All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

It’s all going to go horribly wrong when the league starts, eh?

100%. 

He will be happy with what he has because he will believe all teams in the Championship will be the same standard as Hamilton Accies, Jakubiak and Rudden will get injured before Sheridan returns and we will find ourselves 9 points off the top after 4 games.

Or we could just going pumping ah' c**t without a reply and have the league won by February.

I can't figure out what scenario is more Dundee?

45 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

100%. 

He will be happy with what he has because he will believe all teams in the Championship will be the same standard as Hamilton Accies, Jakubiak and Rudden will get injured before Sheridan returns and we will find ourselves 9 points off the top after 4 games.

Or we could just going pumping ah' c**t without a reply and have the league won by February.

I can't figure out what scenario is more Dundee?

Could we wait until the first week of March away to Cove Rangers  and as an added bonus make it the game McIntyre loses his job?

Edited by Shadow Play

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Quite optimistic, another sound win with a lot of youths yet again.

Excellent Gal.

On to the next one.

Thank you.

Speaking of youths, I think a lot of these big money moves that other young Scottish talent are getting has a lot to do with the marketing and branding of them. The recent ones have been (albeit very different types) no better imo (although not seeing them every week) than Anderson or Mulligan, I think if we firstly sign them up on 4 year deals then market them both correctly, we could get 7 figure sums for them.

I'm concerned about a total lack of creativity in the centre of the pitch. I think we have decent options out wide now, but if a few of the Championship sides decide to come to Dens and sit in I think we might have real problems breaking them down. Sheridan could turn out to be a handy battering ram in that case, but he isn't really a genuine targetman type despite his size.

I don't think the issues with the club will have passed Bowyer even remotely by. We have 6 weeks in the transfer window left, I have full faith that he knows what he needs to get this team kicking into full gear.

Taking his time over signings is pretty reassuring, he has to suss out what we’ve got already. So far so good.

14 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Taking his time over signings is pretty reassuring, he has to suss out what we’ve got already. So far so good.

The only worry so far is the standard of trialists he’s had in. They’re no where near the required standard. 

6 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

The only worry so far is the standard of trialists he’s had in. They’re no where near the required standard. 

Suspect he's maybe misjudged the standard a bit or they've not performed like he expected.

The good thing is he's seen they aren't good enough and ditched them rather than sign them up anyway.

Early pre season problems.

No one to score the goals. Jakubiak isn’t going to do it and Rudden is a bit meh. 

No one to open up the other team by their passing range from the centre of midfield. Anderson and Mulligan can run beyond the strikers all day but no one that’s creative 

2 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Suspect he's maybe misjudged the standard a bit or they've not performed like he expected.

The good thing is he's seen they aren't good enough and ditched them rather than sign them up anyway.

Totally agree. A player that can’t get a game for Exeter City isn’t going to be good enough for us. 

6 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Aye I’m not seeing where the swagger and confidence is coming from other than blind faith in Bowyer to make things right. We were howling last season and the vast majority of the season before and now all of a sudden Fin who could hardly get a game for Cove is going to be a league winner? We have lost Charlie who dragged us to where we were and replaced him with nobody IMO.

im blootered, viva la Rory McIlroy.

Thank You. 

Charlie would be ideal in this side in this league. 

43 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

28 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Like an above poster said he’s got 6 weeks to sort this, I’m more than happy he’s took players on and almost instantly decided they weren’t up to scratch, where French is concerned I’ll take his word for it considering he’s signed him before but so far a bit meh, maybe that cause of his opposition so far odd to say but the test will be Queen’s Park and maybe even Simon Murray who is on a hot streak , genuinely looking forward to this game

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Speaking of youths, I think a lot of these big money moves that other young Scottish talent are getting has a lot to do with the marketing and branding of them. The recent ones have been (albeit very different types) no better imo (although not seeing them every week) than Anderson or Mulligan, I think if we firstly sign them up on 4 year deals then market them both correctly, we could get 7 figure sums for them.

This is Dundee we're talking about, that's too sensible for us 😂

The problem with CA is that he would stop playing at some point and we have no one close. Might get lucky and find a young CA somewhere but a senior player of that ability would probably sign up in a higher division .

I'm surprised some are wondering about the squad, trialists etc.  Overall, we were shit last year so unless a major overhaul was looming we will go in to the season with the same range of decent/average/shite players as before.