All things Dundee FC

12 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

Fairly happy with the Williamson signing but can't help feeling that it will hinder the progress of our youngsters, Robertson, Cameron, Mulligan and Anderson who will probably get less game time.

Wouldn't worry about Mulligan not getting game time, the boy is going to be a key player for us this season

Fairly happy with the Williamson signing but can't help feeling that it will hinder the progress of our youngsters, Robertson, Cameron, Mulligan and Anderson who will probably get less game time.

That’s an absolute certainty. When young Fin came on against Blackburn he immediately looked class, he is most similar to a Glen Kamara type and most suited to a team playing out from the back. However I doubt he’ll start a single game for us this season, hopefully he goes on loan to somewhere like Falkirk where the managers always attempts to play good football.

I loved Williamson. Gets stuck right in and can play a bit. Said it on our thread but I always remember liking the fact his profile picture was him flying in to a challenge off the ground two footed covered in mud. 

Sums his attitude up 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 hour ago, Den Spark said:

That was my first thought when the rumour was floated… a truly bizarre signing for a club with Robertson and Anderson on their books, about to start a season in the Championship.

46 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Any time I seen Raith it was very much channel football.

Played absolutely lovely stuff past couple seasons. Think their failing is never really having had a good striker. McGlynn always signed wee tidy midfield players 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I loved Williamson. Gets stuck right in and can play a bit. Said it on our thread but I always remember liking the fact his profile picture was him flying in to a challenge off the ground two footed covered in mud. 

Sums his attitude up 

Sounds like he could be a back up (or replacement) for Byrne...

11 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

What's happened to the alleged 'Premiership striker' we were supposed to be in for, even if it involved a fee?

I think Berbz is still on his holidays. 

Just now, locheedee said:

I'd have said Fin would do that job pretty well too though

Good point. Gal is certainly eyeing some strength in depth.

Think we still need some more options up front. 

That’s a brilliant article. Had no idea he was the son of Ian Bowyer.

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Good point. Gal is certainly eyeing some strength in depth.

Think we still need some more options up front. 

Yeah good point mate + Williamson is maybe a bit more of a unit than Fin for those matches where brute force is maybe more needed than compsure and silky skills