All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

He dominated the midfield first half, and his run down the middle led to our goal, he is the diamond in our upcoming youth. IMO.

We were supposed to be getting him on his return from Peterhead but must’ve really impressed McPake 

Watched the game against Aberdeen up at Pittodrie, we had game Friday night, the game you really should’ve won but somehow lost and he came on for Charlie Adam I am sure and I couldn’t believe the size of him. Similar to the guy Neilson who’s just went to Hearts. Already got the physicality to be a player just needs to brush up on everything else 

Gave off Kevin McDonald vibes

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We were supposed to be getting him on his return from Peterhead but must’ve really impressed McPake 

Watched the game against Aberdeen up at Pittodrie, we had game Friday night, the game you really should’ve won but somehow lost and he came on for Charlie Adam I am sure and I couldn’t believe the size of him. Similar to the guy Neilson who’s just went to Hearts. Already got the physicality to be a player just needs to brush up on everything else 

Gave off Kevin McDonald vibes

Yeah, he's a big unit, spot on with the Kev McD comparison.

eta. I would build the side around him.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I see Bowyer has already got seats in the Derry....

3 hours?

Come on Nelms/Keyes, you can pay someone (insert whatever a reasonable hourly £ wage in Dundee is here) to be there from 9-5 on a Saturday when most of your supporters have the day off. Some of the decisions made are mind-boggling.

Also, from what I can tell this was Tweeted at 9 p.m. Dundee time on a Friday night. Maybe give people a little bit more of a heads up.

Edited by AmericanFan

13 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Yeah, he's a big unit, spot on with the Kev McD comparison.

Very promising to read. What a player he was in his Derry days. Hopefully the reincarnate can follow suit.

Up the fucking Derry.

13 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

eta. I would build the side around him.

Not so sure about this, does he not play the same position as McMullan? Played RW for Scotland yesterday. But agree he should be in the first team, wherever we can fit him in. Think he's played CM for us before. Have to keep developing this group of youngsters we have.

Was about to mention Luke Graham and just discovered he signed a new deal this month - https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/3354339/dundee-kid-luke-graham-new-deal-big-interest-scott-robertson/

Have to admit that totally passed me by, but delighted with the news. Championship is the perfect place to offer him some first team football and hopefully ready him for next season in (hopefully) the top league. If he's been scouted/offered trials at bigger clubs already then we have to be giving him game time in a bid to keep him here. I'm happy enough with Ashcroft, Sweeney and Graham at the back, perhaps one more needed for cover.

On that note, where do folk want to see us strengthen? For me we need a first choice RB, backup LB, creative CM and a striker or two. Another option who could cover both wings would be decent.

21 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

On that note, where do folk want to see us strengthen? For me we need a first choice RB, backup LB, creative CM and a striker or two. Another option who could cover both wings would be decent.

I think Cammy is more than capable in the Championship (shots fired), probably better on the left though with Marshall as back up. Wingers, we have McGinn, McMullan and McCowan so probably a winger wouldn't be a bad idea. We have an abundance of centre mids, but none of them overly creative, I would say Mulligan or Anderson are the most creative we have right now, someone like Scotty Allan would be ideal, but I would also like to see Chapman getting a chance. Strikers are the biggest issue for me, we have Rudden (or do we?) Who is fairly competent at this level, Sheridan, who I am not overly keen on tbh, but will probably be ok in the Championship and Jakubiak, who has had plenty time to prove himself, so I would try and offload. We need a poacher, as non of those 3 are.

2 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Not so sure about this, does he not play the same position as McMullan? Played RW for Scotland yesterday. But agree he should be in the first team, wherever we can fit him in. Think he's played CM for us before. Have to keep developing this group of youngsters we have.

Was about to mention Luke Graham and just discovered he signed a new deal this month - https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/3354339/dundee-kid-luke-graham-new-deal-big-interest-scott-robertson/

Have to admit that totally passed me by, but delighted with the news. Championship is the perfect place to offer him some first team football and hopefully ready him for next season in (hopefully) the top league. If he's been scouted/offered trials at bigger clubs already then we have to be giving him game time in a bid to keep him here. I'm happy enough with Ashcroft, Sweeney and Graham at the back, perhaps one more needed for cover.

Mulligan has played almost exclusively at CM for us. Whether Bowyer keeps him there or if he moves him over to the right wing/right back position like he was for Scotland U21 and Peterhead remains to be seen. Definitely good enough to start regularly, as is Anderson. If Fisher and Cameron are ever going to break into the team it has to be this season. Robertson had already proven it imo, though whether he gets the chance to prove it is another matter. Younger players like Graham and Murray have a bit more time, so unless they have absolute stormers I'd expect to see them out on loan at SPFL clubs.

As for new signings, I'd probably agree with the areas you're targeting. Think we're fine on the winger front personally and I have more faith in our full backs at this level, but at least one striker and a creative CM are absolute priorities.

I'd get rid of Lawlor, regardless of the cost. Heard St Johnstone were looking at him which is just madness. Loan out Sharp to ensure he's getting regular game time and sign a keeper to properly challenge Legzdins as number 1.

2 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Left back, centrehalf, midfield play maker and 2 strikers please. 

33 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd get rid of Lawlor, regardless of the cost. Heard St Johnstone were looking at him which is just madness. Loan out Sharp to ensure he's getting regular game time and sign a keeper to properly challenge Legzdins as number 1.

I’d agree on lawlor get him as far away as Dundee as possible if that means Perth that’ll do me. With regards to sharp I’d have him as my #1 this season and have legzdins as my back up and if he wants first team football let him go

Definitely get shot of Lawlor, if St Johnstone are willing to pay for him I'd laugh my ass off. I'd happily have Legzdins and Sharp competing for the starting spot, particularly if Legzdins is struggling for fitness more often this season. Although I'm a big Legzdins fan, I can see Sharp taking over as #1 goalie for sure by the end of the season.

35 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

I’d agree on lawlor get him as far away as Dundee as possible if that means Perth that’ll do me. With regards to sharp I’d have him as my #1 this season and have legzdins as my back up and if he wants first team football let him go

I'd be very wary starting the season with Sharp due to his lack of experience and the fact that we're going to have youth throughout the squad as is. He's only played 6 first team games at any level. I think Legzdins is still a bit better than him as well despite Sharp's brilliant performances. Think we've got the potential to have a really good keeper in Sharp, but it's so easy to shatter a keeper and I reckon we should play it safe and get him somewhere where he'll get a regular game.

By the end of the season, with Sharp having hopefully played a lot of football, I think he'd then be ready to be our new number 1!