All things Dundee FC

Read earlier the now deleted post by @RossBFaeDundee regarding our other trialist today, Christian Dailly's 'young lad'  Harvey.

At 23 years of age I would say the boat just may have sailed to join our development squad, contrary to Ross's earlier comments, especially after experiencing a free from a lower league Dundee United, a spell at Brechin City whom with respect were in freefall at the time and latterly then involved at junior level with Carnoustie Panmure.

Please excuse me for being very alarmed whilst no one else would appear to be even passing comment.

Concerned regards.  

8 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Read earlier the now deleted post by @RossBFaeDundee regarding our other trialist today, Christian Dailly's 'young lad'  Harvey.

At 23 years of age I would say the boat just may have sailed to join our development squad, contrary to Ross's earlier comments, especially after experiencing a free from a lower league Dundee United, a spell at Brechin City whom with respect were in freefall at the time and latterly then involved at junior level with Carnoustie Panmure.

Please excuse me for being very alarmed whilst no one else would appear to be even passing comment.

Concerned regards.  

No thanks

I was hoping I had deleted that before anyone had seen it @This Charming Man, as I had jumped the gun 🤣

It is actually Bobby Dailly, who was recently a youth player for Millwall, and is almost certainly on trial for the development squad. No need to be alarmed.

image.jpeg.018ddcd63e8b5e22d11af6802996a0e9.jpegimage.png.d841e37c823fd643825a9c89b1f3af4a.png

10 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I was hoping I had deleted that before anyone had seen it @This Charming Man, as I had jumped the gun 🤣

It is actually Bobby Dailly, who was recently a youth player for Millwall, and is almost certainly on trial for the development squad. No need to be alarmed.

image.jpeg.018ddcd63e8b5e22d11af6802996a0e9.jpegimage.png.d841e37c823fd643825a9c89b1f3af4a.png

“Sighs of relief all around”

If these youths make it to the first team, we'll have Christian Dailly & Lee Wilkie's sons at CH & Gordon Strachan's grandson at full back. Any other notable names?

I actually wonder if Rudden might be massive for us this season. He didn’t really set the heather on fire last season but he had covid and 1 or 2 wee niggles, plus he came into a team that was really struggling. A season (hopefully) in the Championship in a more confident team could be the best thing for him.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

I actually wonder if Rudden might be massive for us this season. He didn’t really set the heather on fire last season but he had covid and 1 or 2 wee niggles, plus he came into a team that was really struggling. A season (hopefully) in the Championship in a more confident team could be the best thing for him.

I agree with this definitely but as ever if the service ain’t there might as well have a lump of wood up top, relying on the wings to put in good cross in or near the box as the guy is 6’2 also decent and quick with his feet from what I’ve seen of him so far , I feel like he reminds me of a striker just not sure who?

I agree with this definitely but as ever if the service ain’t there might as well have a lump of wood up top, relying on the wings to put in good cross in or near the box as the guy is 6’2 also decent and quick with his feet from what I’ve seen of him so far , I feel like he reminds me of a striker just not sure who?

The fact he reminds you of a striker is a positive, we’ve had lots of guys up front who bore no resemblance!

4 hours ago, Fifespud said:

It was said when you signed him in January but he genuinely looked like he'd never seen a football for ages with us until he sclaffed a goal in after missing chance after chance and it all just clicked. I can't see any reason he can't do the same at Dundee, especially when he's dropping down to a level he's shown he can play well at already.

He did look far better with another striker up with him too but no idea if that's in Bowyer's plans.

On 02/07/2022 at 22:06, RossBFaeDundee said:

The courier is at it again, saying he is Christian Dailly's son https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/3455943/christian-dailly-son-bobby-4th-family-dundee-dundee-united/

28 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Are you guys certain he isn't?

I did a quick google and it looks like he might actually be Dailly's youngest son. Theres a shutterstock image of Christian holding his baby son 'Bobby' in google images