All things Dundee FC

Competent appointments like today's is almost - (almost) - enough to make me splodge near £400 on Season ticket when I will hardly be able to attend.

Well done to Nelms and Strachan.

Don't let us down, Mr Bowyer - and welcome to the circus.

Delighted with the appointment. As i said when McPake left the movement in which the club would be taking for the next decade and beyond would begin in the summer. 

The whole episode of McGhee and the horrifically bad squad he inherited was really meaningless. We need to begin to recruit wisely now, slowly get rid of the doughnuts McPake brought in and move forward with the new stadium. 

Time to move forward as a club. All the best Bowyer.

Thank you. 

Nelms saying the cost of the new stadium project (the whole thing, not just the stadium) is going to cost £144m and Keyes is putting £30-40m towards it:

Nelms revealed the the total cost of the project stands at £144m, with the club's contribution around £30m-£40m.

"My timescales are always much more aggressive than everybody else's," he said. "I want to get this accomplished and get it out so the city of Dundee can enjoy it.

"We're working with city council, we're hoping to have our full application in this summer. From there on we'll keep pushing as fast as we can.

"I would love to be playing in a new facility sometime in the 2024-25 season. I think that's achievable, whether other people think that's achievable [or not].

"The aspects we're going to build and keep, we've had many conversations and have engaged a group that is happy to fund what we're trying to fund."

Edited by Ludo*1

Looks like a sensible appointment for once. Blackburn fans seem to speak highly of him which is unusual in an ex manager. The 1st proper appointment since Hartley. 

It also appears Jack Ross’ missus put the kibosh on his appointment with not letting him live in a flat up here on his own 😂 must be a proper shagger 😂

Might be a bit slow on the transfer front for another while as Bowyer is off on holiday for a week as of tomorrow (which has been shortened by a couple of weeks since agreeing to take the job).

Much talk of us developing a ‘style’ of playing. A style that will be instantly recognisable and unique to Dundee. That was more from Nelms of course.
Hopefully it’s one that allows us to win games!

56 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Gary Bowyer my lord, Gary Bowyer.

Gary Bowyer my lord, Gary Bowyer.

Oh lord, Gary Bowyer.

So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside
But baby, it ain't over it's Gary Bowyer,
So many years we've tried
To keep our love alive
But baby, it ain't over it's Gary Bowyer.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Might be a bit slow on the transfer front for another while as Bowyer is off on holiday for a week as of tomorrow (which has been shortened by a couple of weeks since agreeing to take the job).

Where’s he heading? Doubles as a scouting mission imo. 

Thank you.