All things Dundee FC

10 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Well I think this is bullshit. The amount of players that have said Lorraine is a key figure behind the scenes is immense, so to just make her reduntant is utter shite from the club.

image.png.293e57a267ac1ddcc23760db8ee6351d.png

It's never nice when folk lose their jobs. However when a business is undergoing a restructuring, like we clearly are, these things are inevitable. 

59 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Well I think this is bullshit. The amount of players that have said Lorraine is a key figure behind the scenes is immense, so to just make her reduntant is utter shite from the club.

image.png.293e57a267ac1ddcc23760db8ee6351d.png

I can’t imagine Lorraine would be on the big bucks so this may perhaps be a sign that the club are serious about breaking even.  The days of one of our managers being allowed to waste the budget signing ICT players on ridiculous wages appear to be over.  

I often felt some of our managers just signed players because money was relatively easy to  get from the chairman, leading to bloated, unbalanced squads.  Bowyer may well just be the type of manager that can work with a more restricted budget.  

On 29/06/2022 at 14:31, Ludo*1 said:

I don't blame any individual for not buying one certainly after the season we've had but it's massively down on what we normally sell over the past 15 or so years. Plenty of £1 kids tickets will be in that amount as well.

What does frustrate me is that it's usually the people who haven't dug deep that are first to be demanding online that Keyes opens the chequebook and signs new players. I don't mean on here, we've a very pleasant bunch on here bar an exception or two IMO.

More drivel from yourself, no shock!

2900 sold, with a month to sell 600 to reach the 3500 which you class as within our usual sales.

Taking in the fact those that get paid monthly would be buying on the final Friday was obviously too out the sphere for you to think of. Don't worry, sure there's more negativity you could stoke up as you have been since February. Maybe letting go of the kitwoman when we've moved facilities can be your area of disdain for now.

Very good sales with the loyalty period extended and a month to go. Looking forward to the season along with the trip to Straraer in a fortnight.

Things are changing at this club and it's well needed. Out with the old - it's seen us fail miserably for years.

A signing or two would be nice next week however.

Thank you.

Added the boring c**t to my ignore list. Should have done that a long time ago tbh. Save the wee petty squabbles from clogging up the thread. 

In other news, delighted that we've sold around 700 season tickets over the past week AND extended the discounted period. Couple of signings and I reckon we'll be well back on track which is great considering the suffering we went through last season.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Added the boring c**t to my ignore list. Should have done that a long time ago tbh. Save the wee petty squabbles from clogging up the thread. 

In other news, delighted that we've sold around 700 season tickets over the past week AND extended the discounted period. Couple of signings and I reckon we'll be well back on track which is great considering the suffering we went through last season.

We've been back on track since McPake was punted.

Clowns like you expected instant miracles with the dross we had though. 

You complaining about someone being boring is like joining the KKK and complaining about racism.

Thank you and goodnight.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

22 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Out of curiosity, do you have the stats for Jay Chapman?

chappers.thumb.png.e08a560a84b6654f4ef9bdbedf46d72a.png

His most recent season in America. Presses well in midfield and keeps the ball really well. Got told he was wasted in a deeper role at Miami and is better if you allow him to get involved in the final third, and charts back that up. This was him when he got more freedom to attack.

chappers2.thumb.png.43588bd6935f92660615abe43b73571d.png

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

His most recent season in America. Presses well in midfield and keeps the ball really well. Got told he was wasted in a deeper role at Miami and is better if you allow him to get involved in the final third, and charts back that up. This was him when he got more freedom to attack.

I'm just gonna be honest and confess, I have no idea how to read these charts. What's considered 'good'?

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Does any manager actually take stats like this seriously?  If so, when they are looking to buy a new player does it not just become a big game of Top Trumps?

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm just gonna be honest and confess, I have no idea how to read these charts. What's considered 'good'?

They're just bar charts, really. Bigger the coloured area, "better" they are at that thing, so you get an idea of how they play. Each one is scored 0-100 in comparison to the other players in the database. Hatched area compares them to their team mates.

adam.thumb.png.cb28a2d912c853fa38c5dfe6ba76dcad.png

Charlie Adam in your Championship season.

Look at green - Aggressive when tackling but doesn't bother getting too involved in defensive work. Good at challenging aerially and picking up second balls.

Look at yellow - Elite in possession, spent more time moving the ball forwards than playing safe sideways/backwards passes. Compared to his team mates it shows he was essential for the team.

Look at red - Got plenty of chances and was clinical with them, but high team mate figures show he was in a strong team. Low shot quality suggests he took a lot of long range shots most players wouldn't score from.

Not sure if that helps?

All about trying to compare categories. After a while you can combine across and see other things (players with low aggression, low aerials, low ball carrying are usually awful physically etc.)

Know its a bit much but I prefer this to the bar charts others do where its just every metric listed.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Does any manager actually take stats like this seriously?  If so, when they are looking to buy a new player does it not just become a big game of Top Trumps?

