All things Dundee FC

16 hours ago, Crawford said:

Was it Mitchell that "saved" a goal while he was in the back of the net himself?

Can't remember who it was but I was howling laughing at that.

Motherwell.

It prompted something of a meltdown from their social media team IIRC. 

Caniggia to this day is the most ridiculous signing we have made. He should have been nowhere near us. 

Nemsadze was my favourite, however. A magician that came from practically nowhere. He also provided one of the best goals I've seen live against THEM in the fruit salad bowl. 

Edited by Pens_Dark

Ya see I’m only 26 my memory heyday was the challenge cup win, which was up til this season known as the tunnocks caramel water cup where we scrapped a win against 3-2 other than that I’ve very slim pickings of “cup runs, great players, or cracking games” [emoji30]

special mentions of the deefiant season and our promotion last season where we celebrated like mad finishing 2nd like 20 points behind hertz

You not at the Scottish cup final in 2002? I was there, only 27 years old! That’s my worst memory following Dundee.

Remember distinctly beating ICT to get to the final and I’ve never been so happy at a football game; limbs everywhere.

After the final our bus got bricked by the zombies. Some memories with Dundee.

My lowest point was after we were put out of a cup by Aberdeen during the admin season. Genuinely thought we'd go bust without that cup money and burst into tears.

Second lowest was under Gordon Chisholm and we went to Dunfermline and were 3 down early doors. The night I knew the league was gone and I just wanted Jocky back as it was evident the players weren't playing for Chisholm. Still to this day the only game I've ever left early.

10 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

This one killed me, what a team we had then. The dayglo morons then lost to St Mirren in the final.

Thank you.

Difference is that United were a far better team than yours back then. 

That United team won home and away against Barcelona on the way to the UEFA cup final. 

During that period in the 80s Saints and United used to have some brilliant matches, but that final each team cancelled each other out. 

If you had beaten United we would have pumped you in the final so probably best you never made it. Only joking!

The players of the 70s and 80s in Scotland were probably our best ever. I despair sometimes with these journeyman players staying a season or two and can’t get close to the players gone by in terms of commitment and skills. 

St Mirren at one stage planned a double swoop for Keith Wright and Tommy Coyne. Can’t remember why it never went through. Great strike force. 
Good luck next season.

That United team won home and away against Barcelona on the way to the UEFA cup final. 
During that period in the 80s Saints and United used to have some brilliant matches, but that final each team cancelled each other out. 
If you had beaten United we would have pumped you in the final so probably best you never made it. Only joking!
The players of the 70s and 80s in Scotland were probably our best ever. I despair sometimes with these journeyman players staying a season or two and can’t get close to the players gone by in terms of commitment and skills. 
St Mirren at one stage planned a double swoop for Keith Wright and Tommy Coyne. Can’t remember why it never went through. Great strike force. 
Good luck next season.

Very intriguing.

11 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

This one killed me, what a team we had then. The dayglo morons then lost to St Mirren in the final.

Thank you.

i was just a young laddie and i'll always remember a complete stranger kissing me after Dundee scored that day, seen him for years after that at games and i nicknamed him jungle juice in my head as he was always blootered, i found out years later his name was Wullie Reilly.

Thank you.

Yip. Was a bit blootered at that one tbqhwy. So many players played for both teams. Coyne, Ferguson, Holt, Thomson, Redford, McInally. Probs missed one?

i was just a young laddie and i'll always remember a complete stranger kissing me after Dundee scored that day, seen him for years after that at games and i nicknamed him jungle juice in my head as he was always blootered, i found out years later his name was Wullie Reilly.

The legend! I remember him kissing me and Mrs Spud at Brockville on a Wednesday night. Great guy.

13 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Good luck next season.

Hiya Tony, hiya pal 👋

Where do you start with that post 😂St Mirren’s got their best team now since Fergie’s stint, Barcelona of the 80s are hardly recognisable to the team of the last 25 years and planning a double swoop for Coyne and Wright…aye ok pal 😂 we were planning on a double swoop for Dalglish and Rush!

6 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Hiya Tony, hiya pal 👋

Where do you start with that post 😂St Mirren’s got their best team now since Fergie’s stint, Barcelona of the 80s are hardly recognisable to the team of the last 25 years and planning a double swoop for Coyne and Wright…aye ok pal 😂 we were planning on a double swoop for Dalglish and Rush!

Actually it was Fitzpatrick who bid £750K for those two players. They went for a combined figure of £1M.

Barcelona team sheet had these players. Don’t underestimate the talent they had in the 80s. I believe the best player in the world Maradona played for them in the 80s. 

Starting Eleven
1. Andoni Zubizarreta
2. Miranda Gerardo
3. Migueli
4. Manolo
5. Munoz Victor
6. Josep Mortallia
7. Ramon Maria Caldere
8. Gary Lineker
9. Mark Hughes
10. Fernandez Roberto
11. Marcos