All things Dundee FC

New Shagger on board. 
Just waiting for the verdict from my Wrexham supporting mate.
Verdict: ‘Gutted. One of our most consistent defenders when picked. Shame the current manager didn’t like him’. 
https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/tyler-signs/?fbclid=IwAR3UYTXMF-sJbSmMStAWgEJmaf6ZUqlojnnmOvCoaw4_BVDCqSCXcUiys6U

Looking on their fans forum it seemed more ‘good riddance’. They’re probably as fickle a bunch of c***s are we are though. The right sort of signing imo, right age, manager knows him etc. I’ll give him a chance for sure.

He's played 6 times for Gary Bowyer according to Transfermarkt. 3 starts at CH and 3 sub appearances at RB.

Played all of last season as a CH for Wrexham.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Wrexham fans on Twitter gutted they've got rid.

Wrexham fans on their fan forum absolutely delighted and laughing about it.

People who only reside on club-specific forums are miserable welts, they'll probably think they're in for EPL players with their movie money.

Happy with this signing, needed another defender and this boy's just now coming into his peak years. Think he'll do well.

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

People who only reside on club-specific forums are miserable welts, they'll probably think they're in for EPL players with their movie money.

Happy with this signing, needed another defender and this boy's just now coming into his peak years. Think he'll do well.

I try my best not to read too much into this. From experience of even our own fans the opinions differ so much.

He seems to come with a decent record and a former manager going back to sign a player again is a good enough sign for me. So long as its not like Mcintyre with Woods...

I suppose some similarities with Ryan Sweeney when we signed him from Mansfield, mixed reaction from their fans IIRC. I'll be happy enough if he contributes as much to the team as Sweeney did last season.

Got to trust GB on this one. When he was appointed most fans were hoping he would use his extensive knowledge down south to bring in a few gems from the lower leagues, hopefully this is the start.

Having no idea of his quality, he does at least fill the quota for a little and large CH pairing.

The two brutes in Ashcroft & Sweeney with the more mobile, ball playing types in McGhee & French.

4 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

I suppose some similarities with Ryan Sweeney when we signed him from Mansfield, mixed reaction from their fans IIRC. I'll be happy enough if he contributes as much to the team as Sweeney did last season.

Got to trust GB on this one. When he was appointed most fans were hoping he would use his extensive knowledge down south to bring in a few gems from the lower leagues, hopefully this is the start.

This is pretty much spot on. 

The Wrexham leaving message contradicts (slightly) Transfermarkt and states: 'After making his debut just a day after signing from Bradford City, the versatile defender – who featured at both right wing-back, and on the right side of the back three...' suggests he might be Christie Elliott's replacement to compete with Cammy at RB. Suppose time will tell.

Edited by Ludo*1