Its taken as more stylistic than quality by those in the game, as far as I know. So you see how a players been playing in terms of role/style, what they do/don't do, and figure out if they're going to fit in well with what you want them to do or if it'll take time for them to adapt. Helps build a shortlist too if you want players who are used to doing certain amounts of certain things. 

22 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Not for me with the 'stats' Clough would've put a hammer/squash racquet right through the laptop as well.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They're just bar charts, really. Bigger the coloured area, "better" they are at that thing, so you get an idea of how they play. Each one is scored 0-100 in comparison to the other players in the database. Hatched area compares them to their team mates.

Look at green - Aggressive when tackling but doesn't bother getting too involved in defensive work. Good at challenging aerially and picking up second balls.

Look at yellow - Elite in possession, spent more time moving the ball forwards than playing safe sideways/backwards passes. Compared to his team mates it shows he was essential for the team.

Look at red - Got plenty of chances and was clinical with them, but high team mate figures show he was in a strong team. Low shot quality suggests he took a lot of long range shots most players wouldn't score from.

Not sure if that helps?

All about trying to compare categories. After a while you can combine across and see other things (players with low aggression, low aerials, low ball carrying are usually awful physically etc.)

Know its a bit much but I prefer this to the bar charts others do where its just every metric listed.

Its taken as more stylistic than quality by those in the game, as far as I know. So you see how a players been playing in terms of role/style, what they do/don't do, and figure out if they're going to fit in well with what you want them to do or if it'll take time for them to adapt. Helps build a shortlist too if you want players who are used to doing certain amounts of certain things. 

Thanks very much for that. Certainly informative.

Respect to the charts @RandomGuy., however not my thing I'm afraid, unless I'm being unreservedly biased, lol.

No disrespect intended, however Mr Chapman couldn't start a game whilst being employed at a club which was transcending through the relegation campaign as predicted by most realists on here 12 months ago. Two clown managers taken into account, Jimbo McPake and Marco McGhee.

Just saw your latest posting regarding Charlie Adam stats, genuinely interesting, imho.

The point I was about to highlight was Gordon Strachan saw Sir Charles of Adam off the premises indirectly after a previously agreed one year contract extension. I can only compare to my own professional experience whereby I'd sooner have a guy employed on my site who may on occasion challenge me and piss me off with his opinions, however I could trust the feller 100% as a top class operative to complete his task as instructed to the best of his ability.

Mr Gordon Strachan does not welcome alternative opinions, this is fact and John Nelms', bless his cotton socks, doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground I'm afraid.

Genuinely, the very best of good luck to our latest incumbent Gary Bowyer, as like all other Dee's on here, I love my club dearly.

Regards.  

Edited by This Charming Man

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not sure if that helps?

So is the more shaded bit the team average?

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

So is the more shaded bit the team average?

Yeah the shaded area shows the average from the other players who played CM that season.

Respect to the charts [mention=45470]RandomGuy.[/mention], however not my thing I'm afraid, unless I'm being unreservedly biased, lol.
No disrespect intended, however Mr Chapman couldn't start a game whilst being employed at a club which was transcending through the relegation campaign as predicted by most realists on here 12 months ago. Two clown managers taken into account, Jimbo McPake and Marco McGhee.
Just saw your latest posting regarding Charlie Adam stats, genuinely interesting, imho.
The point I was about to highlight was Gordon Strachan saw Sir Charles of Adam off the premises indirectly after a previously agreed one year contract extension. I can only compare to my own professional experience whereby I'd sooner have a guy employed on my site who may on occasion challenge me and piss me off with his opinions, however I could trust the feller 100% as a top class operative to complete his task as instructed to the best of his ability.
Mr Gordon Strachan does not welcome alternative opinions, this is fact and John Nelms', bless his cotton socks, doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground I'm afraid.
Genuinely, the very best of good luck to our latest incumbent Gary Bowyer, as like all other Dee's on here, I love my club dearly.
Regards.  

I can see how an ‘Adam’ could be extremely disruptive in an organisation. When someone fundamentally believes they are more knowledgeable than anyone else in the team and when they are looked up to by a section of the workforce then they pretty much have to be the boss or they need emptied. Bowyer (or any new manager) has to come in and win Charlie over before he can manage the rest of the team, everyone listening to the manager then looking at Charlie to see whether to take the managers words on board. Not for me. It was fine will it lasted, it’s over, we move on.

21 hours ago, Blue-Toon said:

Anyone attending the friendly match against Peterhead at Balmoor Stadium on Saturday should be aware that parking will be very limited due to a planned charity event nearby - https://www.peterheadfc.org/2022/06/30/car-parking-limited/

18 hours ago, peternapper said:

It is also a 2pm kick off, usually able to get space on surrounding streets

The game is also showing up as available on the PFC streaming platform (not the best) if anyone wants to watch it.

https://peterheadfc.univtec.com/home

Register first then should be able to purchase for £10.