All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Don’t underestimate the talent they had in the 80s. I believe the best player in the world Maradona played for them in the 80s. 

For all the fucking relevance that is. We had talent like Caniggia & Nemsadze in the 2000s but also had Patrick Noubissie & Bob Malcolm.

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

For all the fucking relevance that is. We had talent like Caniggia & Nemsadze in the 2000s but also had Patrick Noubissie & Bob Malcolm.

So you are saying that Barcelona team was poor?

Your team was poor on and off the park in the 2000s. Never even won anything and went into administration twice. 

2 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Your team was poor on and off the park in the 2000s. Never even won anything and went into administration twice. 

No, I'm saying you can't judge a club based on one player over the course over a whole decade which is what that sentence was.

Not arguing with anything else.

45 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Actually it was Fitzpatrick who bid £750K for those two players. They went for a combined figure of £1M.

Barcelona team sheet had these players. Don’t underestimate the talent they had in the 80s. I believe the best player in the world Maradona played for them in the 80s. 

Starting Eleven
1. Andoni Zubizarreta
2. Miranda Gerardo
3. Migueli
4. Manolo
5. Munoz Victor
6. Josep Mortallia
7. Ramon Maria Caldere
8. Gary Lineker
9. Mark Hughes
10. Fernandez Roberto
11. Marcos
Billy Thomson .1
John Holt .2
Maurice Malpas .3
Jim McInally .4
John Clark .5
Dave Narey .6
Iain Ferguson .7
Kevin Gallacher .8
Paul Hegarty .9
Paul Sturrock .10
Ian Redford .11

Point proven with that side then 👍

18 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

That was a very poor Barcelona side. 

57 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Actually it was Fitzpatrick who bid £750K for those two players. They went for a combined figure of £1M.

Barcelona team sheet had these players. Don’t underestimate the talent they had in the 80s. I believe the best player in the world Maradona played for them in the 80s. 

Starting Eleven
1. Andoni Zubizarreta
2. Miranda Gerardo
3. Migueli
4. Manolo
5. Munoz Victor
6. Josep Mortallia
7. Ramon Maria Caldere
8. Gary Lineker
9. Mark Hughes
10. Fernandez Roberto
11. Marcos
Billy Thomson .1
John Holt .2
Maurice Malpas .3
Jim McInally .4
John Clark .5
Dave Narey .6
Iain Ferguson .7
Kevin Gallacher .8
Paul Hegarty .9
Paul Sturrock .10
Ian Redford .11

Never heard of any of them but I’m not an old c**t.

6 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Aye righto. That same Barcelona team had competed in the previous season’s European Cup final.

BTW the captain later played with St Mirren. He won 8 major titles with Barcelona. Strike force was very good too or are you saying Lineker and Hughes were poor players?

You are just very jealous of your neighbours success in Europe. That was a magnificent double victory in Europe by a Scottish team. You probably were not even born when this game happened. I’m sure you never seen your team win any major honours.

6 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

32 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

You are just very jealous of your neighbours success in Europe. That was a magnificent double victory in Europe by a Scottish team. You probably were not even born when this game happened. I’m sure you never seen your team win any major honours.

No silverware at the end of it all though, was funny as f**k at the time.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

31 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Aye righto. That same Barcelona team had competed in the previous season’s European Cup final.

BTW the captain later played with St Mirren. He won 8 major titles with Barcelona. Strike force was very good too or are you saying Lineker and Hughes were poor players?

Nowhere near any of the of the Barcelona teams from 1990 onwards including this season’s poor version by Barcelona standards. They were pulling in crowds of around 30 000 with that side you mentioned. 

2 hours ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Good to see the club shop busy on a flying visit to Dundee. Purchases were made, beautiful purchases at that. 

Thank you. 

C5954E1C-34B4-4714-B9D7-C4CF6499B939.jpeg

Casual flex that you're both thinner than me and wealthier.

Cheers pal.