All things Dundee FC

Only 3 group winners will be seeded for the next round. There are currently 4 teams that can still net maximum points. Let's say they all do, then it'll be settled by GD.

Current standings:

Aberdeen GD+9

Dundee GD+7

Arbroath GD+6

Inverness GD+6

Fixtures:

Aberdeen vs Raith (Sun)

Dundee vs Forfar

Arbroath vs Airdrieonians

Inverness vs Cove Rangers.

First top flight side eliminated for definite tonight as well as St Mirren are papped out the cup.

Really comfortable performance 1st, should’ve been at least another couple in front. 2nd half Jakubiak surely gets a penalty when pushed as he’s away to shoot, his tap in is very tight for being offside. Game should’ve been done and dusted. Put under a bit of pressure but only the chance in the last minute to worry about.

French done away fine and looks decent on the ball. Striker and creative midfielder please 🙏🏽 

Griffiths would’ve had a hat trick with Jakubiak’s chances….

17 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Ended up paying for the stream, an absolute spinning circles pile of shite.

Thank you.

Thought it was an excellent stream. Only missed the McMullan/Ferrie incident at the death due to the camerman being a bit dodgy but other than that excellent. Strange one.

No quite but we're definitely on the back foot. The subbies at HT made all the difference. McGinn and McGowan hardly ever give the ball away whereas almost every time McMullen had it he lost possession. Williamson looked ok but he's a runnner and not a ball player by the look of it. GB knows and and we all know it too, badly need a couple of strikers in plus a creative midfielder

I’m already thinking a ‘runner’ is not what we need. Defo another striker and imo, a player with a bit of class in virtually any other position. We are decent for the championship but to make winning it almost a certainty we need a wee bit more class.

We were brilliant at times in the first half and as i said the other week on here the pairing of Marshall and McGinn on the left looks really good. McGinn clearly doesn't have his pace anymore but being so composed and finding someone every time is invaluable. 

Negatives tonight were McMullen when he came on (absolutely dreadful), French's positioning and passing out at times and Anderson who was really horrific tonight. 

A good win however and we move on to Forfar before the 'real' stuff begins. Roll on the Partick and hopefully a big crowd to Raith. 

Like everything about Bowyer so far and clearly he's rotating players well to get them to full fitness which McPake was useless at. 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

He's ALIVE!...

That's the fight we need in the Championship this season!

53 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aye, thought I'd seen that announced months ago. Good move for him, he's the hottest commodity in Indian football now, and so he should be.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Only 3 group winners will be seeded for the next round. There are currently 4 teams that can still net maximum points. Let's say they all do, then it'll be settled by GD.

Current standings:

Aberdeen GD+9

Dundee GD+7

Arbroath GD+6

Inverness GD+6

Fixtures:

Aberdeen vs Raith (Sun)

Dundee vs Forfar

Arbroath vs Airdrieonians

Inverness vs Cove Rangers.

First top flight side eliminated for definite tonight as well as St Mirren are papped out the cup.

I'll be raging if we somehow miss out on seeding, as much as I like Forfar I fully expect another 3-0 win at least.

I haven't been able to take in most of the games in the cup/pre-season only highlights and opinions but the impression I'm getting from Bowyer is his ability to get something extra out of players we already have.

Jakubiak scoring consistently through pre-season (though by the sounds of it missing quite a few chances), Mcginn putting in performances and maybe another resurgence in importance from Mcgowan.

I saw an interview from Kenny Crawford and Cammy Kerr last night where they talk about Cammys goal and Bowyer has noticed his knack of getting in good positions in the box from set pieces and encouraging him to do that more and more. That sort of thing seems to me to be the benefit of a seasoned and experienced manager finding ways to get the best out of what he has.

I know we still need a few new faces and hoping Bowyer gets his striker that he has said he needs because I don't think we can rely on Jak and Rudden up front for a full season. Barely heard anything about Sheridan other than hes back in training...

Think our last few managers - certainly at least all of them since McCann - kept Kerr back at corners. Interesting that Bowyer views him differently and it's already paid dividends.

I’m not sure which regional league Queen’s Park are in but they had a good crack at the big boys yesterday and they should survive this season. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Girth

2 hours ago, Girth said:

I’m not sure which regional league Queen’s Park are in but they had a good crack at the big boys yesterday and they should survive this season. 

Thank you. 

I take it you are on the wind up?  They are a Scottish Championship side.  🤔

34 minutes ago, mev said:

I take it you are on the wind up?  They are a Scottish Championship side.  🤔

I would tell you it was obviously a wind-up, but considering the level of snivelling diddies we will be battering throughout the season I'm inclined to think otherwise.