All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Last thing I saw of him he was posting in the 'Depression' thread, was quite worried to see his account deleted. Hope things are okay.

Yeah that's not good to hear. Don't suppose anyone on here knows him in RL that can check he's ok?

22 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Yeah that's not good to hear. Don't suppose anyone on here knows him in RL that can check he's ok?

I've spoken to him once privately. He's a regular Shakespeare when it comes to the naughty words so I'm hoping it's just a ban or he's deleted his own account.

Talked about our kids briefly and definitely does his best by them. Hopefully nothing.

8 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I've spoken to him once privately. He's a regular Shakespeare when it comes to the naughty words so I'm hoping it's just a ban or he's deleted his own account.

Talked about our kids briefly and definitely does his best by them. Hopefully nothing.

Cool, fingers crossed everything is ok with him then and like you say he just got a bit too colourful with his turn of phrase or decided to delete his account 🤞

Still might not be a bad idea for anyone that knows him outside of P&B to say hi and make sure

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Strange how he's just disappeared. Good poster as well.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Last thing I saw of him he was posting in the 'Depression' thread, was quite worried to see his account deleted. Hope things are okay.

I've found his account.  The way,he has been banned is the way Div can do it so he must have requested that for it to happen.

Hopefully he's doing ok as I've saw what he posted in depression thread.

1 hour ago, Tynie Tappertit said:

I've found his account.  The way,he has been banned is the way Div can do it so he must have requested that for it to happen.

Hopefully he's doing ok as I've saw what he posted in depression thread.

Thanks for letting us know and like you say hope he's doing ok

That's our first pre-season friendly date announced (not by us though obviously). Away to Montrose on 5th July. I assume it'll be our last pre-season game, considering we'll be playing Accies 4 days later in the League Cup.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

With Bowyer in charge I am expecting proper organisation and fitness, something we've been lacking for many, many, years. With this, last season,  I recon we could have, just, stayed up. We are where we are. We do have some promising youth and this is the opportunity for them to show, if they can, that they can rise to the challenge. Still, key to last year was Adam for his creative role. This is clearly a gap to be filled, because you can't really expect to replace Adam's quality, with a player that can do that role decently over 90 mins regularly. Elliot gone, thankfully, so right back cover required. Kerr was clearly one of our best players last season and, particularly with proper management, could really kick on. Up front really worries me, will Sheridan be fit and will he be good enough even with proper service? I assume Rudden will join but I didn't see enough, though he does need a 4,4,2 with good support striker. Let's face it, everyone is on the lookout for the great striker, hopefully GB has identified an affordable one. So, one cover, two real quality signings and fingers crossed that luck is on our side. 

With Bowyer in charge I am expecting proper organisation and fitness, something we've been lacking for many, many, years. With this, last season,  I recon we could have, just, stayed up. We are where we are. We do have some promising youth and this is the opportunity for them to show, if they can, that they can rise to the challenge. Still, key to last year was Adam for his creative role. This is clearly a gap to be filled, because you can't really expect to replace Adam's quality, with a player that can do that role decently over 90 mins regularly. Elliot gone, thankfully, so right back cover required. Kerr was clearly one of our best players last season and, particularly with proper management, could really kick on. Up front really worries me, will Sheridan be fit and will he be good enough even with proper service? I assume Rudden will join but I didn't see enough, though he does need a 4,4,2 with good support striker. Let's face it, everyone is on the lookout for the great striker, hopefully GB has identified an affordable one. So, one cover, two real quality signings and fingers crossed that luck is on our side. 

I totally agree with all that. We’ve lacked fitness and organisation but we’ve also lacked pace and power. Hopefully any new recruits will add a bit of this. Looking forward to seeing Mulligan and Anderson together in midfield next season and I hope we don’t start loaning in ‘starlets’ from the likes of Derby etc at the expense of giving our own young lads a chance.
What is the script with the Legzdins? Is he genuinely injured or was there a big fallout and he’s actually away?

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I totally agree with all that. We’ve lacked fitness and organisation but we’ve also lacked pace and power. Hopefully any new recruits will add a bit of this. Looking forward to seeing Mulligan and Anderson together in midfield next season and I hope we don’t start loaning in ‘starlets’ from the likes of Derby etc at the expense of giving our own young lads a chance.
What is the script with the Legzdins? Is he genuinely injured or was there a big fallout and he’s actually away?

He attended the Derby and was in with the Dundee fans (alongside Chapman and Fontaine).

Someone on here told me that he's been made club captain or vice captain for next season during the meeting Strachan had with the squad. Bowyer may have other ideas though!