All things Dundee FC

Sounds like Robertson's having a strong showing, boy also has definitely grown into his build, looking bigger and stronger each season. I still think we can make good use of him this coming season, we know he's good enough for Championship level.

Happy to see Rudden hit the back of the net, we'll need that to happen quite frequently lol.

51 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I just did, something to do with an incident involving a Dundee keeper in London, police were involved or something. Could be shite though.

For a second earlier I thought you were suggesting he was retiring to join the police - PHEW!

10 minutes ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

Would be disappointing as I really like Marshall, but would also require a fee so it's not dreadful. Definitely someone we've thought for a while could be targeted for a move elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Having a good runout so far , have Peterhead had a sniff at goal yet?

Peterhead team is pretty weak tbf. They're really struggling to put a team together. Davie Nicholls said this in the build-up:

“We know that we need bodies in and there is a temptation to get that done quickly however prioritising quantity would be the wrong thing to do.”

“We had more than half a dozen trialists in before the double header at Elgin last weekend who all looked good in training. However, in a game environment it never quite worked so we let a few of them go and brought in three new boys in midweek.”

“In that trio is a goalkeeper, a midfielder and a winger. They took part in a really tough training session on Wednesday and will be involved against Dundee along with the trialists we have kept on.”

That will get the chance to show that can add something to the squad. Despite the temptation to get numbers in the manager and I are committed to only getting in players who will play.”

“We have had to show a lot of patience to stick to that and hopefully that patience will be rewarded over the next week and we will face Aberdeen a week on Sunday in our first competitive fixture with a strong starting XI and a strong bench.”

“Dundee will be a strong test this weekend. They have a new manager in place and their players will be out to impress him. Ryan Strachan is not ready to play yet and we have a couple of other injury doubts as well but we have a good strong core who will be up for the challenge of this game.”

Still, very good run out for us though!

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Would be disappointing as I really like Marshall, but would also require a fee so it's not dreadful. Definitely someone we've thought for a while could be targeted for a move elsewhere.

I can't see us letting him go. Reckon we'd need a very decent offer to part with him and don't think he's good enough for a club to pay around £150kish.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Peterhead team is pretty weak tbf. They're really struggling to put a team together. Davie Nicholls said this in the build-up:

Always nice to batter a team with Ryan Dow in it tbf.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I can't see us letting him go. Reckon we'd need a very decent offer to part with him and don't think he's good enough for a club to pay around £150kish.

Probably, but these English clubs have more money than sense.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

We have no strikers at all meantime, the trialists we have used have in general failed to impress. The keeper that started for us did ok and could be offered a deal maybe as we dont have any signed yet. Although not on the team sheet Lyall Cameron played second half for Dundee and did well, unfortunately Josh Mulligan went in late on McCarthy who had to be helped from the park. Hope Dundee go on to have a fine season but will be faced with stiffer opposition than we provided today.

25 minutes ago, peternapper said:

We have no strikers at all meantime, the trialists we have used have in general failed to impress. The keeper that started for us did ok and could be offered a deal maybe as we dont have any signed yet. Although not on the team sheet Lyall Cameron played second half for Dundee and did well, unfortunately Josh Mulligan went in late on McCarthy who had to be helped from the park. Hope Dundee go on to have a fine season but will be faced with stiffer opposition than we provided today.

Worried about you lads. I'd imagine we'll be good for a couple of loans once Bowyer knows his squad more but it's a bit late in pre-season to not have any signed goalkeepers or strikers and barely able to field 11 players. League One is gonna be a very tough one next season.