All things Dundee FC

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

chappers.thumb.png.e08a560a84b6654f4ef9bdbedf46d72a.png

His most recent season in America. Presses well in midfield and keeps the ball really well. Got told he was wasted in a deeper role at Miami and is better if you allow him to get involved in the final third, and charts back that up. This was him when he got more freedom to attack.

chappers2.thumb.png.43588bd6935f92660615abe43b73571d.png

numberwang-thatsnumberwang.gif

On 26/06/2022 at 22:01, This Charming Man said:

Let's hope it's nowt more than an empty, groundless rumour.

Even in the Championship we require more than an imposter using up a valuable salary with their empty comments and promises of goals.

Merely my opinion, not good enough for the empty pot pissers, certainly not good enough for us.

However, would sign Charlie Mulgrew tomorrow.

Thank you.

I think McNulty would do well in the Championship but it's a no for me. Saw him in the Tikki bar in Benidorm at the end of May in a big brace like contraption on his knee so right away doubts about his fitness for the up and coming campaign. Added to the fact that he was drinking copious amount of Venom then there's no way we should be looking at somebody happy to pour that shite doon their throat.

Edited by ScottyDee1893

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I can see how an ‘Adam’ could be extremely disruptive in an organisation. When someone fundamentally believes they are more knowledgeable than anyone else in the team and when they are looked up to by a section of the workforce then they pretty much have to be the boss or they need emptied. Bowyer (or any new manager) has to come in and win Charlie over before he can manage the rest of the team, everyone listening to the manager then looking at Charlie to see whether to take the managers words on board. Not for me. It was fine will it lasted, it’s over, we move on.

On the other hand, having such an influence can work to a new manager's advantage i.e. instead of having to get 20 or so guys on board they only have to get 1 and the rest follow.   It's a common enough thing in the real world where a new manager's 1st task is to know who pulls the strings amongst the workforce and then get onboard with them.

Interesting, another trialist we're not yet familiar with in the lineup. Graham also starting which I like, good to see him in action.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

New signing? Number 11 listed as Findlay.

20220702_131746.jpg

That's Tom Findlay, one of our youth players. It seems they're filling the vacant squad numbers for this friendly.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Interesting, another trialist we're not yet familiar with in the lineup. Graham also starting which I like, good to see him in action.

That's Tom Findlay, one of our youth players. It seems they're filling the vacant squad spots for this friendly.

Cheers. Had got myself intrigued by the number 11 being allocated far more than I should have.

Interesting to see McGowan given the captaincy ahead of Kerr. No McGhee in the squad and a trialist CH begs for the rumour mill to be started.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Cheers. Had got myself intrigued by the number 11 being allocated far more than I should have.

Aye it is a curious allocation. Again, I think it's just the club allocating vacant numbers to youth players to have them available for the squad, but Wilkie and Lamb already had numbers AFAIK like how Graham does, so that does make me wonder if there is more to this. Probably not though, as Ashcroft's number is also being used by a trialist.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

That kind of confirms a Legzdins rumour I heard. Something to do with Police, London and a Dundee keeper. It was all very vague what I heard.

What does? He's still recovering from injury, so there's a very clear reason why he's not in the squad. It's been in the news pretty regularly over the past couple of weeks.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

That kind of confirms a Legzdins rumour I heard. Something to do with Police, London and a Dundee keeper. It was all very vague what I heard.

Bowyer said during the week that he wouldn't be risking Legzdins, Sheridan or Ashcroft today as he doesn't want to risk losing them for the season.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

What does? He's still recovering from injury, so there's a very clear reason why he's not in the squad. It's been in the news pretty regularly over the past couple of weeks.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bowyer said during the week that he wouldn't be risking Legzdins, Sheridan or Ashcroft today as he doesn't want to risk losing them for the season.

Aye fair enough. But I did hear something else.

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I just did, something to do with an incident involving a Dundee keeper in London, police were involved or something. Could be shite though.

Ahh fair do's, thought you had more of the juicy details and weren't saying.

Doesn't sound like Legzdins though, he seems like a quiet family man rather than Gowser 2.0