All things Dundee FC

52 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Per Bowyer:

• Max Anderson has been dealing with a groin niggle, should be fine and available for Saturday.
  • Jordan McGhee dealing with a minor ankle injury, but nothing too concerning. No mention of any outside interest.
  • Adam Legzdins has been given the green light to return to training, will hopefully be fully fit and available in a couple of weeks.
  • Jay Chapman is still in North America due to paperwork issues, Bowyer has had discussions with him over his return. Seems we still fully expect him to be back.

This is excellent news.

I hope Chapman gets his chance.

15 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

The cynic in me suggests he would have already if he was good enough.

You would think, however first he had a manager that played Griffiths constantly ahead of Cummings then he had Mark McGhee.

I think he might, going by @RandomGuy.'s graphs, be a good attacking midfielder.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

You would think, however first he had a manager that played Griffiths constantly ahead of Cummings then he had Mark McGhee.

I think he might, going by @RandomGuy.'s graphs, be a good attacking midfielder.

Very true. There's also maybe the possibility that he's best as a no.10 but in our predicament last season that was a luxury we couldn't afford and so opted for more defensive options.

I remember Chapman playing 1 game, think it was against Motherwell away. He wasn't amazing but I don't remember coming away thinking he was a bad player. My memory may deceive me, however.

Edited by Lalo

Zak Rudden has made his goal targets public by saying that he wants to double his last championship tally. Aiming for around 18-20. I like the confidence and I'd lick his baldy napper if he was to come up with that many goals. 

Personally, watching him last season, it was hard to see where goals come from but hopefully new manager, new tactics and new pairings mean he can get better chances in front of the sticks.

On 06/07/2022 at 12:03, RawB93 said:

I can’t really explain it, but Gowzer looks like Minnie Mouse. 
F7DA9AAF-B0EC-48C0-A9EE-AACF373EE9BF.thumb.jpeg.7e2fae6674933297f673e80426fde75a.jpeg

I saw a photo of him on Instagram that is making me worry that his trip to Turkey may not have been worth it!  He is, however, looking fitter than he has been recently.  As many of you may know, I’ve not been his biggest fan the last couple of seasons but I think he will prove to be a very important player for us this season.

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I saw a photo of him on Instagram that is making me worry that his trip to Turkey may not have been worth it!  He is, however, looking fitter than he has been recently.  As many of you may know, I’ve not been his biggest fan the last couple of seasons but I think he will prove to be a very important player for us this season.

When i saw him at Peterhead on saturday thought the team bus had maybe had to stop at the big hoose in Peterhead to free him on the way past 😜

Encouraging, short interview from Gaz on Twitter. Hard not to like the guy so far. Our only actual signing to date offers a bit of promise. He’s not a mumbler and seems capable of using both sides of his mouth. Quietly optimistic.

Think Raith fans thought they were getting him, don't think they were all that fussed about it though...

Vaguely remember him being hyped by the media as being amazing though but they did that with Josh McPake too so probably the usual, he must be amazing he's from Rangers chat.

Found @Against The Machine's assessment for Partick fans who thought they were getting him, sounds pretty par for the course for an Old Firm loanee it sounds. He loves a goal against the Accies though, celebrated right in front of their fans too, so get him in the first XI on Saturday!

image.thumb.png.c2da7a7cae7895e66e4e53538095506b.png

Also, I thought Williamson was a wing back so shows how much I know about him lol. If only he could've played some games for Rangers B against Open Goal Broomhill or some shite, then we'd have seen his full potential unleashed.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Ben Williamson about to join on loan from Rangers according to the media.

Do we think this is a Strachan signing, given that Gaz surely can’t know too much about Old Firm youngsters.
ETA - not keen on these deals as a general principle, better to play our own youngsters.
When was the last time one of these ‘youngster from a ‘big’ club’ loans worked for us?

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Found @Against The Machine's assessment for Partick fans who thought they were getting him, sounds pretty par for the course for an Old Firm loanee it sounds. He loves a goal against the Accies though, celebrated right in front of their fans too, so get him in the first XI on Saturday!

image.thumb.png.c2da7a7cae7895e66e4e53538095506b.png

Also, I thought Williamson was a wing back so shows how much I know about him lol. If only he could've played some games for Rangers B against Open Goal Broomhill or some shite, then we'd have seen his full potential unleashed.

Ahh thats what I was meaning earlier, I couldn't find it but thought it was in the Raith thread rather than Partick.

8 hours ago, locheedee said:

Vaguely remember him being hyped by the media as being amazing though but they did that with Josh McPake too so probably the usual, he must be amazing he's from Rangers chat.

This is it, some young players seem to be marketed very well these days without being very stand out at all. Like Josh McPake and Calvin Miller that we have had previously, I put this guy in the same boat. It's a no from me.