 

Plus! If McGhee isn’t leaving we are covered at centre half with the 4 senior guys and Fisher, maybe Fisher will go out on loan again but from what we’ve seen he looks kinda ready for this level. A quality passing baller for midfield or a Tosh McKinley type full back, either side, plus a striker and I’m happy. 

25 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Listen to the press conference for the Forfar game, Bowyer very clearly wants 2 strikers if he can get them.

Do you think he'll let one of the guys we've got go then? 5 strikers seems a bit much even allowing for injuries

1 minute ago, locheedee said:

Do you think he'll let one of the guys we've got go then? 5 strikers seems a bit much even allowing for injuries

He seems to be suggesting that Sheridan won't be back for a while yet.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He seems to be suggesting that Sheridan won't be back for a while yet.

Ahh, fair enough then. Thought he wasn't too far off but I guess he's been out that long he must be needing a lot of time to get match fit